PDA

View Full Version : IRS Brace

P Machy
09-13-06, 01:16 PM
Who has one and has it aided the IRS in keeping the diff. from leaking?

Mine was perfectly fine, even with 80+ passes on them. Even with the gear swap & 20 runs on them NO PEE!!!

Then I took the sway bar loose and with better 60', I noticed the scent of diff fluid & saw the evidence last night of the PEE!

Not much, but still noticeable!

u1arunit
09-13-06, 01:20 PM
I have the Billetflow piece. I bought it to keep the cover from breaking. Keeping it from leaking is a nice bonus though. Lots of these things leak just ever so little. Once you see it on the ground it's time to reseal it.

P Machy
09-13-06, 01:32 PM
So you didn't go to the Solid Axle Camp? :Bucktooth:

OK, so the diff. brace will help then? Not to worried about blowing the cover or the diff....

My understanding is that the front of the pumpkin is fairly firm, but the rear tends to move around alot under extreme stress and the way that stupid FORD designed the back of the IRS to the Chassis allows all that flex between the diff cover & the pumpkin...not sure how the brace holds it in place, but calling Leathal Performance for the Billetflow Brace now.

Tetge got his installed yesturday & the shop says it is a far better piece then Brakelate who got a good deal on a Steeda one.

BurnTire
09-13-06, 02:11 PM
Billet flow is the way to go.

Viper_ed
09-13-06, 02:54 PM
Billet flow is the way to go.
I have the Steeda one and it has an extra triangulated support on it. Look at a picture of each and you will see it. It was a bitch to put on, even having a rack it still sucked!

P Machy
09-13-06, 03:13 PM
I have the Steeda one and it has an extra triangulated support on it. Look at a picture of each and you will see it. It was a bitch to put on, even having a rack it still sucked!
Hum...Shop says that the Billetflow one went on pretty easily.

I got to see Brakelates brace last night....although not on a lift, I couldnt tell any difference or see the entire picture between the two.

I just dont want the car to PEE anymore!

SONIC03SNAKE
09-13-06, 03:52 PM
Put the Mach rear in it.:sticktonge:

BurnTire
09-13-06, 05:30 PM
Put the Mach rear in it.:sticktonge:

No put the Mach rear in mine.

Brakelate
09-14-06, 02:59 AM
I'm wondering if the brace transfers more of the vibe noise from the 4.10's to the body of the car?

Brace looked pretty stout, but the gears make the whole back half of the body drum, not like my '01 where the vibes from the 4.30's were basically isolated.

Crossing my fingers and hoping mine dosn't start leaking.

Viper_ed
09-14-06, 09:18 AM
I'm wondering if the brace transfers more of the vibe noise from the 4.10's to the body of the car?
I would say no since it only bolts to the rear. There is no connection to the body, so the noise should remain the same.

Brakelate
09-15-06, 03:15 AM
Well, the diff brace bolts to the IRS cage and the cage bolts to the body.

I'm also going back and forth over installing the Poly bushings for the IRS cage for the exact same reasons.

I have both the polyurethane bushings and the weld in brackets that go above the upper rear (fenderwell) IRS mount.

Anyone else using those?

Blownsvt
10-06-06, 09:31 PM
i have the billetflow one as well. after i cracked my diff cover a few weeks back i figure i may as well get one to prevent it form happing again. since i got it no problems.

BLK03SVT
11-06-06, 10:35 PM
i have the billetflow one as well. after i cracked my diff cover a few weeks back i figure i may as well get one to prevent it form happing again. since i got it no problems.

Is it hard to install?

BurnTire
11-06-06, 10:37 PM
Is it hard to install?

Not at all.

Basic hand tools.

Gene
11-06-06, 11:03 PM
http://kfordham.com//images/solid2back.jpg

Sexy

BurnTire
11-06-06, 11:11 PM
http://kfordham.com//images/solid2back.jpg

Sexy

Great here goes a few more grand.
Everytime a jack the car up and look at the IRS I just shake my head. LOL

Gene
11-06-06, 11:23 PM
Great here goes a few more grand.
Everytime a jack the car up and look at the IRS I just shake my head. LOL

LOL, thats not mine, but looks pretty damn close to it. I have my bosses car since we are getting ready to sell it. Its an 04 mystic conv. with my old setup on it. I stabbed it in 1st and smiled while I wheel hopped down the road. I said to my self "Self, I sure am glad my car doesnt do this anymore".

BurnTire
11-06-06, 11:26 PM
LOL, thats not mine, but looks pretty damn close to it. I have my bosses car since we are getting ready to sell it. Its an 04 mystic conv. with my old setup on it. I stabbed it in 1st and smiled while I wheel hopped down the road. I said to my self "Self, I sure am glad my car doesnt do this anymore".

Well I have zero wheel hop since getting the whipple.
I just hate the fact that everything is a major project when it comes to the IRS. Live Axle = Simple

Gene
11-06-06, 11:46 PM
Well I have zero wheel hop since getting the whipple.
I just hate the fact that everything is a major project when it comes to the IRS. Live Axle = Simple

Live axle:
= -120 lbs
= easier to work on
= 15" rims
= 100' burnouts
= $249 for a pair of axles
= Easier to change fuel filter
= Easier to change diff fluid
= better selection of track suspension
= cooler than IRS
= no smurf guts when you explode a half shaft
:deadhorse:

Dan
11-07-06, 08:48 AM
Live axle:
= -120 lbs
= easier to work on
= 15" rims
= 100' burnouts
= $249 for a pair of axles
= Easier to change fuel filter
= Easier to change diff fluid
= better selection of track suspension
= cooler than IRS
= no smurf guts when you explode a half shaft
:deadhorse:

hey GENE isnt this the same conversation that you and I had when you wanted to buy my 3" from my IRS lol welcome to the dark side oh hey I have some races set up with a gt2 on the 19th at speed worls and on 12/2 at speed world i figured that you would want in on this correct

thread
http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/12-2dragday.html

MinGry03
11-07-06, 09:20 AM
If your keeping the IRS get the BilletFlow.....:2thumbs:

Derek@DRI
11-12-06, 06:35 PM
We have the Steeda Brace in stock, and are also offering 5% off for HPS members only.....so if you order one give me a shout.

Derek:2thumbs: