PDA

View Full Version : Clutch woes

Lucky7
10-02-10, 06:35 AM
I bought a clutch for my car. I think it is referred to as a GT340+ HP something or other. Anyway I have an adjustable quadrant on firewall and it adjusts on clutch fork as well. The clutch is hard to operate. Not daily driveable. If I installed an oem unit and stock cable would it be easier to operate. (I did lube the cable):redface: Or are these clutches. I run 86 mustang GT engine and trans. Is there an inherient issue? or a great fix? I run a stock engine:icon_cool:

BurnTire
10-02-10, 10:20 AM
The stock quadrant will not make it easier to operate. Who makes the clutch? It sounds like it has a very beefy pressure plate.

4Jenna
10-04-10, 09:13 PM
Where/Who is the clutch from?

BurnTire
10-04-10, 10:10 PM
He said it was a King Cobra clutch good for 300HP. I woudn't think that would have a super heavy pp.

IMSHAKN
10-04-10, 10:55 PM
I'll bet that if the clutch feels super stiff in your case that the clutch cable is badly worn and possibly binding. It'll make you think you're driving a car with a much stiffer clutch and no adjustment will really help alleviate that problem. That's my best guess, and for what it's worth I like the cable to be adjustable at the firewall only. Not a fan of adjustable cables.