PDA

View Full Version : Happy as a Fat Kid in the Candy Store

BurnTire
09-09-06, 02:40 AM
Well I pulled the PPRV from the tank tonight.
What a Frickin project. I don't know what Ford was thinking when they dreamed up this return-less system.
The hardest part was getting the stupid float hooked back up.

Well I am happy to report my hesitation between shifts is gone.
I have to log the duty cycle to see what I gained in fuel flow.

Give me some candy.

:laughing1: :laughing1:

AZSonicSnake
09-09-06, 07:43 AM
you know, even when i was a kid i always prefered the bakery over the candy store...:laughing:

sounds like a fun project though....

AZTERMINATOR
09-11-06, 08:23 PM
Jeff - What Mod Are You Doing Now?? Missed You At Pavillions On Sat, Ford Was There With A Bunch Of Their New Mustangs, Ford Gt's...pretty Good Show.

Azterminator

AZSonicSnake
09-11-06, 09:10 PM
you were out there? how did i miss ya? weird.....

RockysMom
09-11-06, 11:11 PM
you were out there? how did i miss ya? weird.....

Well ya missed me out there no wonder lol, must have had tunnel vision that night huh:z7shysterical:

AZSonicSnake
09-12-06, 12:05 AM
27 and going blind....i am screwed! lol...:slaphappy:

BurnTire
09-12-06, 01:02 AM
Jeff - What Mod Are You Doing Now?? Missed You At Pavillions On Sat, Ford Was There With A Bunch Of Their New Mustangs, Ford Gt's...pretty Good Show.

Azterminator

I removed the PPRV valve from the fuel pump assembly to fix the hesitation problem I was having between shifts.

Here is my up an coming mod list

Ram Power Grip HD Clutch
Ram Billet Steel Flywheel
McLeod Scatter Shield
Fiore Adjuster
Steeda Quadrant
LMM Drive Shaft Loop
6 point roll bar.
5 Point harness.
This will make me legal to run 10.0 to 11.49

I haven't decided on going with a solid axle or keeping the IRS yet.

I ultimate goal is to be able to launch at 6000+ with 1.4 60ft times without breaking anything.:awsome:

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:26 PM
Is the flywheel SFI?

BurnTire
09-15-06, 11:32 PM
Is the flywheel SFI?

Yes Sir.

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:33 PM
:2thumbs: your run way is clear...have a nice flight!

BurnTire
09-15-06, 11:49 PM
I debated steel and aluminum for a while.
When it comes down to it the people going really fast are running steel.
The Ram Power Grip HD is only to be used on steel.

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:59 PM
I agree....top dogs like James & Lou & other have shown what has worked.

I always thought that too with the Mach1, but my reference was with a 98 Cobra owner....some parts didnt do anything good for the Mach1 as it would on his car.

Also, the starting line matters a ton...IMHO.

Ive only had one time where the starting line was so stuck that a Steel Flywheel could NOT even overcome the tackiness, so I can only imagine how stinky the aluminum would be after the pass.......that day, we had a ton of vets blowing their drivetrains, but on my 2nd to last pass, jerk put a torch on the starting line. I couldnt believe how stuck it was.

Steel will do far better at a stuck track...

If your track is not prepped much, a Steel Flywheel in turn will hurt you since you can easily blow off the tires vs an Aluminum Flywheel.

BurnTire
09-16-06, 12:05 AM
We will see. Speedworld does a better job at prep from what I hear.
Firebird had the nick name Fireslick.
I may head down next February to the national time trials at firebird. That is the weekend all the top fuel and funny car teams come out to test and tune. I usually just spectate, but I can run in the test sportsman class.
The track will be super sticky that weekend.

I agree....top dogs like James & Lou & other have shown what has worked.

I always thought that too with the Mach1, but my reference was with a 98 Cobra owner....some parts didnt do anything good for the Mach1 as it would on his car.

Also, the starting line matters a ton...IMHO.

Ive only had one time where the starting line was so stuck that a Steel Flywheel could NOT even overcome the tackiness, so I can only imagine how stinky the aluminum would be after the pass.......that day, we had a ton of vets blowing their drivetrains, but on my 2nd to last pass, jerk put a torch on the starting line. I couldnt believe how stuck it was.

Steel will do far better at a stuck track...

If your track is not prepped much, a Steel Flywheel in turn will hurt you since you can easily blow off the tires vs an Aluminum Flywheel.

P Machy
09-16-06, 12:09 AM
Sweet! That should make ur whipple bog that weekend....LOL.

I personally like the stock clutch. After a good amount of launches, it starts losing it.....I enjoyed tacking out & dumping it, it only resulted to a bog. Feels safer on parts :sticktonge:

BurnTire
09-16-06, 12:17 AM
Sweet! That should make ur whipple bog that weekend....LOL.

I personally like the stock clutch. After a good amount of launches, it starts losing it.....I enjoyed tacking out & dumping it, it only resulted to a bog. Feels safer on parts :sticktonge:

I can feel the stock clutch slipping with the whipple on the street.

P Machy
09-16-06, 12:31 AM
I can feel the stock clutch slipping with the whipple on the street.LOL...dont think ur clutch will hold that TQ.

It is actually interesting when it really starts slipping in all gears. Even a slight 20% of gas it slips!!

Good thing on a low HP car, I could just floor it from a red light and no spin at all! The night that the cluth was really slipping, it was tuff to climb some hills! Funny but once you get rolling enough or force the issue, it starts grabbing ok...once it cools of a little by going to red light to red light, it slips again!

Weird stuff.