PDA

View Full Version : 98 GT motor mounts

phatkat
06-07-10, 09:10 PM
I'm buying a '98 GT that the motor is skewed sideways in!! Pass. side mount is definitely collapsed.
What's a good motor mount that's not a solid mount for this car, and how much of a biotch is it to replace??

BurnTire
06-07-10, 09:17 PM
I would just go with a stocker unless you plan to make crazy power.

phatkat
06-07-10, 09:19 PM
...no more than about 300 - 325 RWHP

BurnTire
06-07-10, 09:21 PM
Stock would be fine. I run stockers in mine at 625 RWHP.

phatkat
06-07-10, 09:56 PM
Cool! Thanx!!!

Mr. Austin
06-09-10, 01:04 AM
Not to promote my store but i know my store (Checker Auto) Has them Usually in stock. I sold a set yesterday and these are not so hard to change out. Make sure you have clearance to lift the motor a couple inches. Meaning fuel lines and electrical wires. Easiest way is to find someone with a car lift and put her up in the air. Take a jack and lift the motor using a block of wood and a towel on the oil pan and if it as bad as you say you should be able to do this somewhat easy since none of the mounts will be holding it in place. After that it's a few bolts! I did this and a tranny mount with a cross over the sits above 2 headers. Mine was a PAIN! I have to work around the headers and had the exhaust pipes hangin down a foot on another shop jack. Wasnt fun and next time will just take header's off and do it right :P. Im 98% sure this is how yours is inserted correct if wrong!

phatkat
06-09-10, 01:17 AM
Cool! I'm friendly with the people at the Checker by me. Sounds like a sweaty afternoon job is coming up! :P