PDA

View Full Version : Custom Roll Cage

BurnTire
09-15-06, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know of a shop in the area that does custom roll cages?

P Machy
09-15-06, 10:54 PM
Is there a reason you want a Customs one?

The MM works well.

BurnTire
09-15-06, 10:59 PM
Is there a reason you want a Customs one?

The MM works well.

I wanted the rear bars to go into the trunk area. The rear hoop could go back further with the rear seat delete. So this means I will probably end up with the MM kit.

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:08 PM
Technically, a side impact with what you want would work better. The bar would have to go over near the shock towers and a bar boxing it up would do wonders....MM design wont save that are.

Friends car after this impact by another member....
http://www.0-1320feet.com/VidOtherNotGoodInHeaven.mpg

Well the black car took most of the impact / damage. Our Guard Rails have nothing but cement behind them...so after the hit, he crossed from his lane to the far lane and had serious damage. The custom boxed roll bar save his frame come crushing inwards IMHO.

he runs faster after the accident :Bucktooth:
http://www.0-1320feet.com/VidCobraDan2

BurnTire
09-15-06, 11:13 PM
I will do some research on options. I would like to be able to walk away if something bad happens at the track. I will pay whatever I need to for safety.

Technically, a side impact with what you want would work better. The bar would have to go over near the shock towers and a bar boxing it up would do wonders....MM design wont save that are.

Friends car after this impact by another member....
http://www.0-1320feet.com/VidOtherNotGoodInHeaven.mpg

Well the black car took most of the impact / damage. Our Guard Rails have nothing but cement behind them...so after the hit, he crossed from his lane to the far lane and had serious damage. The custom boxed roll bar save his frame come crushing inwards IMHO.

he runs faster after the accident :Bucktooth:
http://www.0-1320feet.com/VidCobraDan2

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:18 PM
The best shop in SoCal that does the best bars is pretty much closed up! He does stuff for high end customers, but due to his wifes health issues, his talent & skill are not available to everyone :(

He only charged my friend $1200.00 I believe....but it looks more then worth it from the bends ~ welds. No bars hitting the side door panels or hacked up panels.

I may end up with a MM too....but doubt I will push for that ET. Like a stock looking full interior Termee :biggrin:

BurnTire
09-15-06, 11:20 PM
I am shooting for the 10's. You know how it goes. Then before you know it I will want 9's

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:25 PM
LOL!!! yeah, I know. I was so happy with high 11's at Sea Level and the 1st taste of 11's at the high desert,...I wanted more, but easy 11! I was wrong though....hard 11's felt more rewarding.

You...YOU CRAZY!

BurnTire
09-15-06, 11:27 PM
Well I have not plans to gut the car. I plan to keep everything minus the rear seats. So I guess I will need a turbo setup to push this snake faster. LOL:Bucktooth:

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:32 PM
LMAO!

So what was your fastest ET before whipple?

Have you ran with the Whipple yet?

Seems like Whipples can hit 10's pretty easily....even in the dirt of LACR!

Says alot about that blower.

Looks like your other stuff would be to par.

BurnTire
09-15-06, 11:37 PM
LMAO!

So what was your fastest ET before whipple?

Have you ran with the Whipple yet?

Seems like Whipples can hit 10's pretty easily....even in the dirt of LACR!

Says alot about that blower.

Looks like your other stuff would be to par.

I ran 11.8 at 119 1.7 60ft with an unported eaton 2.93, catted x and cat back, oh yea and a CAI and a 91 octane 20 degrees of timing RWTD tune.

With the whipple I will run 17 PSI on a race tune with a full 23 degrees of timing.

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:39 PM
Dang, AZ Air looks sweet with that trap speed! LOL...looks like you would of needed a BAR with just those mods.

Just had to push it didnt you :thumbsup:

BurnTire
09-15-06, 11:42 PM
Dang, AZ Air looks sweet with that trap speed! LOL...looks like you would of needed a BAR with just those mods.

Just had to push it didnt you :thumbsup:

I am a little bit of an agressive driver to say the least. I did a ton of racing years ago in my old 5.0.
Luckly I had a local cobra friend to witness this for the local people who called B.S.

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:43 PM
I am a little bit of an agressive driver to say the least. I did a ton of racing years ago in my old 5.0.
Luckly I had a local cobra friend to witness this for the local people who called B.S.
:confused:

Why would they call BS on a 5.0 hitting 12's?

BurnTire
09-15-06, 11:44 PM
If I had better tires I know i could have run an 11.5 on the old combo.

I had a clown the other day tell me I am not going to run 10's on the whipple setup. We will see about that.
:wosautos1200:

BurnTire
09-15-06, 11:46 PM
:confused:

Why would they call BS on a 5.0 hitting 12's?

Who knows?
I am all about timeslips. :2thumbs:

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:50 PM

I had a clown the other day tell me I am not going to run 10's on the whipple setup. We will see about that.
LOL!!! Thats a cool smilie!!

Uhhhh....what a tool!

MPH is an indicator of HP, but on a Termee's with Full Weight, any one who has been around would know that 11.5's are possible with good prep & low 1.6 60' at that MPH.

I hit 11.740 @ 117.016 just last saturday...and that was with 5000+ DA...so he doesnt know any better id say!

You could of easily gotten banned with super tires & no Bar with just those mods....IMHO.

BurnTire
09-16-06, 12:00 AM
these cars run real good when drive it like you stole it.

LOL!!! Thats a cool smilie!!

Uhhhh....what a tool!

MPH is an indicator of HP, but on a Termee's with Full Weight, any one who has been around would know that 11.5's are possible with good prep & low 1.6 60' at that MPH.

I hit 11.740 @ 117.016 just last saturday...and that was with 5000+ DA...so he doesnt know any better id say!

You could of easily gotten banned with super tires & no Bar with just those mods....IMHO.

Dan
09-16-06, 09:16 AM
we do them well actualy a famous roll cage guy does them for us they are all chromeoly and tig welded if you are interested

Dan
09-16-06, 09:18 AM

I hope you run low 10s on the new set up i went 10s on a eaton and now hopefully low 9s on the new set up

BurnTire
09-16-06, 02:34 PM
we do them well actualy a famous roll cage guy does them for us they are all chromeoly and tig welded if you are interested

Who is the famous guy?
Do you have any in your cars. I would like to see the work first hand.

Gene
09-17-06, 08:06 PM
Who is the famous guy?
Do you have any in your cars. I would like to see the work first hand.
+1, I will be in need of one this fall for sure. The MM unit is only good for 10.0's though.

BurnTire
09-17-06, 08:14 PM
Your going to need the 10 point for the super fast turbo.

Dan
09-18-06, 09:33 AM
my car is going to be fitted with one this next week

BurnTire
09-18-06, 11:52 AM
How long is the install going to take.