PDA

View Full Version : Talk me out of this 2000 Mustang GT Vert

JoeT
04-27-11, 01:05 PM
As some know I am hunting a Mustang for my wife, well sort of, this would also feed my desire for another Mustang. All this comes down to cost for me, this has to be cash.

So with that said this GT has 64000 miles for an 11 year old car and is extremely clean. 2 owners but the guy selling has owned it since it had 6500 miles and bought it from Lou Grubb.

So let me know opinions on this. I have every intention of making it look sweeter than stock, just figured there are more here that know about this year than I. This car is 100% stock. Even exhaust is original.

Is there anything I should be looking for, or maybe something Im not thinking about with this car?

All feedback appreciated good or bad!

Price 8-9k

MRHOGNAZ
04-27-11, 02:49 PM
get me a vin and ill run a car fax. I'd me more than happy to walk around the car and give you my opinion for free.(i've been in the car business for 22yrs) EDITED ADMIN NOT A SPONSOR let me know if you have any questions.

BurnTire
04-27-11, 03:06 PM
MRHOGNAZ
I don't know if you are not checking your private messages, but you can not solicit commercial business from the members of this site unless you are a site sponsor.

JoeT
04-27-11, 03:39 PM
Sorry Jeff!!

For the record, if Im going to spend 8-9k on a car Id spend the little extra to get a car fax, however, I will tell you Car faxes mean sh*t most of the time. IMHO I feel they are inaccurate, other than knowing how many times title has transferred. How do I know? Because I ran one on my brand new Navigator it had 27 miles on it and it showed accident, vehicle had never been in an accident, when I contacted Sanderson Lincoln they told me that the car had to have a front bumper repaired because it was damaged in shipping from the manufacturer and had been reported because of this, they subsequently had the report removed. Did I tell you I am not a fan of car fax :wave:

BurnTire
04-27-11, 05:24 PM
Just give it a good lookover. Check for bodywork, convertible leaks, and overall mechanical condition. The plastic upper intakes are know to fail after some miles. Look closely for coolant leaks around the intake.

JoeT
04-27-11, 11:26 PM
This was a joke. Clean car, but the motor looked like it had been in the car for 100 years and never cleaned.

I also think Im going to shy away from a convertible I test drove a couple tonight a 2000 GT and 2004 GT and they both seemed like loose rattle cans. I was highly disappointed actually. They both also seemed to have really whiny rear ends or trannys.

Also these cars were not made for anyone 6ft 2!

This is not a fun adventure. Lots of lying thieves out there. Wolfs in sheep's clothing, they lie on the phone to get you out to there house and when you find out they lie and they know you know, they are ready to run into the house. Also pictures are waaaaay deceiving!

If anyone sees this one on 116th LN in Surprise run from it. Also theres a 40th Anniversary black and gold convertible at Peoria Volkswagen, also not worth the money. They look sweet, but they ride like go carts and suspension feels loose.

Maybe Ill have to go with a BMW or Mercedes. I gotta get my wife something nice but Im on a 13-14k budget :(

AZSonicSnake
04-29-11, 12:43 AM
now you know why i get the weird looks with my cobra and me being 6'8" and 320lbs. its no comfortable ride. but in my cobra's case, i just mash the loud pedal and for some reason getting thrown in the seat makes me forget about it. its also why the lightning goes on the longer trips. haha.

as for the car itself, i have yet to ride in a 99-04 car that didn't have some form of rattle and squeek. i guess it goes with the territory. and both my 98 and 03 had rear end noises when i bought them. i had to spend money on both to fix it up. good thing neither was too spendy. one took a ring and pinion, and the other needed bearings. when you buy a used stang, your gonna spend some money on it.

WildBill
04-29-11, 11:41 AM
If you're looking at 99-04 Mustangs
SUBFRAMES ARE A MUST ON ANY 99-04 and especially the Verts!

OUR P51
04-29-11, 12:56 PM
Have tried looking at '05 - '09 gen 'verts?

silvrsvt
04-29-11, 04:23 PM
Carfax's are shit.. I run them every day and cant believe how inaccurate they are. I had one just a few days ago show a total of 7 owners, when you look down through them 3 of the the "owners" only had the car for a couple days...

Sorry Jeff!!

For the record, if Im going to spend 8-9k on a car Id spend the little extra to get a car fax, however, I will tell you Car faxes mean sh*t most of the time. IMHO I feel they are inaccurate, other than knowing how many times title has transferred. How do I know? Because I ran one on my brand new Navigator it had 27 miles on it and it showed accident, vehicle had never been in an accident, when I contacted Sanderson Lincoln they told me that the car had to have a front bumper repaired because it was damaged in shipping from the manufacturer and had been reported because of this, they subsequently had the report removed. Did I tell you I am not a fan of car fax :wave:

JoeT
05-04-11, 10:42 PM
The whole part of this was to get into a cost range. We were looking for something 15k or less. Well I found it, and couldn't be happier, well at least my wife is, since it will be her car.

CAN YOU SEE ME SMILING? :rotflol:

Introducing our 1997 Mercedes Benz SL500 one owner 5 liter motor with 315 HP. Hard Top Convertible with soft top as well. Nearly flawless car!

svtrichie
05-04-11, 11:14 PM
Very nice and much better choice that a used GT. I love that body style. They are so cheap now but I am sure that working on it will be expensive.

JoeT
05-04-11, 11:27 PM
Well its paid for so if it needs some maintenance Im good with that. My wife drives about 7k miles a year, so hopefully maintenance will be low for awhile. :thmbsup:

Jodaddy
05-05-11, 02:17 AM
sweet!!

WildBill
05-05-11, 07:31 PM
Pimpin'!

azmustang
05-06-11, 12:15 AM
Time for some 20's