PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fly RC aircraft in the Gilbert area?

WOH HRSY
02-19-10, 08:56 PM
Are there any flying fields near Gilbert? I found one in Apache Junction but I was hoping one was closer.

BurnTire
02-19-10, 11:24 PM
Are you flying gas?

WOH HRSY
02-20-10, 10:09 AM
I don't have a plane anymore but I want to get back into it. I really don't have a preference at this point an electric would be fine by me.

1rad67
02-20-10, 03:58 PM
There is a RC Air plane air Field on ironwood rd. just before you get into Queen Creek. It's on the East side of ironwood if your going South. it's also just before you see Motocross Motorcycle park. it's tricky to find, off the road on ironwood. The road is a dirt road and there is a little wind sock by the fence. hope you find it. Drive on dirt road for couple hundred yards and you'll see the RC's flying...Good Luck!

WOH HRSY
02-20-10, 05:24 PM
I'm not familiar with that area so I google earthed it lol, is that before ocotillo rd then?

1rad67
02-20-10, 07:59 PM
If you go east on I-60 towards Gold Canyon you need to go to ironwood dr. get off Ironwood and turn right at light. from there it's about 3-5 miles going south on ironwood. On the right side of ironwood you will come up to a motorcycle park. The RC airport is what I like to call it, is near there but on opposite side of ironwood. Right before the motorcycle park it's on other side of road. You'll see a little wind sock and a sign saying something about RC airplanes. It's on a dirt road. If you have any other questions, let me know.

WOH HRSY
02-20-10, 09:26 PM
Cool I'll have to take a cruise over there. Thanks!

1rad67
02-21-10, 06:23 AM
No problem...

HIKER
02-21-10, 02:24 PM
Gilbert Rodeo grounds... SE corner Ray/Val Vista every Sat. There's an R/C hobby store at Gilbert/Chandler Blvd east of Fry's that is one of the sponsers..

WOH HRSY
02-21-10, 02:36 PM
Thanks Hiker I'll check that out too.