PDA

View Full Version : Cam question

scooter3
08-24-10, 06:44 PM
Been talking to Jim at CMS about cams and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a place to do the install. Looking at Stage 1 so I won't need to switch out the springs, but would like to get the cams degreed and car tuned.

Thanks.

Jodaddy
08-24-10, 10:15 PM
quick question. why you looking at getting cams? I mean if its all about the sound more power to ya but theres not enough of a horse power gain for the money in my opinion. But its up to you take a look into stage three motorsports or psr for install. if you have any questions pm me.

2nd2nunn
08-25-10, 11:21 PM
what kind of car 2v,3v,4v?????? most of the time people do modular cams for the sound. No springs required for the most part gain 15-30rwhp

scooter3
08-26-10, 04:14 AM
what kind of car 2v,3v,4v?????? most of the time people do modular cams for the sound. No springs required for the most part gain 15-30rwhp

2V, 03' GT. I know that there will not be huge gains, so I am ok with the minimal HP gains. It will never be a race car and there will always be someone faster. I am old school and like the sound. Not a big fan of forced injection. Not having to replace the springs is a plus and why I want to stay with the stage 1. Still gives me all around power throughout the power band. The car is sniper tuned so I assume it will need to be tuned. Will be doing all the other bolt ons also. Just looking to have a fun car to drive.