PDA

View Full Version : 2011 5.0 Ford Info

BurnTire
04-03-10, 06:24 PM

Jim James
06-19-12, 03:16 PM
Thanks for this article. Very informative, bit no mention of any trouble with the shifting of the transmission though. I am in negotiations for a 2011 GT, but after reading several posts here on the forum, I'm getting very leery of the 6 speed transmission and the troubles shifting from 1st to 2nd. I'm beginning to cool my heels somewhat after reading about this transmission 1st to 2nd, 1st to 4th, 2nd gear lock out hassle. Argh!

Rick Shopmier
06-20-12, 11:52 AM
I share your concerns about the transmissions, I have a BOSS 302 and read as much as I can on the tranny issues. So far I have had no problems, but I did the tsb for lighter gear oil and installed a Steeda Shifter Mount ($ 80), this tightens the shifter for better linkage allignment and notice very little gear noise. The car pulls strong. I would not fear getting a new Mustang, the rest of the car is great.

Blackmagic1
06-20-12, 10:31 PM
So far so good with my 2013. I did order a MGW shifter for it.

Wharf Rat
06-20-12, 11:11 PM
Mine's been fine so far and I've beat the mortal shit out of it (many 5-6k clutch dumps on DRs). It's shifted great and has been quiet since day one. I finally broke down and put a Steeda shifter on it this spring and will hopefully get around to doing the bushing someday soon.

IansBAJ
06-20-12, 11:33 PM
Uh oh you're doing you're doing your homework! Do you think you can wait for the 50th stang?

BurnTire
06-21-12, 08:57 AM
If I was buying a new one I would go with the auto and do a Circle D converter. The auto is a very strong tranny. Some have gone into the 9s on the stock auto with a new converter.

Jacostang
06-21-12, 07:12 PM
Dont shoot me but my car is just years old with 3800 miles with no issues... I am going to take it and have the lighter oil put in just to be safe, but no issues.. Knockin on wood right now, but if its goin to happen let it happen before the warrantee runs out...:mrgreen: