PDA

View Full Version : No respect!?

Tom96GT
02-14-11, 06:48 PM
Hi guys,

I have this '96 GT that I bought new, one month after it was born in Dearborn on 12/13/95. (Actually I was born in Dearborn too...lol.)

It has 72K very gentle miles and has been an AZ car since it was delivered to the dealer.

I'm trying to get somebody...ANYbody...to paint my faded rear bumper...and to paintlessly un-ding some minor door dings. The car is pretty pristine except as noted.

I've made calls...and left messages...explaining my situation. No one ever returns my calls.

I went to a collision repair shop today...the same one that I (and my insurance company) spent $3500+ to repair hail damage on my wife's 2009 Chrysler Sebring Limited convertible last October...and was basically told to hit the road ("We don't paint bumpers.").

Does ANYBODY her have a personal recommendation for a good PDR and/or paint shop?

Thanks all.

05mustangman
02-14-11, 07:54 PM
Give Joe Reitz a call at Reitz Restorations. He actually has a cobra in there right now that hes doing some work on. He has been painting and restoring cars since 1967. the number is 623-936-5858. the website is reitzrestorations.com he definitely does great work.

Saleen199
02-15-11, 05:23 AM
Try Claudia at We Fix Ugly Bumpers (wefixuglybumpers.com). 602-509-4910 She painted the front bumper of my Saleen and did a great job. They did this at my house.

Powerful
02-15-11, 10:05 AM
Go to Gerber on Broadway and Alma School. I was doing hail work there and my partner still is. Talk to Brian. He can help you out and Ignacio will fix the door dings with paintless dent repair.

Tom96GT
02-15-11, 10:20 AM
Thanks, all. Much appreciated!

Tom96GT
02-15-11, 11:27 AM
Try Claudia at We Fix Ugly Bumpers (wefixuglybumpers.com). 602-509-4910 She painted the front bumper of my Saleen and did a great job. They did this at my house.

I called Claudia, and she's coming out here to Mesa on Saturday to give me a bumper estimate.

She initially balked at the idea of driving out here to the far East Valley ("We only do work in Scottsdale."), but I told her I got a recommendation here at HPS "from the Saleen guy"--- and that sealed the deal.

That's some juice!

Joel
02-15-11, 11:34 AM
Call Bumper Surgeon at 480-516-3410, talk to Jez. He does awesome work, he does a lot of work for big dealerships....Mercedez, BMW, Jaguar etc. Tell him Joel sent you, he'll hook u up. And by the way he is mobile if you need him to come to you.

Tom96GT
02-15-11, 03:18 PM
Go to Gerber on Broadway and Alma School. I was doing hail work there and my partner still is. Talk to Brian. He can help you out and Ignacio will fix the door dings with paintless dent repair.

Done! Ignacio worked his magic, and it couldn't look any better. Highly recommended!

And thanks again for hooking me up.

Powerful
02-15-11, 04:06 PM
You are welcome! Glad I could help! Next time any of you need PDR let me know and maybe we can set up a day where we do a BBQ and I fix a bunch of dings.