PDA

View Full Version : vibration help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katmandoo
07-15-10, 10:03 PM
Hello i need some help or recomendations of good repair place. My 68 mustang has a bad vibration at about 65 mph. kind of goes away at 70 but comes and goes between 60 and 70. I have replaced so far shocks, transmission mount, had the wheels ballanced, and yesterday i brought original drive shaft to mesa driveshaft to balance and they informed me that the rubber seal was bad and slipping and i needed a new one. I dropped 280.00 on new one hoping that would solve and still vibrates same. What else should i check? I would like to get front looked at to rule out any issues but do not know a good place to take that wont try and rake me over. I do not think it is the rear bearings but guess could be. any ideas would be appreciated,

BurnTire
07-15-10, 10:29 PM
Do you feel the vibration in the seat of your pants or in the steering wheel?

You could rotate the drive shaft 90 or 180 degrees depending on the type of mount you have on the rear end.

katmandoo
07-15-10, 10:36 PM
its a new drive shaft would that make difference? and the its had to tell where vibration is, its like whole car doors rattel, like the whole frame is shaking. so do i just disconect the drive shaft and spin it two the next two u joints?

BurnTire
07-15-10, 11:21 PM
its a new drive shaft would that make difference? and the its had to tell where vibration is, its like whole car doors rattel, like the whole frame is shaking. so do i just disconnect the drive shaft and spin it two the next two u joints? Yes mark the spot you have the drive shaft now then rotate it and see if it helps. Jack the car up and check for excessive play in the wheel bearings. Does the car vibrate during acceleration, cruise and deceleration at the vibration speed? Did this issue just occur all of a sudden?

trucker
07-16-10, 12:51 AM
I have a question for you does this car have a c4 tranny ?

katmandoo
07-16-10, 06:17 PM
yes car has c-4 its a vibration that happens when over 60 but will stop and start, it rattles my doors the most im wondering if the door jams are to loose and rattle to easy at times? i have orginal tires and rims im going to switch out and try to see if that makes a difference,

katmandoo
07-16-10, 11:30 PM
i put orginal rims and tires on (pizza cutters ) and drives smooth as can be. so i guess balance was a waste of money at big o tire,

BurnTire
07-16-10, 11:53 PM
Glad you got it figured out.

05mustangman
07-17-10, 01:49 AM
Nice glad it was nothing too serious!