PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 04 convertible top

John Remmers
03-06-10, 05:08 PM
The convertible top on my 04 Mustang goes part way up then won't go the rest of the way, it sounds like the motor is slipping. I've had the fluid checked and it's ok.

I am looking for someone to look at it and repair it. Does anyone know of an honest shop? I contacted Power Ford and they want $120 to do a diagnosis.

Thanks

BurnTire
03-06-10, 06:10 PM
Did this problem just occur all of a sudden or was it a gradual issue?

John Remmers
03-06-10, 06:35 PM
Was all of a sudden.

BurnTire
03-06-10, 11:06 PM
5 Star Ford has always treated me well for the few service issues I had during my warranty period.

If it was my car I would be ripping it apart and fixing it myself. If I was going to pay to have it done I would personally take an issue like this to Ford as they probably see the problem more often than performance shops.

John Remmers
03-07-10, 01:15 PM
Would you know if all of the mechanical parts (pumps, motors) are in the trunk or is some of the stuff under the rear seat - I can't figure out how to take the seat out to check?

John Remmers
03-07-10, 01:20 PM
Do you know if all of the mechanical parts are all in the trunk or is some of the stuff under the back seat? I can't figure out how to remove the seat to check. Thanks

BurnTire
03-07-10, 01:47 PM
The rear seat cushion has two connector pins under the front side of the cushion. One on each side. Follow the carpet up then as it goes under the seat cushion you will find a connector on each side. I don't recall specifically how the connectors work. I think it is like a button of some sort. You push or pull it and the seat cushion releases.
The convertible top hydraulic stuff is under the rear sead side trim panels. I will send you an email in a few.

Jacostang
03-07-10, 02:27 PM
Your cylinders are losing pressure, this happened to me and then it started leaking in the wheel well.

The Top Shop at 16th St and Indian School Road has alot of experience with all your convertible needs...