PDA

View Full Version : Ford Racing Cold Air Kit With Flash Tuner

ShelbysDad
10-26-06, 10:59 PM
Has anyone purchased the Ford Racing cold air kit with the Pro-Cal flash tuner (2005-06 GT)? I am trying to find out if the flash tuner allows the download of the factory tune prior to uploading the Ford Racing tune.

Thanks.

Jacostang
10-27-06, 08:47 AM
Funny, I'm ordering the "Power Pack" today and I will find out from the Tech!

ShelbysDad
10-27-06, 09:55 AM
Funny, I'm ordering the "Power Pack" today and I will find out from the Tech!

I called Ford Racing today and was told that the Pro-Cal flash tuner will download the stock tune and retain it. They also told me that they just released an internal memo a few days ago stating that if a Ford dealer installs the Ford Racing tune, the new car warranty will still be in effect. The 'official' release has not yet been posted on Ford Racing's web site. Once that happens, I will have a dealer do the install. This would be the first CAI and tune that would have no warranty issues. Cool!

MinGry03
10-27-06, 10:15 AM
Just a FYI.....Always have your tune checked to see if it goes lean. My advice, purchase a tune from a reputable tuner. A good tuner can get you extra horse power that may be hidden if the tune is rich. They will also get your car to run strong with fuel and timing curves based upon the modifications to your car.