PDA

View Full Version : Off to the Races!

Brakelate
09-15-06, 09:15 PM
I'll be heading out to Los Angeles County Raceway in the morning to make my first passes with the '03. I've been there hundreds of times with my previous vehicles, but this will be my Terminator's first run at the strip.

I'm a little nervous about the weather due to the wind coming up, but the temps are obviously dropping as the seasons start to change. It should be cool in the morning and the track should be reasonably prepped due to them running a fast-car meet over the weekend.

My buddy PMachy will be there, but he's just got too much for me right now since he went out and gained about 40 RWHP with a custom dyno tune. I'm betting he has a good 2/10ths on me from what I've seen in our roll on street testing.

We also have a buddy with a new Shelby going. He's been calling out Terminators and posting vids all over the internet (you may have seen them - white with blue stripes). The car he's been running against is a little stronger than mine, but the owner is sick, so I may have to fill in tomorrow for some videotaped runs. Hope I can represent the Termi's well.

The Shelby has a custom tune and added a pair of flowmasters and will be running on some 17" ET Streets. I'm short on track exerience with this particular car, so we shall see how it goes.

Wish me luck, and hopefully we'll have some good vids to post by this time tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

BurnTire
09-15-06, 09:18 PM
Yes we need video of this spectacle.

Brakelate
09-15-06, 10:09 PM
Since PMachy is too fast for the rest of us mere mortals, I'm hoping we can get him to film it.

Of course, if I lose, the footage may strangely get lost in transit. :uhh:

BurnTire
09-15-06, 10:12 PM
Since PMachy is too fast for the rest of us mere mortals, I'm hoping we can get him to film it.

Of course, if I lose, the footage may strangely get lost in transit. :uhh:

You how that INTERNET stuff works. Things get lost. :1cool:

Brakelate
09-15-06, 10:19 PM
Exactly!

PMachy is a go. No one has heard from the Shelby owner yet. No telling what he's cooking up.

P Machy
09-15-06, 10:49 PM
Dude, I so am going to need new tires after next weekend!!!

Freaking Termee is getting EXPENSIVE!

hopefully they are joking about running at 8am! Id only seen that once in my life time at LACR! It is going to be freezing in the morning!!!

Did you get a tune yet? Not sure why you are hidding ur mods!

We can have a HEADS UP TERMEE CLASS!

Brakelate
09-15-06, 11:15 PM
Hiding my mods???? Unlike some, I have complete disclosure. You even drove the car!

Heads up Termi's would be fun. Hope all the fast guys tolerate us taking so long to get out of thier way. :icon_razz:

8am would be great for me. It's getting really cool out here already, so that would mean some good DA finally, and hopefully the winds wouldn't be up that early.

I could bust out a couple passes, then split before it got crowded.

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:36 PM
no drinks after the fun?

punk!

Man, I hate driving that early...the cold is something that I REALLY HATE! I rather run at 90* temps...

hopefully the sun comes out to heat up the strip....nothing worse then a FROOZEN lanes to run on.

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:37 PM
BTW: uppers only & no lowers allowed...no ported EATONS or weight reductions allowed either! :Bucktooth:

heads up...call me Dave Conley :2thumbs: hole shotter

Brakelate
09-15-06, 11:43 PM
no drinks after the fun?

R U Crazy? I'll have been up all nite! When are you heading up? I may see you on the freeway piddling along at 73.

P Machy
09-15-06, 11:44 PM
R U Crazy? I'll have been up all nite! When are you heading up? I may see you on the freeway piddling along at 73.
65 fool! no vibrations :sticktonge:

leaving at 6am!!!! need my car stone cold for good IAT2's to take my 22* of timing to 11.6's!

Brakelate
09-15-06, 11:56 PM
22* :grumpy:

I'll be leaving about half an hour after you. I'll wave as I pass.

P Machy
09-16-06, 12:05 AM
22* :grumpy:

I'll be leaving about half an hour after you. I'll wave as I pass.
:z7shysterical:

i cant believe u drove those tires to work....lazy bastig! u know i would help you swap them!

ur such a noob!

Brakelate
09-16-06, 12:20 AM
If I'm slow, I might as well look good getting there! Car looks killer with black Cobra "R"s and ET Streets on it! :awsome:

Besides, after being up since 3:30 this afternoon, working all night, driving the 150 mile round trip up there, I'm not gonna be all that excited about humping on a pair of tires with my cheezy jack and tire iron.

Rather sit there and sip a Mtn Dew and watch you smoke half a pack. :laughing:

P Machy
09-16-06, 12:28 AM
LOL!!! just dont push them tires...you need all of it!

Brakelate
09-16-06, 12:32 AM
I'm good. I just need to bust out two quick runs, then off to bed. Well, that or Margaritas!

P Machy
09-16-06, 12:40 AM
I'm good. I just need to bust out two quick runs, then off to bed. Well, that or Margaritas!
Come on! Ur not working tomorrow night are you?

Burnt Up ET Street may get you a 1.78....if you get a 1.6 out of them :BOWDOWN:

OK, I need to go to sleep. I have to wake up super early!!!

Go to SLEEP!

oh wait...ur working :z7shysterical:

Brakelate
09-16-06, 12:53 AM
I'm not working tommorow night, but I'm not in my 20's anymore either.

No sleep = One grouchy Brakelate.

I'll hit a 1.69 or lower, guaranteed.