PDA

View Full Version : Another One!

Jodaddy
11-10-09, 12:54 AM
Got another ****en speeding ticket, doing 75 on the freeway. Really ten over? Camera's pick up @ 76 wtf!
Another 172 dollars down the drain....
great................

ASUSMC
11-10-09, 07:15 AM
Slow down. Do 70 and its not a problem.

05mustangman
11-10-09, 04:58 PM
What? dude thats so gay! your just not having very good luck lately.

Rev'n Kevin
11-10-09, 06:08 PM
Looks like you got a bargain, I was 11 miles per hour over and mine was $181, maybe they give discounts the more you get, lol. We should start a club. :laughing:

Mr. Austin
11-10-09, 07:16 PM
Slow Down?

AirborneVet
11-10-09, 10:13 PM
I second, third, fourth, whatever...slow down. If you gotta get somewhere on time then leave early.

About 18 years of driving here and I have 2 speeding tickets to show for it. I usually go about 5 over, maybe push 10 over if it's in the middle of nowhere (like West Texas). One of the tickets was for 6 over, but it was about 2:00 AM in Georgia and I think the guy was looking for more than just the speed. The other was for 101 in a 55 and thus was a direct result of my stupidity at the time. I was VERY lucky not to lose my license over that one, especially since it was in North Carolina (15+ over there is supposed to be automatic suspension of license for 1 year).

Jodaddy
11-10-09, 10:47 PM
o well guess sh!t happens.
Worst part about it was the cop was totally trippin balls, i put my hands in my pockets cuz it was cold out and he freaked! And he kept lookin in my car like im smuggling drugs or a dead body.

Well if theres a lesson to be learned its
A. Dont smuggle drugs or dead bodys in a Mustang
B. Your a freakin' target for speeding tickets

O well! They can take my money but they cant take my car :biglaugh:

yet anyway....

05mustangman
11-10-09, 11:42 PM
well at least you didnt get a $245 turn signal violation! LOL!

Rev'n Kevin
11-10-09, 11:55 PM
O well! They can take my money but they cant take my car :biglaugh: yet anyway....

Try going 20 or more over and see how fast they take your car, they call it felony speed.

And for all you telling us to slow down, how about this, in the 55 zone of I-10 if your doing the speed limit your going to get your ass run over by everybody, I've done 65 thru that section and still had cars passing me like I was standing still. If you drive the speed limit in this town, your gonna get them riding your bumper or zooming by flipping you off.

Now most of the time I drive the posted speed limit or 2 or 3 over, here's the latest crap I put up with, these driver's doing the speed limit in front of me, let's say 65 on the 101 and they see the cameras and slow to 60 0r 55, com'n what's up with this crap they're going to cause an accident, by break checking in the camera zones, they wern't even speeding and they slow to below the speed limit.

wickedcobra
11-11-09, 07:20 AM
So I guess my $536 ticket for going 145mph wasn't too bad after all:redface:

DSALEEN
11-11-09, 11:27 AM
Just straight short bus syndrome

Mr. Austin
11-11-09, 11:01 PM
So I guess my $536 ticket for going 145mph wasn't too bad after all:redface:

WOW!! thats good! my buddy topped out in his honda at 102. (He has it on hid phone..It was topped out) and the cop who was behind him the entire time watching him till he let off game him a $930 For wreck less driving on 2 counts. felony speeding and lane changing with out signaling.

BurnTire
11-12-09, 12:33 AM
Ahh keeping the government in business. LOL

Jodaddy
11-12-09, 01:42 AM
haha yeah gotta love gettin screwed by the long dick of the law

Wades GT
11-12-09, 07:45 AM
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
well at least you didnt get a $245 turn signal violation! LOL!

wickedcobra
11-12-09, 09:00 AM
I look at it like this....if your gonna speed be prepared to pay the fines.

IMSHAKN
11-12-09, 09:18 AM
As others have said, slow down or man up and just deal with it when you get caught.

o well guess sh!t happens.
Worst part about it was the cop was totally trippin balls, i put my hands in my pockets cuz it was cold out and he freaked! And he kept lookin in my car like im smuggling drugs or a dead body.

Any officer in their right mind would freak out when you do that. Hell, I'd probably have the gun drawn on you by the point and then ask you to please place your hands on the steering wheel where I can see them. When you start putting your hands in your pocket like that he's going to become suspicious and on alert.

05mustangman
11-12-09, 01:33 PM
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

:copcar::gun3:

:blkstang: :copcar::asshole2:

White90GT
11-12-09, 02:20 PM
haha yeah gotta love gettin screwed by the long dick of the law

How did you get screwed? You got what you asked for.

AirborneVet
11-12-09, 09:00 PM
How did you get screwed? You got what you asked for.

I second this. Paying the price for reckless disregard of the law is not getting "screwed".

Getting "screwed" is what happened to a few people involved in a speed related accident while I was at Ft. Bragg. A soldier was ignoring the speed limit and thought he had enough speed to carry him through a changing traffic light. He struck 2 vehicles, killing a young mother and her newborn, as well as killing a recently retired 1SG as he was riding home on his retirement gift (a new Harley-Davidson).

az2k1
11-12-09, 09:41 PM
just trash it.......

Mr. Austin
11-12-09, 11:13 PM
just trash it.......

Hahahaaha

Jodaddy
11-12-09, 11:51 PM
just trash it.......

easier said then done

wickedcobra
11-12-09, 11:57 PM
Trash it then get pulled over again and see how that one goes!!:bananabang:

05mustangman
11-13-09, 12:20 AM
you know its easy for people to say slow down. but i know most of you who say slow down dont ALWAYS drive exactly the speed limit at all times. especially in the cars that we drive. it is also easier said than done to drive the speed limit when you just have the urge to put your foot into the pedal. and driving just 10 over on a freeway is not what i would call reckless. it is 75 on the 10 in goodyear and buckeye and its not different driving there than on the 101. so going 75 is not rediculous at all. the cops are always out profiling high performance cars especailly mustangs. i see it all the time. cops will just get behind me and follow me for a good 10 minutes just because they can. as long as we all drive exactly the speed limit and follow every single law, we are just letting the government push us around like they do every other apect of our lives.

AZSonicSnake
11-13-09, 11:40 AM
doh! i have forgotten about those stupid cameras a few times, and have managed to get lucky both times i guess. never got anything. i sure hate those things, as both times i was flowin with traffic. and 75-80 is about what everyone here does. so its not like you were being wreckless or anything...

AirborneVet
11-13-09, 09:29 PM
you know its easy for people to say slow down. but i know most of you who say slow down dont ALWAYS drive exactly the speed limit at all times. especially in the cars that we drive. it is also easier said than done to drive the speed limit when you just have the urge to put your foot into the pedal. and driving just 10 over on a freeway is not what i would call reckless. it is 75 on the 10 in goodyear and buckeye and its not different driving there than on the 101. so going 75 is not rediculous at all. the cops are always out profiling high performance cars especailly mustangs. i see it all the time. cops will just get behind me and follow me for a good 10 minutes just because they can. as long as we all drive exactly the speed limit and follow every single law, we are just letting the government push us around like they do every other apect of our lives.

Well, I'm no angel when it comes to driving, and I even pointed that out in a previous post, but I don't get on the internet and complain that I got a ticket while breaking the law. What is someone supposed to expect? I understand being pissed when you get a ticket, but why would you be suprised? And even more important, why would you be pissed at a police officer for doing his job? Pissed at getting caught is the more appropriate response, as it wasn't the officer's "urge" that made anyone speed in the first place - it was the driver's "urge".

As far as what you (or anybody else for that matter) considers reckless, I for the most part agree with your assessment about 10 over on the freeway. It's what most everyone else drives anyway and I agree that going with the flow of traffic is probably safer than getting in the way at 10 less than everyone else. BUT, the problem with this line of thinking is that the law is not written on what just you or I consider is reckless, and the law doesn't allow for us to make spot decisions on when it is OK or not to break it. If you choose to go 10 over, whether reckless or not, you are also choosing to take the risk of having to pay a fine for it. Don't blame anyone else but yourself if you get caught.

And yes, they profile, I won't disagree with that. But they don't pull you over for driving a Mustang, they pull you over for speeding (or whatever other infraction). Who cares if they follow you for 10 minutes. Following the law is not letting the government "push us around". We voted the asshats in office that make the laws what they are. And even if speed limits were oppressive (and I really don't think they are, in this case anyway), I don't think that getting a ticket and having to pay a fine is an effective way of "PUTTING IT TO THE MAN"!

Mr. Austin
11-14-09, 12:18 AM
Well, I'm no angel when it comes to driving, and I even pointed that out in a previous post, but I don't get on the internet and complain that I got a ticket while breaking the law. What is someone supposed to expect? I understand being pissed when you get a ticket, but why would you be suprised? And even more important, why would you be pissed at a police officer for doing his job? Pissed at getting caught is the more appropriate response, as it wasn't the officer's "urge" that made anyone speed in the first place - it was the driver's "urge".

As far as what you (or anybody else for that matter) considers reckless, I for the most part agree with your assessment about 10 over on the freeway. It's what most everyone else drives anyway and I agree that going with the flow of traffic is probably safer than getting in the way at 10 less than everyone else. BUT, the problem with this line of thinking is that the law is not written on what just you or I consider is reckless, and the law doesn't allow for us to make spot decisions on when it is OK or not to break it. If you choose to go 10 over, whether reckless or not, you are also choosing to take the risk of having to pay a fine for it. Don't blame anyone else but yourself if you get caught.

And yes, they profile, I won't disagree with that. But they don't pull you over for driving a Mustang, they pull you over for speeding (or whatever other infraction). Who cares if they follow you for 10 minutes. Following the law is not letting the government "push us around". We voted the asshats in office that make the laws what they are. And even if speed limits were oppressive (and I really don't think they are, in this case anyway), I don't think that getting a ticket and having to pay a fine is an effective way of "PUTTING IT TO THE MAN"!
AMEN!!!:woot1:

jtleng
11-14-09, 08:28 AM

Rev'n Kevin
11-14-09, 06:50 PM

RockysMom
11-14-09, 10:25 PM

Torchmach
11-14-09, 11:35 PM
I have some serious issues with Photo radar, based on civil, and Constitutional Rights (We are suppose to have the right to face our accuser!).

There are a a lot of numb nuts out there, yaking on thier cell phones, while doing the speed limit, who have to slow down 10 mph below the speed limit, to pass the camera's (even though the won't record you unless you are going 10 mph over the limit). IMO the best thing to do is keep distractions to a minumium, pay close attention to what is going on around you, and support efforts to have photo camera's banned as an infringment on out rights.

dsgtang
11-16-09, 10:34 AM
I totally agree with you. the 101 is just as bad and so is the 17. at least all your tickets were cheap. I got a 300 dollar ticket for running a stop sign I didnt run. female cops hate other females with nice cars... or other females in general... anyways I just say slow down and stop completely. unless of course your on a mustang run, in which case do 120 :biglaugh:

Try going 20 or more over and see how fast they take your car, they call it felony speed.

And for all you telling us to slow down, how about this, in the 55 zone of I-10 if your doing the speed limit your going to get your ass run over by everybody, I've done 65 thru that section and still had cars passing me like I was standing still. If you drive the speed limit in this town, your gonna get them riding your bumper or zooming by flipping you off.

Now most of the time I drive the posted speed limit or 2 or 3 over, here's the latest crap I put up with, these driver's doing the speed limit in front of me, let's say 65 on the 101 and they see the cameras and slow to 60 0r 55, com'n what's up with this crap they're going to cause an accident, by break checking in the camera zones, they wern't even speeding and they slow to below the speed limit.

dsgtang
11-16-09, 10:35 AM
in az. they are gone this january I think

I have some serious issues with Photo radar, based on civil, and Constitutional Rights (We are suppose to have the right to face our accuser!).

There are a a lot of numb nuts out there, yaking on thier cell phones, while doing the speed limit, who have to slow down 10 mph below the speed limit, to pass the camera's (even though the won't record you unless you are going 10 mph over the limit). IMO the best thing to do is keep distractions to a minumium, pay close attention to what is going on around you, and support efforts to have photo camera's banned as an infringment on out rights.

Mr. Austin
11-16-09, 02:10 PM
really?!!!

IMSHAKN
11-16-09, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry, but if you are dumb enough to blow through a speed camera that has TWO warnings posted, then you are NOT paying attention to the road as you should be. You deserve the ticket. It's like the people who will make a last minute dash for the exit on the freeway because they were not paying attention to the signs and don't want to miss their exit. While I understand you are trying to vent your frustration a bit, you'd think that after one you'd have learned to be more alert while driving.

And as far as police officers profiling performance vehicles can you blame them? There are a number of things that different groups of vehicles are profiled for. Things like loud exhaust or vanity plates are going to draw attention to ya. Vanity plates especially as those with them tend to be more aggressive drivers. Hell, some officers are not big on pulling over performance vehicles because studies and experiences of many officers show that this category is much more likely to have a weapon in the car.

I don't understand how people get nailed with those photo tickets... :uhh:

dsgtang
11-16-09, 08:56 PM
lol I love my vanity plate hahaha:pinkthumb:

I'm sorry, but if you are dumb enough to blow through a speed camera that has TWO warnings posted, then you are NOT paying attention to the road as you should be. You deserve the ticket. It's like the people who will make a last minute dash for the exit on the freeway because they were not paying attention to the signs and don't want to miss their exit. While I understand you are trying to vent your frustration a bit, you'd think that after one you'd have learned to be more alert while driving.

And as far as police officers profiling performance vehicles can you blame them? There are a number of things that different groups of vehicles are profiled for. Things like loud exhaust or vanity plates are going to draw attention to ya. Vanity plates especially as those with them tend to be more aggressive drivers. Hell, some officers are not big on pulling over performance vehicles because studies and experiences of many officers show that this category is much more likely to have a weapon in the car.

I don't understand how people get nailed with those photo tickets... :uhh:

05mustangman
11-17-09, 12:30 AM
well i drove by a photo radar today on the 10 heading west near the avondale exit. there was only one sign about 100 feet in front of the vehicle. thats it. now that is not fair. and yes people can miss the photo radars because they are not exactly looking out for cameras to be taking pictures of them while their driving. they are more focused on the traffic rather than looking around every 300 feet to make sure theres no photo units around. yea people should be paying attention but people are always complaining of distractions while your driving. and thats exactly what the photo radar is is a distraction. like stated before people feel like they need to slow down to 10 below the speed limit and that is a bigger risk at causing an accident then going 10 over the speed limit.

Rick Shopmier
11-17-09, 10:08 AM
YADA, YADA, YADA! I have been reading all the posts......some are great some are b.s. The fact is if you are going to break the law....expect to pay judge. Now for reality, I like fast cars, I drive fast, and a I have lots of experience at driving. I have been a professional test driver, raced with SCCA long before most of you were born and am still active in performance driving when in a closed environment. Rule of driving...when on the open roads you are in traffic with other drivers...all with a different mission, some not focused and some flat out distracted. On a race track all are on the same mission and focused...and if you are driving like an idiot you won't be out there long. If you are treating open roads like a race track...."YOU ARE AN IDIOT!" Most people that own high performance cars have had little to no training to understand the limits of the car....and drifting around a traffic circle is not a closed environment. "IF YOU ARE GONNA PLAY....BE READY TO PAY!" Why not pay Bondurant or better yet go to the Ford Racing School at Miller Motorsports, or even get involved with SCCA. Then join Proautosports/ASA and get some real track time.....then you can laugh at the Jackasses on the roads like I do.
My record....photo radar "0".

wickedcobra
11-17-09, 01:54 PM
I'd be okay with the photo radar if it were actually saving peoples lives instead of a revenue generator for the state.

Jodaddy
11-17-09, 04:51 PM
Wow look what i started! And by any means im not complaining about the ticket just getting it out of my system. Im ok with the ticket i mean i was speeding ill pay for it, i just think its a little annoying that im moving with the flow of traffic and i get scoped out. But o well nothing i can do just lower my band account another 172$ and give the cop a good laugh when we read my license plate.

trucker
11-17-09, 10:53 PM
Jodaddy
if you got nailed by radar and a real officer it is at his discretion on how fast to write you for if its photo radar then it triggers at 11 over the limit...
I'll be polite now SLOW THE @#$% DOWN

Jodaddy
11-17-09, 10:58 PM
No i just got nailed by an officer posting up in the dark gravel heading west on the 101 by 75th ave, no camera's! But i guess i do need to slow down........a little :biglaugh:

ChuckD
11-18-09, 10:03 AM
I'd be okay with the photo radar if it were actually saving peoples lives instead of a revenue generator for the state.
It would be like me coming up to your car with a bat and beating the heck out of it. You would want me to pay for it because it was wrong for what I did. I would tell you that I am not ok for paying for it because your car is not saving lives, it is a revenue generator for Ford. Fact is people want to bitch and complain about the illegals and whatnot. But when they do something wrong its total bs. I drive that section of 10 and I go 55 and if someone wants to pass me then so be it. If they want to ride my butt, I give them a shot of smoke and they move. This bs about a van being x amount of feet on the other side of the sign isn't fair??? Law is at the point of the sign you are to be going that speed limit. You are given the benifit of the doubt that you can read, and read from a distance. I know sometimes it happens, but suck it up move on.

Mr. Austin
11-18-09, 10:48 AM
And when they come to serve you hide behind the couch with all the lights off!

Jodaddy
11-21-09, 01:01 AM
Anyways i finally paid the damn thing, hopefully thats the last of them!
Anyone know of a good radar detector?

Jodaddy
11-21-09, 01:02 AM
Jodaddy
if you got nailed by radar and a real officer it is at his discretion on how fast to write you for if its photo radar then it triggers at 11 over the limit...
I'll be polite now SLOW THE @#$% DOWN

Smart ass comment coming from Kermit the frog!

trucker
11-21-09, 01:47 AM
To Bad You Can't Smell Miss Piggy
ps when you collect enuff points they let you pick a prize
off the table at the policemans ball

RockysMom
11-21-09, 09:15 AM
Ok My Turn, I feel they are bad due to the fact they do not see what really happens to cause someone to speed, IE: Road rage, Trying to get away from someone trying to hurt them or run them off the road. Or trying to avoid a potential accident and having to speed up to avoid the traffic coming up the rear (which happened to me and the camera caught me, I faught it and won) There is legit reasons and there are stupid reasons, I think they should get rid of the damn cameras and hire police officers who will do thier jobs and see what really happened. And, The idiot that almost killed me three months ago was on her damn cell phone and changing lanes without signalling nor looking, I was trying to avoid being killed. I think she should have been thrown in Jail for Reckless Driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RockysMom
11-21-09, 09:17 AM
Anyways i finally paid the damn thing, hopefully thats the last of them!
Anyone know of a good radar detector?
Go too http://www.delonixradar.com.au/speed-cameras/ and they have good ones that will detect the cameras, If you dont see the signs its a back up to let you know to slow ya roll......

jtleng
11-21-09, 10:06 AM
It would be like me coming up to your car with a bat and beating the heck out of it. what the hell does this have to do with speed cameras and poorly staged camera vans? If someone beat my car with a bat they wouldn't have the chance to pay for it. You made the choice to beat the car, not an electronic device staged in obvious deceitful locations.
Maybe next they have road spikes launched out of the side of the vans for people going 10 MPH over, better yet they should have this for people going 10 MPH under, LOL
You would want me to pay for it because it was wrong for what I did. I would tell you that I am not ok for paying for it because your car is not saving lives,
it is a revenue generator for Ford.Yes it is but how can you compare buying a car from ford and enjoying your purchase for years to come or donatiing to a poorly managed slush fund which we have no benefit from.

Our local government is talking about laying off hundreds of our school teachers, fire fighters and paramedics because their broke. The traffic cameras are a cash cow for the local government to make up for their poor financial management skills at the expense of the people. "Double Taxation??" and now want to raise our taxes again when they can't even manage the tax money we pay them now, they will find another way and not one penny of the traffic cameras slush fund will go to keeping our school teachers, fire fighters and paramedics employed.

Fact is people want to bitch and complain about the illegals and whatnot. But when they do something wrong its total BS. I drive that section of I10 and I go 55 and if someone wants to pass me then so be it. If they want to ride my butt, I give them a shot of smoke and they move. This BS about a van being x amount of feet on the other side of the sign isn't fair??? So what you are saying is your doing the speed limit at 65 MPH and there a speed limit change to 55 and there is a van 100 ft away from the 55 MPH sign you have a reasonable amount of time to reduce you speed by ten MPH with everybody on your butt. this is dangerous and BS.

Law is at the point of the sign you are to be going that speed limit.
You are given the benefit of the doubt that you can read, and read from a distance. I know sometimes it happens, but suck it up move on

Section 2B-12 of the manual states:
Speed limit signs should be located at the points of change from one speed limit to another or as near there to as possible.
a speed limit sign showing the next speed limit shall be erected. Additional signs shall be installed beyond major intersections and other locations where it is necessary to remind motorists of the limit that is applicable.

This is the law and in the case on I10 that was mentioned earlier this was not the case. They shouldn't have the Cameras 100 ft from the first sign indicating a speed change."speed trap" and dangerous.

:biglaugh:

.[/QUOTE]

It would be like me coming up to your car with a bat and beating the heck out of it. You would want me to pay for it because it was wrong for what I did. I would tell you that I am not ok for paying for it because your car is not saving lives, it is a revenue generator for Ford. Fact is people want to bitch and complain about the illegals and whatnot. But when they do something wrong its total bs. I drive that section of 10 and I go 55 and if someone wants to pass me then so be it. If they want to ride my butt, I give them a shot of smoke and they move. This bs about a van being x amount of feet on the other side of the sign isn't fair??? Law is at the point of the sign you are to be going that speed limit. You are given the benifit of the doubt that you can read, and read from a distance. I know sometimes it happens, but suck it up move on.

AirborneVet
11-21-09, 12:39 PM
it would be like me coming up to your car with a bat and beating the heck out of it. what the hell does this have to do with speed cameras and poorly staged camera vans? If someone beat my car with a bat they wouldn't have the chance to pay for it.you made the choice to beat the car, not an electronic device staged in obvious deceitful locations.
maybe next they have road spikes launched out of the side of the vans for people going 10 mph over, better yet they should have this for people going 10 mph under, lol
you would want me to pay for it because it was wrong for what i did. I would tell you that i am not ok for paying for it because your car is not saving lives,
it is a revenue generator for ford.yes it is but how can you compare buying a car from ford and enjoying your purchase for years to come or donatiing to a poorly managed slush fund which we have no benefit from.

our local government is talking about laying off hundreds of our school teachers, fire fighters and paramedics because their broke. The traffic cameras are a cash cow for the local government to make up for their poor financial management skills at the expense of the people. "double taxation??" and now want to raise our taxes again when they can't even manage the tax money we pay them now, they will find another way and not one penny of the traffic cameras slush fund will go to keeping our school teachers, fire fighters and paramedics employed.

fact is people want to bitch and complain about the illegals and whatnot. But when they do something wrong its total bs. I drive that section of i10 and i go 55 and if someone wants to pass me then so be it.if they want to ride my butt, i give them a shot of smoke and they move. this bs about a van being x amount of feet on the other side of the sign isn't fair??? so what you are saying is your doing the speed limit at 65 mph and there a speed limit change to 55 and there is a van 100 ft away from the 55 mph sign you have a reasonable amount of time to reduce you speed by ten mph with everybody on your butt. This is dangerous and bs.

law is at the point of the sign you are to be going that speed limit.
you are given the benefit of the doubt that you can read, and read from a distance. I know sometimes it happens, but suck it up move on

section 2b-12 of the manual states:
speed limit signs should be located at the points of change from one speed limit to another or as near there to as possible.
a speed limit sign showing the next speed limit shall be erected. additional signs shall be installed beyond major intersections and other locations where it is necessary to remind motorists of the limit that is applicable.

this is the law and in the case on i10 that was mentioned earlier this was not the case. They shouldn't have the cameras 100 ft from the first sign indicating a speed change."speed trap" and dangerous.

.[/quote]

jtleng
11-21-09, 06:24 PM
http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3753&d=1258831911
:biglaugh:LMAO

Jodaddy
11-22-09, 12:39 AM
wow that shits great!:biglaugh:

ChuckD
11-22-09, 10:00 AM
It would be like me coming up to your car with a bat and beating the heck out of it. what the hell does this have to do with speed cameras and poorly staged camera vans? If someone beat my car with a bat they wouldn't have the chance to pay for it.You made the choice to beat the car, not an electronic device staged in obvious deceitful locations.
Maybe next they have road spikes launched out of the side of the vans for people going 10 MPH over, better yet they should have this for people going 10 MPH under, LOL
You would want me to pay for it because it was wrong for what I did. I would tell you that I am not ok for paying for it because your car is not saving lives,
it is a revenue generator for Ford.Yes it is but how can you compare buying a car from ford and enjoying your purchase for years to come or donatiing to a poorly managed slush fund which we have no benefit from.

Our local government is talking about laying off hundreds of our school teachers, fire fighters and paramedics because their broke. The traffic cameras are a cash cow for the local government to make up for their poor financial management skills at the expense of the people. "Double Taxation??" and now want to raise our taxes again when they can't even manage the tax money we pay them now, they will find another way and not one penny of the traffic cameras slush fund will go to keeping our school teachers, fire fighters and paramedics employed.

Fact is people want to bitch and complain about the illegals and whatnot. But when they do something wrong its total BS. I drive that section of I10 and I go 55 and if someone wants to pass me then so be it.If they want to ride my butt, I give them a shot of smoke and they move. This BS about a van being x amount of feet on the other side of the sign isn't fair??? So what you are saying is your doing the speed limit at 65 MPH and there a speed limit change to 55 and there is a van 100 ft away from the 55 MPH sign you have a reasonable amount of time to reduce you speed by ten MPH with everybody on your butt. this is dangerous and BS.

Law is at the point of the sign you are to be going that speed limit.
You are given the benefit of the doubt that you can read, and read from a distance. I know sometimes it happens, but suck it up move on

Section 2B-12 of the manual states:
Speed limit signs should be located at the points of change from one speed limit to another or as near there to as possible.
a speed limit sign showing the next speed limit shall be erected. Additional signs shall be installed beyond major intersections and other locations where it is necessary to remind motorists of the limit that is applicable.

This is the law and in the case on I10 that was mentioned earlier this was not the case. They shouldn't have the Cameras 100 ft from the first sign indicating a speed change."speed trap" and dangerous.

.[/QUOTE]

Its called moral responsibility. You made the obvious choice to speed. The camera didn't say go ahead and speed its ok. Everybody wants to bitch because someone else is breaking the law, but don't want to take responsibility for their own actions. Camera on state roads go to the state and cameras on city roads go to the city. And the next speed limit is at the point of the sign. If the sign states 55 mph and your going 65 when you pass then you are speeding. Cameras are set up to go off at 11 mph over and no there is no officer discretion its just pure plain and simple speeding or not. Since people seem to gripe and complain about the speed cameras being a cash cow, don't speed and feed the damn thing.

Rick Shopmier
11-22-09, 10:32 AM
Chuck, you said right! The voice of reason here......be "mature". The money you piss away can buy some nice stuff....

Mr. Austin
11-22-09, 10:51 AM
Like chrome to make your car 10 Hp faster!

jtleng
11-23-09, 11:18 AM
Its called moral responsibility. You made the obvious choice to speed. The camera didn't say go ahead and speed its OK. Everybody wants to bitch because someone else is breaking the law, but don't want to take responsibility for their own actions. Camera on state roads go to the state and cameras on city roads go to the city. And the next speed limit is at the point of the sign. If the sign states 55 mph and your going 65 when you pass then you are speeding. Cameras are set up to go off at 11 mph over and no there is no officer discretion its just pure plain and simple speeding or not. Since people seem to gripe and complain about the speed cameras being a cash cow, don't speed and feed the damn thing.[/QUOTE]

Your absolutely correct don't speed but there are circumstances that are setup by the Local government to deceitfully take money from hard working tax payers.

My point was the "City and State" governments are stretching the law in order to take money from the majority Not the "PERFECT".

The problem with the cameras is in some cases were the speed limit changes from 65 down to 55 and the cameras are purposely set up at these points because of their location knowing there is a great chance to catch people that did not see the change or have a chance to slow down in time because the flow of traffic is on their butt.

All the other cameras that do not fall in this area I have no problem with, "cameras in intersections for red light runners and speeders" other then It would be more beneficial to everybody to see our tax money paying salaries to human officers whom can also help protect the community.

Don't get me wrong, I agree there does need to be fair and reasonable laws in place to protect the people and the American way of life.

They get away with these speed traps because the Perfect people say everybody else is just whining and nothing is ever done about it.
Unless the people stand up for whats right this and other situations will continue to get out of hand in every aspect of our so called American freedom

I like most people drive with the flow of traffic and am not one of the perfect people and don't want to be, life's to short. I have so far been fortunate enough not to have been part of the majority getting flashed and donating to the slush fund and hopefully you wont have a bad day and end up donating.

I know this may sounds extreme and this is only about stupid cameras and speeding but it all ads up. At $200 a pop it adds up quickly, :biglaugh:

Chuck, I respect your opinion,
BUT:deadhorse:

ChuckD
11-23-09, 11:39 AM
Not saying I am perfect, just going by what works for me. I drive a 97 F350 Powerstroke. For best fuel economy its best to keep it under 70 then I can attain a 20+ mpg average. While fuel is ever climbing near the $3 a gallon mark, not only does this make sense to keep coins in my pocket, it keeps my chances of getting a ticket down therefor keeping more coins in my pocket. Not getting a ticket will also mean my insurance will not go up, therefor more coins in my pocket. Being on a disibility I got to do everything I can to keep what I have. I agree that placement of speed zones are a little out of wack, ie in Surprise (Cactus Rd) in a populated area the speed limit is 45 mph, keep going west were there is nothing and the speed limit is 35 mph. Makes no sense. Scan your areas, pay attention, and be vigialant (sp). A judge will not dismiss the charge if your defense is "I was going with the flow of traffic".

Jodaddy
11-23-09, 12:16 PM
hey i know i was speeding and i dont have a problem paying for it. But whats all the talk about camera's? I got caught by an officer. Not a camera...

jtleng
11-23-09, 12:22 PM
Not saying I am perfect, just going by what works for me. I drive a 97 F350 Powerstroke. For best fuel economy its best to keep it under 70 then I can attain a 20+ mpg average. While fuel is ever climbing near the $3 a gallon mark, not only does this make sense to keep coins in my pocket, it keeps my chances of getting a ticket down therefor keeping more coins in my pocket. Not getting a ticket will also mean my insurance will not go up, therefor more coins in my pocket. Being on a disibility I got to do everything I can to keep what I have. I agree that placement of speed zones are a little out of wack, ie in Surprise (Cactus Rd) in a populated area the speed limit is 45 mph, keep going west were there is nothing and the speed limit is 35 mph. Makes no sense. Scan your areas, pay attention, and be vigialant (sp). A judge will not dismiss the charge if your defense is "I was going with the flow of traffic".

Very well put, Agreed but the some of these cameras need to be elimated and the people placing them need to be held accountable when they are not safe or justified.:twothumbsup:

ChuckD
11-23-09, 01:11 PM
But whats all the talk about camera's? I got caught by an officer.
Cause its a best seller on TV.:laughing:

Jodaddy
11-23-09, 01:26 PM
Haha god i love speeding tickets and smart ass comments from mustang owners! Man, what would i do without u guys? Drive a civic? Or kill myself...Both are very close in comparison.

jtleng
11-23-09, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jodaddy http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/bluestyle/bluebuttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=69488#post69488)
But whats all the talk about camera's? I got caught by an officer.

Cause its a best seller on TV.:laughing:

OH, OK, Nevermind,
:z7shysterical:

Mr. Austin
11-30-09, 10:46 AM
wow this thread just died all of a sudden.:deadthread:

ChuckD
11-30-09, 02:40 PM
We are waiting on Jodaddy to get another ticket.

05mustangman
11-30-09, 03:19 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :biglaugh:

Mr. Austin
11-30-09, 04:00 PM
We are waiting on Jodaddy to get another ticket.

:rollingfloorrlol: :rollingfloorrlol: :laufhing: :laufhing: :rofl: :rofl: :woot2: :woot2: :chase:

scottman70
12-04-09, 10:38 PM
So what's the story on these photo radar tickets? I hear tons of people do

not pay them? Anyone know the details regarding these photo radar tickets

and the ramifications to not paying these tickets? I was listening to talk

radio the other day and they were saying don't ever pay them?

Mr. Austin
12-05-09, 04:51 PM
Ya. Dont pay till you get served. they have so many tickets piled up they cant serve all of them. So they pick a few. If you do it is like 20 bucks more but i rather pay 20 bucks and try to not pay anything then pay it and be able to get away with it. plus untill you get served you can act like you never got it. :) p.s. I havent tried any of these. (Sarcasm) :P

diehard
12-06-09, 01:23 PM
Haha god i love speeding tickets and smart ass comments from mustang owners! Man, what would i do without u guys? Drive a civic? Or kill myself...Both are very close in comparison.

Speaking of camera's... I would use those speed camera's as a defense to beat your 10 over speeding ticket. The defense is.... The camera's have established that it is okay to break the speed limit by at least 10mph, so the State has effectivitly established that they will allow you to break the speed limit by at least 10mph before they site you. Obviously there is a little more legal speak to it, but that is the general idea, you were merely following the speed standard that has been set by your State government. Good luck!

BurnTire
12-06-09, 01:58 PM
Diehard Returns. :woot1:

diehard
12-06-09, 02:32 PM
Diehard Returns. :woot1:

Just for you my friend. It was great seeing you, and the wife again. Glad all is well, and that car has come along way since you first ever handed me my ass, and then were kind enough to give me a ride. Your a class act! I blew the tires off in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ran a 15 @ 119. It was funny shit but pissed me off so I went to the casino. lol

BurnTire
12-06-09, 02:40 PM
Just for you my friend. It was great seeing you, and the wife again. Glad all is well, and that car has come along way since you first ever handed me my ass, and then were kind enough to give me a ride. Your a class act! I blew the tires off in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ran a 15 @ 119. It was funny shit but pissed me off so I went to the casino. lol Ahh thats why you didn't answer the phone. LOL
Lets put some sticky tires on that bad boy. I will even volunteer to test them out for you. :hyper:

diehard
12-06-09, 02:47 PM
She has a best time of 11.3 on Mickey T drag radials, so she will get slicks one day. You can drive her anytime, but why you would want to go slow, I have no idea. lol

BurnTire
12-06-09, 05:39 PM
She has a best time of 11.3 on Mickey T drag radials, so she will get slicks one day. You can drive her anytime, but why you would want to go slow, I have no idea. lol I leak beating cars other than my own. I took Fazm's turbo 05 6 speed down the track one time and didn't even break it.:woot2:

Jodaddy
12-06-09, 07:27 PM
when did u guys go to the track? i gotta get some runs outa my system to avoid another ticket!:pinkthumb:

BurnTire
12-06-09, 07:55 PM
We went this past Friday.

Jodaddy
12-18-09, 02:20 PM
soooo........i still havent mailed it out yet...haha :biglaugh:

jtleng
12-18-09, 06:22 PM
soooo........i still havent mailed it out yet...haha :biglaugh:

:chase: :takepic: :blkstang: :copcar: :spank::rollingfloorrlol: