PDA

View Full Version : ABS Light On... HELP

BOOMSHAKALAKA
07-26-10, 08:29 PM
So my ABS light keeps going on and off. Sometimes when I let off the brake, the brake pedal "thumps" like it should when something is wrong with the ABS I assume. It happens more often when I turn and brake at the same time. I took it in to our family mechanic today and he couldn't pull any codes (the light went away, figures..) He says he thinks it may be the hydro-boost but isn't sure. He also said a power steering flush may help because it's all one unit? IDK...that's why I'm asking for help! Thank you!

BurnTire
07-26-10, 10:48 PM
Are you front and rear tires the same height? Power steering and ABS are different units.

SloSVO
07-27-10, 12:10 AM
That system should store codes.. maybe he needs a better reader.. if you were closer I could throw my ngs on it.. and see what we get.. I doubt the hydro is involved..if the pedal is pulsating the ABS is activating...

trucker
07-27-10, 02:40 AM
:veryhappy: pull the bulb hope for the best

BOOMSHAKALAKA
07-27-10, 09:23 AM
I'm running 18x9 front and rear. He thinks it has to do with hitting something when I turn. Any recommendations I guess where I take it?

BOOMSHAKALAKA
07-27-10, 09:35 AM
Could it be just a bad sensor?

SloSVO
07-27-10, 10:14 AM
could be...need to put a scanner on it..then you can see the pids and verify whats going on..

IMSHAKN
07-28-10, 01:30 AM
Sean, a fluid flush may help if your fluid looks all dark and to help eliminate any air that may be in the system (I'd do this more out of the fact that your car has a lot of miles on it now and a flush wouldn't hurt if you haven't done it in the last couple years. Doubt it'll cure anything though.

Anyways, is the peddle pulsing when the ABS light comes on or is it just a clunking sound you are are getting? Any more descriptions may help trace the issue down so if there's anything you can think of, post it up. Do you hear any noises out of the ordinary? Shoot me a text tomorrow if you want and I'll also look through my factory service manual if you'd like.

BOOMSHAKALAKA
07-28-10, 04:11 PM
Thanks Andrew. Took it to Ford this morning because I guess they are the only ones that can pull that specific code. Had a bad rear wheel sensor.