PDA

View Full Version : Roush Clone

tsuckley
10-27-09, 12:12 PM
I have been considering turning my 06-V6 into a Roush clone, because I love the body kit on the stage 2. I just couldnt help drooling of them at the car show..

My question is, has anyone had any problems doing this kind of conversion? it should just be a simple body work change, with the added foam of the gt bumper.

I thought about just trading my car in and getting a real Roush, but this car is paid off, and I cant afford a $900 a month car payment right now.

ASUSMC
10-27-09, 12:18 PM
Call Stage3 (sponsor on here) they can tell you everything you need to know about this swap.

1-877-5-STAGE3
623-434-5277

AirborneVet
10-27-09, 12:20 PM
Owning a car with title in hand is MUCH better than having a monthly payment, especially if you have even the slightest fear of a car payment. I say keep what you have and mod 'till your hearts content.

As far as the Roush kit goes, Roush has been having lots of sales on their body parts lately, and they even offer them pre-painted. I say this with a caveat though - your car being red and a few years old, if it spends most of its time sitting in the Arizona sun you may have some issues with the Roush paint being a good match. I would talk to a good body shop about that before I spent the coin on the pre-painted parts.

DSGFOX
10-27-09, 12:28 PM
Stage3motorsports has a few different options for Roush kits for the V6 cars. anything from a stage 1,2 clone or a clone of the super popular 427R body kits.

see below link.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/category/105mustang2005.exterior___body.full_body_kits/

tsuckley
10-27-09, 12:33 PM
I am planning on using Stage3 when the time comes.. They are a bunch of good guys over there.

Wharf Rat
10-27-09, 06:50 PM
Like these guys said, Roush has had all of the body parts on sale lately. The 427R kits come with the wing, scoop, and bumper and are pretty reasonable. If you add the rear bumper you gotta jack with the cat-back, too so it adds about $500 to the cost of the bumper.

I have the wheels from my 427R for sale in the classifieds if you don't want to drop $400 a pop on the Roush wheels.

Asking $800 for the set.