PDA

View Full Version : Amateur night at the Drags

HIKER
10-14-06, 02:31 PM
Last night was our Mustang club's annual drag night at Firebird Intl' Raceway. Good turn out. Nice variety of cars. A couple pro stock's that where pretty awesome. Dave had was flippin the burgs and dogs.
The big problem last night was too many street cars driving thru the water box right up to the line with wet tires. Pure inexperiance. Even spinning wet street tires will still cause loss of traction. There was one Dodge pickup there that would spin his tires for 300 yds off the lines and then come back and complain the track is too wet. Some one needed to slap that guy. An 05' GTO lost control half track and slammed the wall due to loss of traction. The track was that wet.... If you have a street car with street tires, stay out of the water box.
This also should of been annouced over the PA at the track for all drivers. A letter has been sent.

BurnTire
10-14-06, 05:41 PM
That is why they call it fire slick.

RockysMom
10-14-06, 06:22 PM
I so totally enjoyed myself there last night, NO I didnt take rocky out, I saw how bad some did and didnt want to look like a dork cause I was scared, yea im a chicken, but I didnt want to end up in the wall either, better to be safe than sorry. But it was cool:2thumbs:

AZSonicSnake
10-14-06, 08:59 PM
sounds like a good time other than the wet track. i wanted to go, but i do not have my car finished up to have it on the track yet, as i still need to get battle boxes...

BurnTire
10-14-06, 09:18 PM
Hopefully our day at speedworld will be a better event.

RockysMom
10-14-06, 09:24 PM
Not to get off thread, but Jeff can you give directions to Speedworld for me please, I have no clue where that is, and I signed up to watch. Tanks T

BurnTire
10-14-06, 09:27 PM
Not to get off thread, but Jeff can you give directions to Speedworld for me please, I have no clue where that is, and I signed up to watch. Tanks T

Here you go.
http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/directions.htm

RockysMom
10-14-06, 09:30 PM
Here you go.
http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/directions.htm

Thanks, wow thats far, good thing its on a sunday ill be out there all day lol

BurnTire
10-14-06, 09:32 PM
Yea it is a haul for me also.

RockysMom
10-14-06, 09:34 PM
Yea it is a haul for me also.
Well hey you live in Mesa, maybe if you dont mind I could follow you? That would be cool:awsome:

BurnTire
10-14-06, 09:44 PM
Yea I am on the north side of power road. You could ride out with April in the truck if you want.

RockysMom
10-14-06, 09:48 PM
Yea I am on the north side of power road. You could ride out with April in the truck if you want.
Im off power and baseline here

RockysMom
10-14-06, 09:56 PM
I added a couple pics from last night in the gallery, Sorry there a little fuzzy but it was very misty and windy.

Torchmach
10-14-06, 10:37 PM
I added a couple pics from last night in the gallery, Sorry there a little fuzzy but it was very misty and windy.

A little fuzzy!!!! Hey I represent that!!! Thanks for taking, and posting the pics, Trish. It was fun at Firebird, to bad the weather did not hold off a little longer. Speedworld next Month will be even better! The track is faster, it will be cooler, and day time!

RockysMom
10-14-06, 11:26 PM
No prob D, I had a blast, Too bad I couldnt have thought of going down tot he start line sooner, I would have gotten more pics Great job there torchy :2thumbs:

Jacostang
10-14-06, 11:52 PM
Hopefully our day at speedworld will be a better event.

Hey Jeff, if you can give me a head count about the week before so I know haw much food to bring!!!!

BurnTire
10-15-06, 12:42 AM
Hey Jeff, if you can give me a head count about the week before so I know haw much food to bring!!!!

Will Do.

Torchmach
10-15-06, 11:56 AM
No prob D, I had a blast, Too bad I couldnt have thought of going down tot he start line sooner, I would have gotten more pics Great job there torchy :2thumbs:
Thanks Trish.........Are we a fun Club or what??????? You can take lots of nice pics at Speedword next month!

People will not be asking if we are a "Bitchy Club" much longer!

50 BMG
10-15-06, 12:03 PM
Last night was our Mustang club's annual drag night at Firebird Intl' Raceway. Good turn out. Nice variety of cars. A couple pro stock's that where pretty awesome. Dave had was flippin the burgs and dogs.
The big problem last night was too many street cars driving thru the water box right up to the line with wet tires. Pure inexperiance. Even spinning wet street tires will still cause loss of traction. There was one Dodge pickup there that would spin his tires for 300 yds off the lines and then come back and complain the track is too wet. Some one needed to slap that guy. An 05' GTO lost control half track and slammed the wall due to loss of traction. The track was that wet.... If you have a street car with street tires, stay out of the water box.
This also should of been annouced over the PA at the track for all drivers. A letter has been sent.

Typical Firebird...

I don't race there anymore on public nights (which means never again unless streetscene or this place does a rental).

BurnTire
10-15-06, 12:07 PM
Firebird is good on some nights and stinks on others.
I will be there on the national time trial weekend with my car.
That is the weekend that all the top fuel teams test.
The track will be sticky.
We can run in the sportsmen test sessions.

Anyone else up for it?

HIKER
10-15-06, 04:28 PM
Well....it was just a few the made things bad or dangerous that night. Years ago when I raced bikes out there they used to annouce that street cars did not need to go thru the water box and even talked to drivers that did and didn't properly spin there tires. The crew working there that night didn't seem to care very much.

I'd hate to be the guy in the GTO that wrecked and have to explain to my insurance company about what happened.....ouch

50 BMG
10-15-06, 05:30 PM
I'd hate to be the guy in the GTO that wrecked and have to explain to my insurance company about what happened.....ouch

:z7shysterical:

99% chance he ain't getting covered. None of the major carriers will cover drag racing with a standard policy; I've called and asked.

ASUSMC
10-16-06, 10:23 AM
What day exactly is the track day? I am going and I hope to have a Catback on there by that time.

BurnTire
10-16-06, 11:08 AM
What day exactly is the track day? I am going and I hope to have a Catback on there by that time.

Nov 19th

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938

ASUSMC
10-16-06, 11:09 AM
I already signed up or should have but i just wanted to confirm the day so I can get it off.