PDA

View Full Version : mustang shop

mike72mach1
11-15-09, 01:58 PM
sorry if i posted this already. i'm new to this.
i have a 72 mach 1 that needs some rust/body work and paint.
also a leak where the shift lever enters the trans.
the mustang service center of az in glendale was listed in mustang monthly. they work on mustang 64-73. has anyone had any work done by these guys?
thanks,

JoeT
11-16-09, 09:48 AM
They installed a front and rear spoiler, fixed my drivers seat, fixed the bushings on my console shifter. That's all they did for me. Nothing mechanical. They were all very nice and seemed fair in pricing.

I dont have any idea about the skill they have for rust/body work and paint, but I saw a few cars they had personally and from that it looked like great work.
Its tough to give recommendations on any shop, Id say be sure anything you do get in writing, understand exactly what you will pay and be sure to understand what your expected results will be.
I can say if your Mach has original paint on the car that you will need to remove all that paint if you go with a Base Coat clear coat. That can add a few thousand to the job.
Quotes on mine have been between 6000-8500 and I have no rust.

mike72mach1
11-16-09, 11:45 AM
thanks Joe.
the paint is not original. i was told the car was painted about 6 years ago. there is some rust (bubbling paint) on the rear wheel ares. also some clear coat bubbling. some dents where the car was hit by a little gril on a bike. argh. it wont be until spring when i can get the work done.
Mike

Mr. Austin
11-16-09, 02:16 PM
hit by girl on bike.
Mike

OUCH
:bite::hissyfit::bitchslap::bitchslap:

pomona
12-18-10, 11:45 AM
Hi
I am also looking for a vehicle painter in the Phx area can anyone help out i have four cars all need paint

DSALEEN
12-18-10, 12:48 PM
You want the best to the top painter restoration ,,pinstriping airbrush, and collision.http://www.luckylcustom.com/You will not be dissapointed.19th ave south of peoria address is on his site .Lucky did the fuul paint on my saleen extreme thats for sale and my diesel truck.

JoeT
12-20-10, 08:10 AM
Ya I know about Lucky Luciano's soon as I win the lottery Ill go there. Ive seen his work he is very good!

Rick Shopmier
12-20-10, 09:25 AM
I would check out Joe Reitz at Reitz Restorations, he has done paint work on my car and it came out perfect (paint is 17 years old on my 66). Joe knows Mustangs and works on early and late cars (has been doing a lot of hail repair for our club members). You can go to his shop at any time and see cars in restoration and repair. Joe put in a new windshield for me last Friday, there was a little surface rust under the seal that he fixed and primed, used a US made rubber seal and Mastik sealant. Joe is a member of Wild West Mustangs, we do our tech days at his shop monthy and he does a lot of free work for us. You should at least check him out. As a note, a fellow Mustang owner went to the Mustang Service Center for 66 quarter windows, the job was poorly done, and he had to make repairs to their work when he got home...I don't recommend them.

Rick Shopmier
12-20-10, 09:29 AM
One more thing.....does mechanical work too, but paint and body is his specialty. His prices are reasonable.

AZSaleen04
12-22-10, 01:19 PM
You can try Drew Brothers Custom as they are restoring a 70 Chevelle for me right now and I've seen their work is great. They have several restorations of old cars being done right now.
http://www.drewbrotherscustoms.com/home.php

TotallyKarma
06-16-11, 09:22 PM
Any other advice in this area? I also need a paint job really bad! I am on a fairly tight budget for this though. This is a daily driver and now that my job requires me to be in the car alot I have to get rid of the primer look and go more professional hehe. We were thinking of going with a basic black to keep it simple and hopefully more affordable : ) Thanks for any help!

Nucworker
06-16-11, 10:43 PM
Karma,
Just so you know, black is one of the hardest colors to paint. Any and every imperfection will show. If the body work is not good, the shop bill will not be cheap.

JoeT
06-17-11, 01:32 AM
I agree with Nucworker, black is the toughest color to make perfect, also it is a absolute bitch to keep clean.

Opinions are like ass, well you know what comes next. :wave:
Anyway, I can highly recommend only one painter and I would greatly appreciate it if you would tell Ron that Joe Tokoph referred you. Ron at STARR Collision and Restoration at 3131 N. 31st Avenue hes about a block and a half north of Thomas on 31st avenue, hes right across the street from UPS warehouse. 602.672.9830

So far hes painted my front custom chin spoiler, my side window scoops, and my custom rear ducktail spoiler from CDC and installed it all which required drilling a lot, total cost 400 bucks!! Looks absolutely factory to the car and is as smooth as glass. He also painted Andy Sievers Roush convertible which is a tough color and it matches perfectly, he did the front spoiler and the rear spoiler for Andy and Andy is thrilled. Ron is also currently painting John Valencias yellow Mustang doing 2 new custom front fenders and the hood, we will see tomorrow what that looks like when we pick it up but I have no doubt it will look perfect. Ron is very old school, and is a massive car enthusiast although hes a big Mopar freak.

I'm tooting this guys horn because hes also going to paint supersnake stripes on my GT for the same price it costs to have the tape decals installed!! So because of the fairness from Ron on his prices I try to help in every way to send people to him. I have ZERO to do with this guys shop beyond the fact that I was looking for a good deal and quality work when I started customizing my GT.
I was quoted double the price elsewhere. Ron's not looking to get rich he just wants to pay the bills. Very nice guy. Id recommend him to any of you car guys that might read this, when you go to his shop and see some of his work he will be painting for you too!!

For the record I'm one picky SOB when it comes to my cars, almost insanely. HUH Dennis!! :z7shysterical:

TotallyKarma
06-17-11, 08:44 AM
Wow great info! That's a bummer about black.... There is other reasons it's going to be black so that's not very flexible. But good to know it really needs an expert touch. I have never had a car painted before so this is kind of a big scary deal lol. Great info joeT! That is exactly what I'm looking for! I love to do business with good people! I will give him a call and see if I can afford him! I will definately let him know you referred and said great things about him and his work!

TotallyKarma
06-17-11, 08:50 AM
Any other possible local guys I might be able to afford? Thanks again! Any advise you can give to get this pony on the road and looking professional would be amazing and greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

GRAYDAY17
02-08-12, 10:12 AM
hi
i am also looking for a vehicle painter in the phx area can anyone help out i have four cars all need paint

hey look in the new member section at my 67. A man name mr carol at evit school in mesa painted mine nice job very cheap