PDA

View Full Version : Plugs?

MOTANGT
10-05-11, 08:13 AM
40K Miles and time for plugs. Opinion on the Ford Racing 0 deg replacements for my 2007? Was going to swap them before some dyno time in two weeks.

05mustangman
10-05-11, 04:06 PM
Go with NGK TR6 plugs. you will not regret them!

MOTANGT
10-06-11, 02:54 PM
How will this effect running NA or tuning? All of the one piece replacement plugs I keep finding are stating that they run one deg cooler. I know people are running that direction while either turboed or charged but what will that do for my motor?
Thanks.

SloSVO
10-06-11, 11:52 PM
If your not blown just keep the stock plugs..use the money for something else.. and I would love to see you install the TR6 in a 3V..:thumbsdown:

05mustangman
10-07-11, 12:57 AM
Yea you know I agree with slosvo. Was doing a little research and ngk doesn't make tr6 for your car. That's why you can't believe everything you initially read lol. But I'd say if your car has been running good with your stock plugs I would just run stock plugs again.

WildBill
10-07-11, 08:48 AM
40K Miles and time for plugs. Opinion on the Ford Racing 0 deg replacements for my 2007? Was going to swap them before some dyno time in two weeks.
Just replace with stock since you don't have mods that need a colder plug.
LOL!............TR6........stick to the non-tech questions.

MOTANGT
10-07-11, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the input guys, I really would like to stay away from the early design "three piece". I'm afraid to pull these things out next weekend due to the fact that I've neglected to get my car tuned three years ago when I did my mods and the car has been running fat ever since. I can only guess what the bottom of my heads look like :biggrin:

WildBill
10-07-11, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the input guys, I really would like to stay away from the early design "three piece". I'm afraid to pull these things out next weekend due to the fact that I've neglected to get my car tuned three years ago when I did my mods and the car has been running fat ever since. I can only guess what the bottom of my heads look like :biggrin:
You have to live with that plug design. Other than Brisk plugs, there is no other design for your heads. Mid 08 is when they changed the heads and went back to a conventional plug and ground strap. I don't think Brisk makes a plug for your heat range that your car requires and Brisk plugs are very expensive and I've yet to see a Brisk with good driveability.
When you get to change the plugs, do the following on a warm engine:
Remove the cops
Blow out the spark plugs with compressed air before removing them
Shoot some PB Blaster in the spark plug holes
Be very careful when removing the plugs!
Put anti-seize on replacement plugs!

Hope this helps!

MOTANGT
10-07-11, 10:31 AM
Thank you.

05mustangman
10-07-11, 12:27 PM
LOL!............TR6........stick to the non-tech questions. Thanks Bill. I suppose everyone is supposed to know right off the top of their heads the tr6 plugs wont work? You gonna give everyone crap that doesnt know something immediately?

:popcorn:

WildBill
10-08-11, 09:45 AM
Thanks Bill. I suppose everyone is supposed to know right off the top of their heads the tr6 plugs wont work? You gonna give everyone crap that doesnt know something immediately?

:popcorn:

No...................but you should know what you're talking about before you post.

Pretty plain and simple and I gave no one crap.

Jacostang
10-08-11, 11:11 AM
On the subject, is there no new (one Piece) replacement for the plugs in my 2006? I dread the day I have to replace them because of the horror stories I hear about them breaking apart and being stuck in the head...

SloSVO
10-08-11, 11:39 AM
the breaking apart is a bit overrated.. with lube and care the chances are small.... heck.. take them out every 20K and put them right back in..lol

MOTANGT
10-08-11, 01:08 PM
I was reading on modular fords forum that the ford racing plugs are one piece design and the ngk plugs but I have not confirmed this. It's been six years since the first version of this plug in 2005 so I'm sure that they have come up with a more advanced version of this dreaded three piece plug. Are you guys heading out to central today?

SloSVO
10-08-11, 01:12 PM
the ford racing plugs are autolites and I don't think NGK makes a plug for the 05-07 3Vs.. I don't think any company is going to invest in a plug design that isn't used anymore... but like I said before.. its no big deal.. lots of WD40 or pb blaster and patience.. they come out.. if not break them loose every 20K..