PDA

View Full Version : Well... what happened at the Ford vs Chevy Day???

rsnider
01-17-10, 07:55 AM
I couldn't make it... family stuff. But I'd love to hear how it went! I was praying for good weather all day for you guys. During the drive to Tucson it would cloud up, then clear up pretty much all day.

How did things go?

azmustang
01-17-10, 08:47 AM
well there was about 24 or 26 more ford's than there was gm's and as far as the racing after the first "organized" race every one just kind of did their own thing so I would say ford won just based of the number ford's vs gm's. also I never saw any new camaros come out.

SloSVO
01-17-10, 10:30 AM
it was over after the first race.. I don't know if the chev just gave up..but I think that maybe the AZFSC was too big of a distraction..

az2k1
01-17-10, 10:47 AM
it was over after the first race.. I don't know if the chev just gave up..but I think that maybe the AZFSC was too big of a distraction..
yeah it was.......it was cool hang out tho

BurnTire
01-17-10, 11:33 AM
How many runs did you guys get.

SloSVO
01-17-10, 11:42 AM
a bunch.. i did about 7.. and thats with all kinds of hotdog breaks..lol

too bad you couldn't make it..

Stanger00
01-17-10, 12:57 PM
I made one pass and came back around and was told the event was over. I ran with AFSC after that to get some points for the race season. I went time only after I was eliminated.

I seen more GTO's than anything else yesterday...a lot of 12 second cars.

trucker
01-18-10, 12:21 AM
I had a fun time shaking out the mustang first time for me on a track in 25 years first pass sucked (ring rust) after that just improved all day
best pass was 12.73 @ 106.61 60ty Fts were all in the mid 1.80's
with 1.81 being the best 1.91 was the worst
car feels like it starts to nose over in 3rd and 4th
probably in the tune
new edelbrock super charger got its shake down
seemed to shift and work better if I left it in drive
but yes mine did the same as he said it short shifted 3rd

05mustangman
01-18-10, 04:35 AM
dennis those are still really impressive runs! especially for the first time in 25 years! lol. me best time ended up being a 14.49 which is exactly what i was looking for. im hoping a little more messing around with my tuning and the tire pressure i want to shoot for the 13s next!