PDA

View Full Version : Pulling right...

Tac2cul
09-28-06, 11:25 AM
Hey all..... ever since i bought the stang shes pulled right..

Alignment shops says its within specs....

What i have...

01 GT with Eibach pro kit and Eibach Anti roll kit with 18" 2000 Cobra R rims no cast/camber plates ( have some just havent put em on) no bump steer kit installed but may get one in the future. This doesnt happen when i hit a bump either...she just goes right period....

Its not a slight pull i let go and she goes right pretty bad no matter what road on im...groved or not...

Heres what i checked...

Rims/Tires... Rims/Tires have been rotated and still same issue.(new tires)
Front wheel bearins seem tight no movement either way.... Also at 55 i have a wobble in the steering wheel but goes away at higher speeds (rotation of tires doesnt help)

heres the specs from the last alignment shop they did say i needed plates

http://www.tac2cul.net/Front%20Left.xml

think cast/camber plates will fix this?

Also any ideas about the wobble in the wheel at 55?

BurnTire
09-28-06, 02:45 PM
Something is wrong. The wobble is strange. You may want to call Lees Alignment Shop. 602-275-0104. They have experience with lowered mustangs.

Tac2cul
09-28-06, 03:14 PM
Thanks bud..

shop i took it to i have used for years Network Alignment and they have done many a lowered vehicles....

just thought someone with some alignment knowledge could look at the numbers and see if its off enuff it would cause to pull right..

but doesnt hurt to get a 2nd opinion either :2thumbs:

BurnTire
09-28-06, 03:55 PM
The guys from Lees are always at the drag strip and own a few mustangs. Give them a call maybe you could email the log to them and see what they have to say.

bluepony
09-28-06, 04:22 PM
Just a hunch, but you might take a look at your rack bushings.

Tac2cul
09-28-06, 04:37 PM
Thanks guys for your thoughts and suggestions

ive thought about the rack bushings but never checked em out and now winter is coming im more inclined to get all the bugs worked out of the GT

50 BMG
09-28-06, 05:58 PM
Are you the original owner?

Tac2cul
09-28-06, 06:17 PM
Are you the original owner?

nope

pro kit and rims were on it b4 i bought it i added anti roll and new tires

the car did it when i bought it.... thought it was the tires..were pretty crappy so i bought new ones a month after i bought it and have just delt with it

50 BMG
09-29-06, 07:56 AM
nope

pro kit and rims were on it b4 i bought it i added anti roll and new tires

Car ever been wrecked?

Tac2cul
09-29-06, 08:57 AM
according to carfax....nope

Viper_ed
09-29-06, 09:54 AM
Could be a bad tire that could cause that as well like a broken belt. Check the balance on the tires since it's easy enough. Does it do it on all roads? Sometimes with a wide tire it will pull just from groves that get worn in the road from normal traffic. I know my Viper was terrible with alo=most 5 feet of tires under it.

Tac2cul
09-29-06, 10:25 AM
ive tried rotating tires all round still doesnt help

all roads no matter what....

it follows the grooves in da road when they are there but when not, still goes right...

Dalamar
10-01-06, 12:33 PM
maybe som slop in the steering joint or rack bushings.

Is there a bumpsteer on there?

Since you say it wonders a bit, I'd check for slop first.

For the pulling right, once things are tight, have them adjust the toe-in.

Tac2cul
10-01-06, 01:38 PM
no slop at all in the steering that i can feel and no bump steer installed

im moving this week so once im moved into my house i can get everything checked out well

thanks again everyone

Tac2cul
10-23-06, 02:48 PM
welp i found my wobble....

was a loose lower passenger side strut bolt. Tightened that up and checked the rest of the bolts and took it for a spin and that seemed to fix the shake...

I also had a squeek in the rear which developed in the last few months

That turned out to be a loose passenger side bolt for the LCA. Tightened that up and squeek went away. Also had the rear sway bar slightly hitting the borla exhaust so when i hit a decent sized bump it would hit the exhaust and produce a very annoying sound.

Fixed all dat crap and made sure everything else was tight (bump stop bracket on top of pig was loose as well)

Installed my aftermarket oil gauge sensor along with my fuel pressure sensor

Now to get the pullin right fixed...

Oh yeah 1 more thing that has me worried. Car fax shows no accidents but after fixing the LCA bolt and havin a good look around i found some shitty ass welding on the upper passenger side control arm bracket that connects to the body and then painted over black. Something happened there where it tore and they rewelded it or something.......

i guess might be time to take it to a body shop to see if somethin is amiss...

Dan
10-23-06, 03:40 PM
try cross rotating the tires (even if it means running one backwards just to see if that is the problem) and see if it the pull goes away if so it would be the tires

Tac2cul
10-23-06, 03:47 PM
thanks Dan

did u get my PM?