PDA

View Full Version : Mustang runs like crap

OH3MGSVT
12-10-09, 11:36 PM
Well started her up this morning and she wasnt running right. Driving it it sputters and chokes when I accelerate. Fine during cruising, but any time I press the gas it stutters. Checked the coil and there was condensation in there, dried off coil and spark plug (plug looked good otherwise) and tried it again. Still doesnt run right. So I went and bought a new coil and put it on. Still doesnt run good. Anything else I can do? Anyone know whats wrong with it??????

P.S. It threw a p0305 code which is misfire in #5 cylinder

silver03cobra
12-10-09, 11:47 PM
how do the plugs look? also how mant miles do you have now? over 120k now right?

wickedcobra
12-11-09, 11:40 AM
Well started her up this morning and she wasnt running right. Driving it it sputters and chokes when I accelerate. Fine during cruising, but any time I press the gas it stutters. Checked the coil and there was condensation in there, dried off coil and spark plug (plug looked good otherwise) and tried it again. Still doesnt run right. So I went and bought a new coil and put it on. Still doesnt run good. Anything else I can do? Anyone know whats wrong with it??????

P.S. It threw a p0305 code which is misfire in #5 cylinder

Upgrade to a Cobra :pinkthumb:

There are some good deals out there.

silver03cobra
12-11-09, 03:24 PM

+1 :woot2:

OH3MGSVT
12-11-09, 04:59 PM
how do the plugs look? also how mant miles do you have now? over 120k now right?

Well I only pulled the plug from cylinder 5 and it looked okay to me, gonna check the gap on it though to make sure its correct. I might as well check the others to make sure. I currently have 130k miles, the MOTOR has about 70k but the coils still have 130k on them

OH3MGSVT
12-11-09, 05:00 PM

I would but I still owe 9300 on my gt so thats not gonna happen any time soon. Just gonna make the most of what I have now, unless you wanna trade :sticktonge:

Jacostang
12-11-09, 07:55 PM
Even though the wire"Looks Ok" I would replace it and see what happens, dont know how old they are but I would get a set of new wires and if it works replace them all now..My 2000 Gt was acting up and threw a code like that. I replaced the plugs, coil pack, and wire and it was great!

Mr. Austin
12-12-09, 12:14 AM
Daynas car (my Lady) Had the same code and issues and when we replaced the plugs and wires on her car in ran 110% better and the misfire was gone. It had started to arc from wire to wire loosing its power

fazm
12-12-09, 12:53 AM
ive replaced my fair share of injectors on 4.6/5.4 engines, might want to check that as well.

OH3MGSVT
12-12-09, 09:04 AM
Well I changed all the spark plugs for the hell of it and low and be hold there were quite a few other coils with moisture on them, the worst was I believe cylinder 3, the spark plug was literally soaking wet, I pulled the plug and it was dripping a water/oil mixture it was that bad, put a new plug in and in runs better than ever now, but now im afraid that oil will get back in there because I dont know how it got there in the first place. But now another problem has come up!!! When Im driving in low RPM's and I press in the clutch the Rev's drop very quickly, almost instantly to the point it wants to die, I check all the vacuum lines and they are good, now what could it be?

Mr. Austin
12-12-09, 10:26 AM
make sure all your push rods are straight and that on your carburetor your idle screw still has the spring to put pressure on their. LOL JK!!!

Stanger00
12-12-09, 05:05 PM
Your IAC is probably sticking...mine as well replace it or clean it out. A new one from ford is like a 100 bucks.