PDA

View Full Version : MGW shifter installed

scooter3
04-03-10, 02:06 PM
Just got done installing my new MGW shifter and all I can say is....OMG!!! This thing is nice. Took me a few hours, because I ended up changing my trans fluid while I was at it. I ordered the dust boot from MGW along with Cobra Bobs gasket kit so I would not have to use the gasket sealer. All in all the install was pretty painless. Getting the old shifter out was a hassle, but with a little force it popped right off. Also trying to get the dust boot on over the new shifter took a while. The shifts are precise and very short. No more hunting for 3rd or reverse. So for anyone on the fence about getting this shifter. Get off and go get one, you won't regret it.

azspeed
04-03-10, 08:14 PM
+1 on the MGW. I dumped the stock one on my Shelby....too "notchy" The MGW is super smooth. I also bought the classic black shift ball. Very nice as well. I can't comment on the install, as I had the dealer do it.

sn95
04-08-10, 07:45 PM
Everyone that has every driven my car has ended up buying the mgw after using mine nice smooth shifts way better than tri-ax

BurnTire
04-09-10, 01:16 AM
Everyone that has every driven my car has ended up buying the mgw after using mine nice smooth shifts way better than tri-ax
Yep I went tri-ax to MGW when I had the 6-speed.