PDA

View Full Version : Ram Power Grip HD Impressions

BurnTire
10-07-06, 08:26 PM
I took my Ram Power Grip HD Clutch and Ram Billet Steel Flywheel out for a test ride today.

The setup has very nice street manners. The clutch pedal is lighter than the stock setup.

There is Zero Chatter. :2thumbs:

Lucafu1
10-08-06, 01:58 AM
glad you like it. once it starts to wear in and you drive it on the street it will chatter a bit. the hotter it gets the more it holds =)

vicious781
10-08-06, 02:31 AM
No kidding man!

Viper_ed
10-08-06, 04:28 PM
I like mine so far. Going to see how much punishment I can give it at the track next Saturday.

Ratt Fink
10-08-06, 06:45 PM
Good deal, Jeff !
Looks like things are coming together for sure.

BurnTire
10-09-06, 04:28 AM
Good deal, Jeff !
Looks like things are coming together for sure.

Things are going well. The roll bar will be done soon.
I have to decide what I am going to do on the rear end.
The stock IRS will not last long the way I like to launch at the track.
I guess I need to do a lower pulley also. 17 PSI just doesn't feel fast anymore. LOL

Ratt Fink
10-09-06, 08:28 PM
Oh, yeah, you NEED a lower pulley ! :thmbsup:

You can make the IRS live, it only takes $$$ !

BurnTire
10-10-06, 03:40 AM
Oh, yeah, you NEED a lower pulley ! :thmbsup:

You can make the IRS live, it only takes $$$ !

And a good solid setup takes more $$$. LOL

Gene
10-10-06, 07:15 AM
And a good solid setup takes more $$$. LOL

Find someone that will trade that has already built theirs and also has a decent suspension and exhaust. I did, and have less than 800 in my solid. I would have had less, but the first guy who installed them fuged them up. So I had to send it over to svc and buy a whole new bearing kit along with new gears. Damn that burns me up still and its been almost a year. I also bent my strange 31 spline axles on a nitrous pass LOL!. I would have snapped them if I were on slicks. So go with superior since they offer a 10 year replacement waranty.

BurnTire
10-10-06, 02:45 PM
I want 9" ends on my solid. I don't care to be the one who loses an axle. It is hard to find anyone with that setup. I will do moser or superior axles. DTS makes brackets that allow the use of the cobra brakes.

Find someone that will trade that has already built theirs and also has a decent suspension and exhaust. I did, and have less than 800 in my solid. I would have had less, but the first guy who installed them fuged them up. So I had to send it over to svc and buy a whole new bearing kit along with new gears. Damn that burns me up still and its been almost a year. I also bent my strange 31 spline axles on a nitrous pass LOL!. I would have snapped them if I were on slicks. So go with superior since they offer a 10 year replacement waranty.

Venomous Bite
10-10-06, 03:52 PM
I want 9" ends on my solid. I don't care to be the one who loses an axle. It is hard to find anyone with that setup. I will do moser or superior axles. DTS makes brackets that allow the use of the cobra brakes.
I heard that you can't run a 15 inch wheel with the cobra brakes is this true?

BurnTire
10-10-06, 03:56 PM
I heard that you can't run a 15 inch wheel with the cobra brakes is this true?

That is true.

SONIC03SNAKE
10-10-06, 04:17 PM
That is true.
Not totally true, you can put a 15 X 8 with the right offset on an IRS car.

BurnTire
10-10-06, 04:31 PM
Well what do I know.

u1arunit
10-10-06, 08:24 PM
Well what do I know.

ahem.. Please consult with your technical advisor before offering assistance in the future. :laughing1:

P Machy
10-10-06, 08:26 PM
Get her to the track already :bounce:

Funny, but is it just me or is it normal that a new clutch feels feather lite, but after a few passes it gets a bit stiff ?

BurnTire
10-11-06, 02:50 AM
Get her to the track already :bounce:

Funny, but is it just me or is it normal that a new clutch feels feather lite, but after a few passes it gets a bit stiff ?

Hey P
I will be to the track soon.

AZSonicSnake
10-11-06, 06:38 PM
when are ya going? i wanna watch...:2thumbs:

BurnTire
10-11-06, 07:08 PM
Nov 19th for sure.