PDA

View Full Version : Stereo mod Q's

phatkat
07-27-10, 05:55 PM
Hi all!

I'm FINALLY picking up my 98 GT next week! (YAY!)
First mod is going to me a Nakamichi deck, JL Audio subs and MB Quart speakers...

Question is, the car has the Mach 460 system in it (with 4 blown speakers in it at least), and sounds like crap. When I install the new system, is it better/easier to: bypass the factory amps, use the amps, or hardwire the speakers directly to the stereo??

I'm obviously not cheaping out here, and want the cleanest sound!

If I were to bypass the factory amps, anyone know how to wire that?

El Jefe
07-28-10, 12:26 PM
First mod is going to me a Nakamichi deck,
A what? haha. Model?

I would rip everything out and start fresh....600W multi channel amps arent expensive. Better more reliable power and weight reduction

phatkat
07-28-10, 12:46 PM
Nakamichi CD500 CD deck with a 24 bit D/A decoder 47W X4 (2006 compliant), 4V pre-outs, frequency response 15 - 30,000, THD 0.001%, CD S/N ratio 115db, dynamic range better than 98 db.
Anything else you need! :P
Nakamichi was the shit way before all the new fad companies came along. I trust it.

Nucworker
01-03-11, 11:08 PM
Crutchfield is a good source for info. I have an 01 Roush that I will be doing a system in soon. So far I know that the door and rear deck all have 6x8s with separate tweeters. I'm going with the old school m-6 polk momo's. The tweeter is the perfect size if you use the surface mount cup. I'll have to use adapters for the 6.5" door/rear deck speakers.

If you are interested, I was trying to piece together an all Nak systems at one time and still have several items left. 2 amps, 2-10s, 2-12s and a set of 6.5 coaxial's and 6x9 coxial's.

Just Pm me and we can talk if you want.

Later, Patrick