PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Mustang

OH3MGSVT
03-27-10, 09:01 PM
Well I was driving to Zia records, not even driving hard or anything and all the sudden I hear a loud pop come from my motor and a lot of clinking around, pull over pop the hood to see if i can see anything and coudln't. I limp it home check it again and notice one of my coils was moving around. Pull the coil and here a bunch of METAL pieces fall into my head.

Pull the spark plug and its so ****ing burnt and twisted it looks like flavor flav. Notice a piece missing from the spark plug which is still in my motor somewhere. Buy a new plug and coil and put it on, start it up and sounds fine other than the METAL piece clinging around in there. To prevent further damage I shut the car off and walk inside.

I pulled the spark plug today and started it up to try to shoot out that metal piece and now I no longer hear it but now it sounds like my car is knocking. This has alreayd happened ONCE before on this motor and this is my second motor on the car. Im done. Im trading it in ASAP. Anyone know of any Mach's GTO's, Lightnings, or 03/04 Cobras for sale at any dealers? Im ready for a new car as this one has cost me way more money than im willing to spend on a car and thats to just to keep it running, not even mod it!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/phawkinsaz/Image0105.jpg
If you notice the top of the spark plug is bent all the way down and wrapped around the lower post of the plug

trucker
03-27-10, 09:51 PM
depends on if you want a 04 lightning with 13k on it and 1 more year left on the extended warenty might part with it for 25k ?

OH3MGSVT
03-27-10, 11:28 PM
I would love too but I think its a little too much for me to spend since im upside down in my car and all and will have to roll whatever negative equity into the new loan, which means I would have to finance something like $30k+ for that lightning

scooter3
03-28-10, 10:29 AM
Sorry to hear about the car, that really sucks. Check out Craigslist. There are a lot of Mustangs.

trucker
03-29-10, 01:04 AM
was just a thought

wickedcobra
03-29-10, 08:12 AM
I will sell you mine but cant take the other in on trade :) Let me know if your serious. You have seen my car and know its nice. mmmmmmmmm COBRA

OH3MGSVT
03-29-10, 08:27 AM
was just a thought

Thanks for the offer though :icon_cool:

OH3MGSVT
03-29-10, 08:28 AM
I will sell you mine but cant take the other in on trade :) Let me know if your serious. You have seen my car and know its nice. mmmmmmmmm COBRA

How much would you be willing to let it go for? If I can just get out from under my car I would be ready to finance a cobra. Lol and yes I have seen your car and it is VERY nice so Ill just have to see what happens with my car and go from there

OH3MGSVT
03-29-10, 08:31 AM
Just an update I think I got that metal piece out of my motor somehow. What I did was start it up without the spark plug in and I think it shot out of the head but after that it sounded like it was making a rod knock sound, so I put in a little bit of oil, not even a full quart, and it sounds fine :confused: so that works for me! Just gonna drive it carefully until I can sell/trade it in for something else asap

wickedcobra
03-29-10, 08:43 AM
How much would you be willing to let it go for? If I can just get out from under my car I would be ready to finance a cobra. Lol and yes I have seen your car and it is VERY nice so Ill just have to see what happens with my car and go from there

PM sent

02stangGT
03-29-10, 09:05 AM
on a side note i like yous poster of STAT haha... sorry to hear about the car though