PDA

View Full Version : Ratt One Racin' = some 9's !!

Ratt Fink
10-16-06, 09:58 PM
OK, Arizona boys, I got some vids from last Friday's test n tune session at Houston Raceway Park. Ratt I has been setting in the garage with new tires since early September while I had to deal with a giant shutdown at the plant where I work.

She was ready to go !

Ratt Fink had a slow right foot on the 3-4 shift on the first pass, and wound up at 10.037. But, we got our stuff together for a 9.89 on the next pass, and then a 9.97 short-shifting pass after being warned to slow down. Here ya go:

10.037 >> YouTube - 10-13-06 Ratt I does 10.037 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeCv59iIkyg)

9.89 >>> YouTube - 10-13-06 Ratt I runs 9.89 @ 138.33 mph !! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P2_-HnaEpc)

9.97 >>> YouTube - 10-13-06 Ratt I goes 9.97 @ 138.56 mph (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZJpLIjH-jw)

Gene
10-16-06, 10:40 PM
OK, Arizona boys, I got some vids from last Friday's test n tune session at Houston Raceway Park. Ratt I has been setting in the garage with new tires since early September while I had to deal with a giant shutdown at the plant where I work.

She was ready to go !

Ratt Fink had a slow right foot on the 3-4 shift on the first pass, and wound up at 10.083. But, we got our stuff together for a 9.89 on the next pass, and then a 9.97 short-shifting pass after being warned to slow down. Here ya go:

10.083 >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeCv59iIkyg

9.89 >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4Xxe8WDEs

9.97 >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZJpLIjH-jw

Congrats dude. You deserve it. Were you smoking a cigar on those runs?:awsome:

AZSonicSnake
10-16-06, 10:41 PM
damn. some impressive runs there mister. i only hope to run that good someday...

BurnTire
10-17-06, 12:50 AM
Nice runs James.
How much boost are you running on that twin screw?

P Machy
10-17-06, 07:58 PM
:laughing1: thats sweet! Must of had a good celebration after it? :bounce:

Congrats on the dedication to HIT IT!

Ratt Fink
10-17-06, 07:59 PM
Congrats dude. You deserve it. Were you smoking a cigar on those runs?:awsome:

No, I just chew on them !! And, thanks !!

Ratt Fink
10-17-06, 08:00 PM
damn. some impressive runs there mister. i only hope to run that good someday...

Thanks ! You can do it, since you have Sonic Blue !!

P Machy
10-17-06, 08:00 PM
BTW: did 4th gear slip or something on the 10.0 run?

Ratt Fink
10-17-06, 08:02 PM
Nice runs James.
How much boost are you running on that twin screw?

She has an 8 lb lower and a 3.1 upper, which should be 25 psi. The boost gauge has bumped up to 25 on a few passes lately. You can see it in some of my in-car vids.

Ratt Fink
10-17-06, 08:06 PM
BTW: did 4th gear slip or something on the 10.0 run?

Actually, I have a pinched nerve, which almost kept me from racing Friday night. But, being a stubborn, tuff, old boot I just had to go racing. On that pass, the ole left leg could not do the trick and was slow on the clutch pedal on the 3-4 shift. Since the right foot stays down, the rpms started zinging up before I got the clutch back out. You can hear it as it finally grabbed... pretty well wasted a possible 9 sec pass right there.

Ratt Fink
10-17-06, 08:08 PM
:laughing1: thats sweet! Must of had a good celebration after it? :bounce:

Congrats on the dedication to HIT IT!

Went to Hooters with the boys from Strictly Performance and celebrated just a tad :icon_biggrin:

P Machy
10-17-06, 08:10 PM
Actually, I have a pinched nerve, which almost kept me from racing Friday night. But, being a stubborn, tuff, old boot I just had to go racing. On that pass, the ole left leg could not do the trick and was slow on the clutch pedal on the 3-4 shift. Since the right foot stays down, the rpms started zinging up before I got the clutch back out. You can hear it as it finally grabbed... pretty well wasted a possible 9 sec pass right there.
Ouch...well, I bet that them two 9 sec passes made up for that!

Congrats Again!!! You shift like an animal! :bowdown:

P Machy
10-17-06, 08:10 PM
Went to Hooters with the boys from Strictly Performance and celebrated just a tad :icon_biggrin:
Go back and have some on me :Bucktooth:

Ratt Fink
10-17-06, 08:20 PM
On this pass, you can see that I like ta chew my cigars (Philies Blunt Chocolate Aroma !) and you can see that the boost gauge (Autometer) is touching on 25 psi at the end of the run !!

YouTube - Ratt I goes 10.081 on 9-9-06 at HRP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NwoIx3dsEM)

Ratt Fink
10-17-06, 08:25 PM
Ouch...well, I bet that them two 9 sec passes made up for that!

Congrats Again!!! You shift like an animal! :bowdown:

Yep, I was able to hobble around with a big-ass smile on my face !
Ya gotta drive it like ya stole it to get the good outta the car ! Actually, I think Ratt I really likes the pounding ! :laughing:

A couple of beers at Hooters helped me forget the pain. Or, maybe it was lookin at the babes that helped with that ?!!

P Machy
10-17-06, 10:51 PM
Both :2thumbs:

LOL...yeah, that one was a cool 1. :biggrin:

So, what got you started in this madness of searching for LOW ET's?

Ratt Fink
10-17-06, 11:07 PM
Both :2thumbs:

LOL...yeah, that one was a cool 1. :biggrin:

So, what got you started in this madness of searching for LOW ET's?

Just been slowly improving the performance over the last 4 years from a stock 12.60 to where she is now, which kept it interesting and fun. Finishing off my racing career that got cut short when I got married and had kids -- now, both are 25 and 26 yrs old, and I am having fun.

P Machy
10-18-06, 08:21 PM
Just been slowly improving the performance over the last 4 years from a stock 12.60 to where she is now, which kept it interesting and fun. Finishing off my racing career that got cut short when I got married and had kids -- now, both are 25 and 26 yrs old, and I am having fun.
Dang... (censored) :Bucktooth:

Well, 9's is one heck of an achievement and thanks for them ride(s) :bounce: . Those in car vids felt like we are in the back seat!!!

So whats next?

I am personally having a hard time in considering getting a roll bar, so my personal ride down the 1320' with the termee seems done...still was being under the 11.5 rule in front of them NHRA Officials :sticktonge: ....that I'll never forget .

Ratt Fink
10-18-06, 09:56 PM
Dang... (censored) :Bucktooth:

Well, 9's is one heck of an achievement and thanks for them ride(s) :bounce: . Those in car vids felt like we are in the back seat!!!

So whats next?

I am personally having a hard time in considering getting a roll bar, so my personal ride down the 1320' with the termee seems done...still was being under the 11.5 rule in front of them NHRA Officials :sticktonge: ....that I'll never forget .

Thanks... and you're welcome !! I will finish my racing soon, and likely sell the car, the matching F250, and the trailer and go back to being an ole geeze. Except, I will be able to say "I did it" !!

I understand the issue of the roll bar. It is a tough part to swallow.
You have to do what suits YOU, not what someone else thinks.

P Machy
10-19-06, 12:14 AM
lol....nah, I DO want a bar....but the madness would never stops for me.

Mid 11's....every one seems to have those. YOU can say you did 9's!!!! :bowdown: That is bad ass!

BurnTire
10-19-06, 01:14 AM
Thanks... and you're welcome !! I will finish my racing soon, and likely sell the car, the matching F250, and the trailer and go back to being an ole geeze. Except, I will be able to say "I did it" !!

I understand the issue of the roll bar. It is a tough part to swallow.
You have to do what suits YOU, not what someone else thinks.

Ratt stop racing?
No way

MinGry03
10-19-06, 10:44 AM
Nice runs.....:2thumbs:

Ratt Fink
10-19-06, 05:40 PM
lol....nah, I DO want a bar....but the madness would never stops for me.

Mid 11's....every one seems to have those. YOU can say you did 9's!!!! :bowdown: That is bad ass!

And, there is NOTHING bad about mid 11's !! Yep, i did 9's, but after teh car is gone, I might recall a few 8's, or something like that. LOL !!

Ratt Fink
10-19-06, 05:43 PM
Ratt stop racing?
No way

Yes, it will have to come to an end. This is an expensive "hobby" - even when I don't break something, it can easily cost nearly $100 to haul the car to the track and just run test and tune. ($20 to race, $40 worth of C16, and $30-40 worth of deisel for the F250)

BurnTire
10-20-06, 01:22 AM
Yes, it will have to come to an end. This is an expensive "hobby" - even when I don't break something, it can easily cost nearly $100 to haul the car to the track and just run test and tune. ($20 to race, $40 worth of C16, and $30-40 worth of deisel for the F250)

I hear you on the cost.
Feel free to stop by AZ and drop off that trailer. I have a new F-150 to tow the cobra.

Ratt Fink
10-20-06, 11:34 AM
I hear you on the cost.
Feel free to stop by AZ and drop off that trailer. I have a new F-150 to tow the cobra.

LOL... yeah, I'll stop by on the way to the grocery store tonight !