PDA

View Full Version : A loss for words

Dan
09-25-06, 09:43 AM

u1arunit
09-25-06, 10:32 AM
Most people probably don't want to travel that many miles and it's too far to take your car on a trailer?

u1arunit
09-25-06, 10:33 AM
Besides that Jeff says it's too hot to race there in the summer time so you guys race in the winter while we are removing snow..?

Ethan@S3M
09-25-06, 11:13 AM
You have to think not everyone can afford to make a trip across country or to take that much time off work.

MinGry03
09-25-06, 12:04 PM
That heat can be a killer.......:doh:

BurnTire
09-25-06, 12:25 PM
I fricken race mine. I posted on here every time I went to firebird last year and not a single person showed up. Except Shaggy, but lets make HPS club day the start of more mustang racing in this town.

BurnTire
09-25-06, 12:56 PM
Besides that Jeff says it's too hot to race there in the summer time so you guys race in the winter while we are removing snow..?

You better get that snowblower a NO2 kit. I heard it is going to be a bad winter.

Dan
09-25-06, 01:00 PM
:z7shysterical: this race is in PA not Phoenix

Dan
09-25-06, 01:02 PM

HIKER
09-25-06, 01:04 PM
Road Trip...........
:wosautos118: :wosautos123: :wosautos121: :wosautos118:

Dan
09-25-06, 01:06 PM
Road Trip...........
:wosautos118: :wosautos123: :wosautos121: :wosautos118:

hahahahha that was too good

BurnTire
09-25-06, 01:06 PM

BurnTire
09-25-06, 01:07 PM
:z7shysterical: this race is in PA not Phoenix

If I still lived in PA I would be there.

Gene
09-25-06, 01:34 PM
I will no longer race on the street. Period! Its not worth the risk. I will only race at the track. With my brother being a Phoenix cop, I know that there are too many unknowns out there. For one, there are a TON of unmarked cars that look like normal cars roaming the streets. They are looking for drag racing only, then they either call in for a marked unit, or pull them over. Also, I cannot afford to have my license suspended, my car impounded, nor the rediculous fines they are charging now for street racing. Also, what happens if someone loses it and ends up like the cobra and the SS that were all over the news and Forums a couple weeks ago? Both parties will be sued up the ass in civil court. Plus, some poor family lost thier son. I've done it before now realized how stupid and selfish I was. Never again. I'll dial in the boost controller for a conservative amount of boost and enjoy 11.50 consistant ET racing at the track. My car has already seen 131 traps with the KB combo (no spray either). So I can only imagine what this car will do with the Turbo and Spray combo. "I will let it all out at the track rental". Even if its just once, I guarantee you I will run 23psi and spray out of the hole. Gene

Gene
09-25-06, 01:38 PM
And to reply to Dans original post. If I had the following: a truck that can tow my car, a trailor, a week off of work, some money for the entry fee, hotel an food, I'd be all over it. Good luck to you though Dan, make us Arizona boys proud. Gene

BurnTire
09-25-06, 02:28 PM
Gene your right on the street racing thing. Some people got pissed off when I took this site over because I don't want to promote street racing on this forum.
I was a young punk at one time. 21 years old in my 5.0. Myself and a buddy in a GN left a red light hard to about 45 MPH and we both got off it. Unfortunately there was a cop hiding behind the bushes. We both got street racing tickets. In PA that is a 1 year suspension of your license.
We plead it out and court and kept our licenses. It is not worth the hassle or risk.

There was a rich kid that had a viper in Pittsburgh that killed someone out racing his car. He ended up in jail.

I spoke with a PHX cop at the pavilions one night and he told me these sites are visited by LE looking for street racing activities.

As an old punk now. I can only say keep it on the track.

I will no longer race on the street. Period! Its not worth the risk. I will only race at the track. With my brother being a Phoenix cop, I know that there are too many unknowns out there. For one, there are a TON of unmarked cars that look like normal cars roaming the streets. They are looking for drag racing only, then they either call in for a marked unit, or pull them over. Also, I cannot afford to have my license suspended, my car impounded, nor the rediculous fines they are charging now for street racing. Also, what happens if someone loses it and ends up like the cobra and the SS that were all over the news and Forums a couple weeks ago? Both parties will be sued up the ass in civil court. Plus, some poor family lost thier son. I've done it before now realized how stupid and selfish I was. Never again. I'll dial in the boost controller for a conservative amount of boost and enjoy 11.50 consistant ET racing at the track. My car has already seen 131 traps with the KB combo (no spray either). So I can only imagine what this car will do with the Turbo and Spray combo. "I will let it all out at the track rental". Even if its just once, I guarantee you I will run 23psi and spray out of the hole. Gene

50 BMG
09-25-06, 08:40 PM
Also, what happens if someone loses it and ends up like the cobra and the SS that were all over the news and Forums a couple weeks ago?

I missed that. Got a link?

AZSonicSnake
09-25-06, 09:25 PM
dan- that race is a little far homie. i just started a new job, and a cross country trip would most definetly not help my new employment. unless you have the room for another parts guy. ;)

otherwise, i agree, i need to get my booty out to that track. just want some loose ends tied up, and i will be. and after my cars next trip to your place, it will be. ;)

Gene
09-26-06, 01:14 PM
I missed that. Got a link?
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319770&highlight=wreck

Thast just one of many. The news video is still up if you click on the link in the first post.

Ethan@S3M
09-26-06, 04:20 PM

No one said anything about street racing. The event Dan is talking about is going to be held at Maple Grove raceway. It should be interesting.

Gene
09-26-06, 06:51 PM
No one said anything about street racing. The event Dan is talking about is going to be held at Maple Grove raceway. It should be interesting.

Your right. Your always right bro!

Ethan@S3M
09-26-06, 08:08 PM
I know thanks.

Gene
09-26-06, 08:18 PM
I know thanks.

Call me you cock-knocker, we want to know about the baby.