PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up

Rick Shopmier
02-03-10, 07:05 AM
Last night at the meeting I talked about the Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up in Steamboat Spring Colorado. I am planning on doing this event. If you are interested in a real road trip (practice for the 50th) this is the one. Goto www.rmmr.org (http://www.rmmr.org) for all the event details and registration and look at the past years photos while there (you will see the Bullitt in 08). Contact me if you are interested at racer00@cox.net.

DSALEEN
02-03-10, 09:35 AM
Im prob down how many miles is it

GasMan
02-03-10, 10:25 AM
Its a little over 700 miles from PHX.... hope you can make it.
Hey rick...
I am going to enter the autocross event at the show, need to know when you plan to leave cause its looks like the scenic mountain tour is scheduled for thurs morn.

DSALEEN
02-03-10, 11:19 AM
I would trailer if i go. Let me know what you guys are doing later

hutnik
02-03-10, 05:17 PM
I'll be going.Be there on Thursday thru Saturday.:woot1:

Rick Shopmier
02-07-10, 11:08 AM
For those interested ingoing to the Roundup here is some followon info.

I looked at hotels on line, the best deal is the host (where may activitys are) Steamboat Grand with a basic room starting at $ 107.00 (2 beds). They now charge $ 60 for the parking garage (whole event), but there is covered public parking across the street. If singles double up on the rooms there is a good savings. Look at www.rmmr.org (http://www.rmmr.org) for details on all of this. In the past there was a parking area adjacent to the Grand for trucks with trailers, I don't know if it is still there. I am also looking at a condo complex were one of the host clubs is staying to see if we can get a deal and maybe get a couple of units, most of these have covered parking and trailer space. Leaving on Wed. 6/16 it is an easy drive to Grand Junction Colorado, spend the night there then to Steamboat, arriving early enough to go on the mountain tour. Comming back (boo) we can leave after the awards breakfast and either boogie back home or do an overnighter if going the scenic route. Remember also that if you plan to do the auto-x that is a separate registration and you should bring your own brain bucket.

GasMan
02-08-10, 07:49 AM
For those interested ingoing to the Roundup here is some followon info.

I looked at hotels on line, the best deal is the host (where may activitys are) Steamboat Grand with a basic room starting at $ 107.00 (2 beds). They now charge $ 60 for the parking garage (whole event), but there is covered public parking across the street. If singles double up on the rooms there is a good savings. Look at www.rmmr.org (http://www.rmmr.org) for details on all of this. In the past there was a parking area adjacent to the Grand for trucks with trailers, I don't know if it is still there. I am also looking at a condo complex were one of the host clubs is staying to see if we can get a deal and maybe get a couple of units, most of these have covered parking and trailer space. Leaving on Wed. 6/16 it is an easy drive to Grand Junction Colorado, spend the night there then to Steamboat, arriving early enough to go on the mountain tour. Comming back (boo) we can leave after the awards breakfast and either boogie back home or do an overnighter if going the scenic route. Remember also that if you plan to do the auto-x that is a separate registration and you should bring your own brain bucket.

The condo is a great idea....let me know if you can work that out Rick.

SloSVO
02-08-10, 09:21 AM
I by accident went to this even last year.. it really is worth the drive.. Hopefully I can get my 85 done by then.. on the way back we went thru, I think, highway 85 or 75 ..whatever it was, it was very scenic ...

Rick Shopmier
02-21-10, 09:37 PM
If you are planning on going to the Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up, now is a good time to get registered and book your lodgings. I am staying at the Steamboat Grand Resort and have rented a space in the parking garage. When I talked to them last week there were still rooms and condos availible and some garage spaces left. Also if you intend to race register early this sells out fast. My plan is trailering my car (driving the speed limits) and leaving on Wednesday (6/16) about 8am from Surprise. I will go to Flag then thru Monument Valley and up to Moab and spend the night in Grand Junction. Leave GJ at 8am Thursday and get to Steamboat at about noon. I will return Sunday after the awards breakfast and drive (scenic route) to Cortez for the night and rest of the way on Monday. Anyone is welcome to jump on. My plan is set and allows for rest stops, food stops and not having to rush. Remember, pre-registration is mandatory.

Rick Shopmier
02-22-10, 08:46 AM
ROUSH RACING ROAD SHOW WILL BE AT THE ROUNDUP. I talked to the Roush rep at the car show Saturday, he said they plan the have a major presence there, especially their racing stuff.

05mustangman
02-22-10, 05:59 PM
very cool! im really excited about this!

Rick Shopmier
03-18-10, 07:58 PM
I'm in, just got my registraion back. I sent it in mid Feb. and am #240 and I will be racing. Remember they close the registation at about 550. If you snooze you loose.