PDA

View Full Version : Car Show and Road Trip to California

Rick Shopmier
02-02-11, 05:02 PM
I have posed info for Shangri-La Car Show (3/20) and Fabulous Fords Forever at Knotts Berry Farm (4/10) in Buena Park California on www.wildwestmustangsaz.com (http://www.wildwestmustangsaz.com). See the postings or contact me if you have an interest (don't confuse these two shows, you still need to keep your cloths on but I suggest you bring a beach towel to both.) ROAD TRIPS ARE SO KICK ASS! Rick

05mustangman
02-03-11, 01:25 AM
I'm definitely down. For the California show!

05mustangman
02-03-11, 02:48 AM
and can we please go somewhere other than venice beach? somewhere where the cars will be safe. i didnt feel good about parking the car at venice. maybe huntington or somewhere by knotts.

Jacostang
02-03-11, 08:06 AM
Moved Thread.

1966PonyGirl
02-07-11, 01:49 PM
Beach Vote!!! Redondo or Hermosa!! Going to see what I can do to make this!

05mustangman
02-07-11, 05:43 PM
Beach Vote!!! Redondo or Hermosa!! Going to see what I can do to make this!

Huntington beach FTW!

Jacostang
02-07-11, 06:36 PM
Must do a cruise in Saturday night near the ocean for sure! I see folks all time have fires on the beach roasting stuff!

05mustangman
02-07-11, 07:33 PM
Yea I agree. If we go to Hollywood and Peterson museum like last year, we could cruise all the way down to huntington on pacific coast highway when the sun will be starting to go down. That would be awesome!

1966PonyGirl
02-10-11, 09:58 PM
Ok....my left eye is twitching:irked:...STRESSS!:icon_eek:Must...GO TO... A....BEACH!:chair:

05mustangman
02-10-11, 10:49 PM
Party in LA!!!! WWOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!

Rick Shopmier
02-12-11, 09:19 AM
Been from Zuma to Laguna, the best beaches with boardwalks are Venice and Malibu. Most beach parking is dicy on Saturays and most all you can do is kick sand. Of course we can watch 05mustangman surf....I'll bring a camera for that. Leaving earlier on Friday since taking the 66, either drive or trailer. Not really interested in Peterson again this year (did it the last 2 years) but Cars & Coffee in Irvine is still doable. Irvine is also close to the south beaches for sand kicking. Anyone have any suggestions, like a Friday Nite Cruise somewhere. Road Trip!!!

05mustangman
02-12-11, 01:40 PM
oh yes bring a video camera for the surf show! lol. Rick what would you think about doing cars and coffee again and then after that hitting up the wally parks nhra museum and then possibly going to the john force race station? that sounds like it would be a fun day. then after that just go down towards the beaches whatever beach people decide on. as for friday night cruises im not too sure on whats going on out there. but you could check socalcarculture.com prior to going out there to see what would be a good friday cruise. Just post up any ideas you might have and we could see what pops up.

1966PonyGirl
02-12-11, 09:13 PM
Just a quick suggestion for a cruise-in. This place has AMAZING pastrami sandwiches!

http://www.thehat.com/index.htm

Best not be on a diet when going to this place! We can always call a head and let them (or where ever we decide) know we are coming. Maybe see if we can get a discount? eh? I am thinking the closest location is the one in Brea.

05mustangman
02-12-11, 11:55 PM
Theres a Hat in upland and it is pretty good. but what about like a place where there will be a bunch of other cars cruisin in.

1966PonyGirl
02-19-11, 12:07 AM
Maybe a Sonic or In and Out near Knott's?

05mustangman
02-19-11, 01:06 AM
Well theres a Chubbys burger in anaheim that has cruise ins every friday night. check out socalcarculture.com and check out cruise nights.

And i havent been able to find any info for that radisson hotel we stayed at on beach blvd last year. i dont know if their gone or what. but theres a holiday inn just north or the 91 freeway on beach blvd.

Edit: Finally found the info on it. heres the number 714-739-5600
The Radisson is great hotel with very nice rooms and a very nice little restaurant. The rooms rates are pretty decent. The parking lot was nice cause we could just park right out back with reserved parking for us.

heres the link for the hotel http://www.radisson.com/buena-park-hotel-ca-90620/cabuena