PDA

View Full Version : Firebird 12-11-09

silvrsvt
12-12-09, 12:38 AM
what a joke... between last week and this time out to the bird I have had enough! I dont care if it is 2x's the distance I am going to speedworld from now on!!!

got there about 10ish and made 1 pass...... I am trying to get my boss into the sport but last week the lights where all screwed up and tonight they close 1 lane at 10:45 and close the track at like 11!

also whats up with people taking there cash for clunkers out to the strip!? their was so much junk out there tonight it was even funny! it wouldnt be a problem if they

# 1 didnt drag water all over the strip (no need to do burnouts in 17 sec cars!)

# 2 didnt break and oil down the track 50% of the time!

# 3 ask if they can go in front of me so they can race their 1993 camry against there bud's 1999 chevy malibu!!!

screw cars and drag racing! I am getting back into motocross!!!!

sorry guys I just had to vent a little, I feel better :highfive:

fazm
12-12-09, 12:51 AM
only 2 times ive been to speedworld it was the same story, to each there own i guess lol.

dunno why you would show up at 10 and expect to get many runs in though, i usually get there at 7 or earlier.

never been there during a light problem or anything though, but im sure it happens.

i always look at it from the cheaper tow bill perspective. 3 miles from firebird, and like 75 from speedworld lol

Stanger00
12-12-09, 07:59 AM
speedworled was riddled with electrical problems after that storm on monday. they used the down time to prep the track though. Maybe things will be better there tonight but I cant stand the little 4 cylinder rice buckets dragging water on the lanes. ****ing rookies

silvrsvt
12-12-09, 09:41 AM
only 2 times ive been to speedworld it was the same story, to each there own i guess lol.

I have had good luck at speedworld.. as far as getting some runs in

dunno why you would show up at 10 and expect to get many runs in
though, i usually get there at 7 or earlier.

well I gave i figured with 2 hours and only 25-30 cars I could get 3 runs!

never been there during a light problem or anything though, but im sure it happens.

like I said this is the 2nd week in a row!

i always look at it from the cheaper tow bill perspective. 3 miles from firebird, and like 75 from speedworld lol

I will agree with you on this lol

The worst part is trying to show someone that they can do something besides let there 2006 vette and 2010 camaro sit in storage collecting dust, then take them to the track just to have nothing but problems and delays..

I would say I have made 50ish trips to various tracks in the last 5 years and out of all the tracks I have been to these last 2 trips to firebird have been the worst!

SloSVO
12-12-09, 10:29 AM
so what?? speedworld tonight? or this evening... I like the mom and pop feel of speedworld.. besides they do seem to care a lil more about the prep.. as cold as it was i was launching at 5K on the nittos last saturday

silvrsvt
12-12-09, 12:00 PM
so what?? speedworld tonight? or this evening... I like the mom and pop feel of speedworld.. besides they do seem to care a lil more about the prep.. as cold as it was i was launching at 5K on the nittos last saturday

I will try and make it!

billyboss
12-15-09, 12:35 PM
I totally agree I am done with firebird, I will drive from east mesa to speedworld when I want to run, any track can have problems it's how they deal with it, and firebird does not do that well

silvrsvt
12-15-09, 01:06 PM
I totally agree I am done with firebird, I will drive from east mesa to speedworld when I want to run, any track can have problems it's how they deal with it, and firebird does not do that well

speedworld couldnt have been better last weekend! I made 8 or 9 passes with time to cool! it also sprinkled for a little bit and they were back running in less than no time! track prep was decent too. They even had water in the water box :biglaugh:

SloSVO
12-16-09, 07:24 PM
so whats the action for this saturday night?

Stanger00
12-16-09, 08:13 PM
I would go but my workcenter x-mas party is that night. Monday I asked AZ Differential to rebuild my rear end. All parts were ordered monday but still waiting for the 31 spline differential to come in. The mustang will probably still be down come saturday.

WildBill
12-16-09, 08:50 PM
I'll be at SpeedWorld Sat morning and most of the day with a Bullitt.