PDA

View Full Version : 05 Convertable window problems

dsgtang
11-15-09, 10:18 PM
So I was wondering if anyone here has any problems with their convertable windows going back up before they close the door. naturally when you open the door of the car on a vert' the window goes down some to break the seal between the convertable top and the door. well sometimes my window goes back up and if im not careful I will chatter the window.

Any suggestions?

OH3MGSVT
11-15-09, 10:58 PM
I think you have the same problem I have on my 2000 gt vert. Window catches on the top when the window is rolled all the way up and have to crack down the window in order for it not to catch. Is that what your talking about?

jtleng
11-16-09, 08:02 AM
Try this,
with the door shut, turn key on roll the window all the way down and hold down switch for 2 seconds then all the way up and hold switch for 2 seconds, turn key off open door. this should reset the window.

So I was wondering if anyone here has any problems with their convertable windows going back up before they close the door. naturally when you open the door of the car on a vert' the window goes down some to break the seal between the convertable top and the door. well sometimes my window goes back up and if im not careful I will chatter the window.

Any suggestions?

dsgtang
11-16-09, 08:23 AM
Kind of similar. when I pull the door handle my window will automatically go down about half an inch and when I close the door the window will go back up that half an inch to re-seal the door so rain or dust doesnt get into the car. Often before I have a chance to close the door the window goes back up. then if I dont notice it I could accidentally close the door and break the window... I find myself often running out of the car as fast as I can to get the door shut before the window goes back up. Its frustrating and my warranty is up!

I will try the reseting today to see what happens! hope for the best.

I think you have the same problem I have on my 2000 gt vert. Window catches on the top when the window is rolled all the way up and have to crack down the window in order for it not to catch. Is that what your talking about?