PDA

View Full Version : brakes ???? pads

Nightmare
10-18-06, 10:57 PM
i need to replace my pads on all corners i like to autocross and open track race but i also drive the car on the steet what would be a good all around pad for the front and the rear ?

MinGry03
10-19-06, 10:46 AM
Ask U1ARUNIT.....:2thumbs:

I am still have the stock brake pads..:Bucktooth:

u1arunit
10-19-06, 12:01 PM
Ask U1ARUNIT.....:2thumbs:

I am still have the stock brake pads..:Bucktooth:

I've asked Brian to chime in here as he does lots of on track events and knows how to stop. I only know how to go. lol :laughing1:

Gastrader1
10-19-06, 02:17 PM
I am assuming that you are still using the PBR calipers that came stock on your Cobra. For light open track use and autox the PBR caliper is adequate at best. If you find yourself going to more open track events, you should consider swapping the PBR's for the 00R Brembo calipers. It is a direct bolt on kit. Do not use drilled or slotted rotors, neither is needed and they will crack. I have used stock OE Brembo rotors for years and many serious open track people do the same. You can buy a complete set of OE Brembo rotors for about $225.00/for all four. For open track use, I use Hawk HT-10's on the front and Hawk Blue's on the rear. Street driving and wet track days I use Hawk Ceramic pads. You can use the same pad set-up with the PBR calipers. One of the biggest problems with a heavy fast car is boiling the brake fluid. I bleed my brakes everyday I go on track and I use Motul Blue brake fluid. It is critical to bleed the brakes to make sure you do not experience brake fad. I instruct at 15-20 open track events per year and host 2 track events each year. I hope this helps you.
Good Luck