PDA

View Full Version : Machs attending HPS track day

Indy
11-05-06, 11:01 AM
How many of us Mach 1 guys are going to the track day? I'm going for sure, hopefully with alittle trick up my sleeve.

Torchmach
11-05-06, 11:51 AM
Count me in Shane, still haven't given my Car a proper test after the work you did on it. You might want to talk to Ethan about that nirous set up. He had one installed on His Orange Mach, and took it off because He could not get a proper tune for it.

Indy
11-05-06, 12:18 PM
I'm glad to see your going. :awsome:

Devin and I are going to tune it, so that isn't a concern for me. I've built and tune alot of bottle fed ponys and so has he. I'm more concerned with getting it to put the power to the ground. It should be alot of fun even if I only use it at the top half of the track. Thanks for the concern though. Let me know if there is anything you need before the track day, like a good tune hint hint. I know Devin can make your Mach run really strong. He picked me up about 3mph in the traps over the tune I already had, and I was happy with that tune. I was really surprised by how much stronger my Mach felt around town at part throttle not just at WOT.

AZSonicSnake
11-05-06, 12:44 PM
devin sure does know a thing or two about tuning. :2thumbs:

Torchmach
11-05-06, 02:10 PM
I'm glad to see your going. :awsome:
Let me know if there is anything you need before the track day, like a good tune hint hint. I know Devin can make your Mach run really strong.

Thanks, I am going to wait untill after I have the intake ported, before a tune. I want no doubt about clearing the 300 hp mark. First up will be new set of tires though.

DesertMach
11-07-06, 09:19 AM
I was able to change my work schedule, so now I will be there also, I just hope its not to late to get on the list..

ASUSMC
11-07-06, 10:44 AM
I want a Mach and I will be attending... Does that count?

Indy
11-07-06, 01:32 PM
LOL, close enough.

Olivas
11-07-06, 07:30 PM
Representing the azure blue, I should be there.

Torchmach
11-07-06, 08:53 PM
Nice to see that there will be a couple others who are "weaned from the bottle", and will be there. Maybe we can find some Camaro SS guys to play with, hear it is a drivers race, all things being equal.

BurnTire
11-07-06, 08:57 PM
f-body and corvette club will be there.

DesertMach
11-08-06, 06:08 AM
Nice to see that there will be a couple others who are "weaned from the bottle", and will be there. Maybe we can find some Camaro SS guys to play with, hear it is a drivers race, all things being equal.

Unfortunately I wont have new tires by then, so I dont think I will be much compatition for them, It will be all I can do just to get a 13.xx Lol.

But Im sure it will be a great time at the track as always...... :bounce:

TorchedMach1
11-08-06, 05:12 PM
I will be there, and I'll finally have some sticky tires. :laughing1: I'll sure be ready for those Camaros.:2thumbs:

TorchedMach1
11-08-06, 05:17 PM
devin sure does know a thing or two about tuning. :2thumbs:

+1 :smokin:

Indy
11-08-06, 06:29 PM
As far as beating a faster car, if you tree them hard enough off the line you can beat a car thats half a second faster. At FFW during qualifying I ran a 13.4 against a car that ran 12.9 and I won. Because my reaction time was alot better so I was able to cross the finish line before he could get around me. So as long as your quicker off the tree, then they have to catch and get around you for the win. Some guys with a faster car will give up the race if you tree them hard enough and they don't realize they still have a chance. Thats what I love about racing, its not always the faster car that wins. Sometimes its the faster driver.