PDA

View Full Version : Sad day yesterday....

TruBluScreamer
11-28-09, 09:45 PM
Well i had the misfortune yesterday of finding some paint oxidized on my hood and spoiler... Somethin tells me that a good wax will do it nicely.... Unfortunate part is with the holidays im a little strapped for cash to take it to a professional. So i come here in search of some wisdom... Now the whole car definitely needs a wax, its swirled somethin fierce!! So here we go.. Any recommendations???

CCStang
11-28-09, 10:16 PM
Hate to burst your bubble even more...But if it's oxidizing, as you say it is, and it's below or above the paint, then all the wax in the world may not touch it (depends on the condition of the clear coat...if any)!

And the swirls (if this is the results of a previous power buff)...never, I repeat never let someone with a power buffer near your car if they don't know what they are doing. That is the reason I do my own power buffing. Power buffing can burn the paint with swirls in an AZ minute.

Good luck!

ttocs
11-28-09, 10:29 PM
start with a claybar and see what is really there........

RockysMom
11-29-09, 11:00 AM
www.mythreesonsdetailing.com (http://www.mythreesonsdetailing.com) He is in the club and may have some sugestions for you. His name is Terry :)

AirborneVet
11-29-09, 12:23 PM
PSR has some rates as well as pics of cars they have done minor paint restoration/detailing on - take a look in the PSR section on here.

WildBill
11-29-09, 10:21 PM
Just drop by the shop and let me take a look at the car and we can see what can be done from there.