PDA

View Full Version : Starter solenoid issue

brokedown84
11-24-09, 04:34 PM
I have a 84 gt350 5.0 Carb.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I have went through about 6 starter solenoids. I have replaced the starter, ign coil, plugs, wires, battery battery cables.

The car will start up and drive but then when i go to start it the next day it doesnt want to start, then when im just about to give up the starter catches and i pull the key out of the ign and it is still trying to crank. Then i run to disconnect the battery and that of course stops it from trying to crank. Next attempt to crank, the car does nothing, this has happend several times and if i put a new starter solenoid on it, it will crank right up. It did this same thing before i replaced the starter this last week, and the battery......Any ideas....Some people are telling me it sounds like its grounding out, but i have checked and all seems fine............

brokedown84
11-24-09, 04:35 PM
thinking of replacing the ign switch next......

BurnTire
11-25-09, 06:51 AM
Get a wiring diagram and start checking all the connections and wiring related to the circuit. Get out the multimeter.

Jacostang
11-28-09, 09:36 PM
thinking of replacing the ign switch next......
The switch is not dis-engaging..... Common on Foxes after a long time the modulein the steering column comes loose!!!!

Ford
01-03-10, 04:21 PM
Jacobstang... are you talking about the starter switch module?