PDA

View Full Version : Bad Shifting Automatic

trucker
02-09-10, 09:00 PM
I hit the revlimiter before my auto shifts usualy only when going from 2nd to 3rd gear doesn't matter if left in drive or manualy shifted ?
edlebrock says there is nothing wrong with there program which has me locked out to adjust things.
puzzled and pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stanger00
02-09-10, 10:13 PM
This is a tune problem. Worst case scenario your stock transmission is getting 'lazy' with its shifts. My stock AODE started missing shifts because it couldnt handle the extra torque I was pushing through it. I think my auto made it 5 months after I installed the blower. I had 70k miles on the car at the time though.

Far as I know the 5 speed auto's should be able to hold the power. Eldebrock should lower the shift command for your 2-3 shift.

If they wont than maybe look into getting a custom tune from some of the vendors here.

I remember talking with you about this at the Ford vs GM day. I thought stage 3 was tuning the car.

Mr. Austin
02-09-10, 11:20 PM
I would see if PSR can tune it in on their dyno.

05mustangman
02-09-10, 11:21 PM
Dennis im tellin ya man take it down to psr they will have it running like you have never seen before. then you shouldnt have any of the problems. and i no they will be able to tap into your tuner and everything.