PDA

View Full Version : cams and emissions

scooter3
05-10-10, 09:14 PM
I have been looking into cams, but I am concerned about passing emissions. Can anyone tell me if this will be an issue? If so I may not even attempt it and go another route.

05mustangman
05-11-10, 03:16 AM
You should not have a problem with emissions. you will still be running your cats and your car is still new so i dont believe they would put the sniffer in the tailpipe. As long as all your monitors are being run and your check engine light is not on, you shouldnt have a problem passing emissions.

scooter3
05-11-10, 03:20 AM
You should not have a problem with emissions. you will still be running your cats and your car is still new so i dont believe they would put the sniffer in the tailpipe. As long as all your monitors are being run and your check engine light is not on, you shouldnt have a problem passing emissions.

Good, I was a little concerned with that. Thanks for the reply.

Wharf Rat
05-11-10, 08:46 AM
How long till I gotta get my 07 tested?

I have long tubes (with cats) and cams and am not optimistic about my odds with a sniffer. I don't have a Check Engine Light but my traction control and low tire pressure light are always on. Do they care about those, too.

scooter3
05-11-10, 08:50 AM
How long till I gotta get my 07 tested?

I have long tubes (with cats) and cams and am not optimistic about my odds with a sniffer. I don't have a Check Engine Light but my traction control and low tire pressure light are always on. Do they care about those, too.

I think you have 5 years before you have to get yours tested.

05mustangman
05-11-10, 06:43 PM
yea i believe it is 5 years. i got longtubes and high flow cats on the gt500 and it will pass no problem. you should be good too.