PDA

View Full Version : The daily driver is turning into a daily driven project.

Blue
03-25-11, 02:41 PM
The transmission is making noises at me, so I'm looking into a t56 setup. Has anyone done one recently that can point me in the right direction as far as where to start looking for parts? Any help or advice is appreciated as always.

SloSVO
03-27-11, 11:09 AM
I did this swap on the mach not too long ago... I had a C4 in the mach and found someone on SVTP that was willing to trade. The only issue, that is minor, is the lack of pcm control of the reverse lock out solenoid.. but there are options.. I still haven't gone either way.. I just muscle it into reverse.. but some guys cut the spring inside the solenoid and some wire in a a power feed from the brake light switch..

the other thing i just remember is if your going to use the cobra driveshaft.. you have to change out the pinion flange on the diff as the cobra uses a truck flange..

Blue
03-27-11, 07:31 PM
I've been looking around on other forums and didn't see anything about the flange. Would the stock ones in the mach and gt be the same?

BurnTire
03-27-11, 08:30 PM
I've been looking around on other forums and didn't see anything about the flange. Would the stock ones in the mach and gt be the same? No the Cobra drive shaft uses the big "truck" cobra pinion flange.

SloSVO
03-28-11, 08:36 PM
I've been looking around on other forums and didn't see anything about the flange. Would the stock ones in the mach and gt be the same?

same exact part.. i believe the other option is to get a hydrid u joint that has the 1330 on one and 1350 on the other.. ( my numbers might be off, since I'm off.. : ))

Blue
03-29-11, 05:31 PM
Ha haaaa nice. As far as the clutch and bell house goes, will the T-56 match up with the one I have, or would I need to get a different one? If so will I be able to keep the clutch I have?

SloSVO
03-29-11, 05:38 PM
i went form a C4 to the t56.. but the t56 has/needs it own bell housing..the clutch you have should work fine. as long as the t56 doesn't have the 26 spline input shaft, ( someone would have had to upgrade it).. your car being a 03 should have the 11 inch clutch..

Blue
03-29-11, 05:51 PM
Sweet :woot2: Thats good because I just replaced the clutch, that'd been a bummer to have to get a new one. So all I'll need is the t56 with its bell house, cobra ds and flange or hybrid ds, and a cobra cross member. Did I forget anything?

SloSVO
03-29-11, 06:21 PM
hmmm, that i can think of....your good.. just the issue with the reverse lockout

Blue
03-29-11, 06:41 PM
I already got that figured out. Replace the internal spring of the solenoid with a lighter one. That way I wont have to give it power or have to apply any "muscle" bam.

SloSVO
03-29-11, 06:52 PM
you know where ot getthe spring from?? or you just saying?

Blue
03-29-11, 07:47 PM
Not sure where to get the spring from but theres a thread on mm and a guy swapped the spring out. I think it has where to get it from. http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/102262-t-3650-t-56-swap-works.html