PDA

View Full Version : Which brand of longtubes

SuperDust22
11-20-06, 10:24 AM
Which brand of longtubes should I get for my 03' GT? I want a good set that fit up good and doesn't hang that low. Also are any of the brand easier to put on? Also what about when I need to swap the cluch out, are there any brand that have more clearance than others? I am getting a prochamber as my midpipe.

Dustin

ReaperAZ
11-20-06, 11:11 AM
I bought my car used and it has HTS Coated MAC longtubes. There's really no way of getting around how low a set hangs. I'm happy with the sound but since they were on it already I can't say as far as performance difference.

BurnTire
11-20-06, 11:25 AM
Which brand of longtubes should I get for my 03' GT? I want a good set that fit up good and doesn't hang that low. Also are any of the brand easier to put on? Also what about when I need to swap the cluch out, are there any brand that have more clearance than others? I am getting a prochamber as my midpipe.

Dustin

Long Tubes will not give you much if any performance gains. You may loose a bunch of low end with your current setup. I would spend the money else where. You could get a nice little NO2 kit and take a second off you ET..

Long tubes would help in my setup. High Boost Twin Screw Blower.

SuperDust22
11-20-06, 11:32 AM
I bought my car used and it has HTS Coated MAC longtubes. There's really no way of getting around how low a set hangs. I'm happy with the sound but since they were on it already I can't say as far as performance difference.

I know that the longtubes are going to hang lower but I don't want to hang real low like the ones from SLP. I ran MAC on my 94' and they didn't seem to fit that great. How do your fit?

Dustin

SuperDust22
11-20-06, 11:44 AM
Long Tubes will not give you much if any performance gains. You may loose a bunch of low end with your current setup. I would spend the money else where. You could get a nice little NO2 kit and take a second off you ET..

Long tubes would help in my setup. High Boost Twin Screw Blower.

I do plan on running nitrous but that will be after heads and cams. I am going to finish up my exhaust first then I am going to looking into the new trickflow intake. The nitrous will be alittle down the road. I want to bulid a strong NA motor frist.

Dustin

ReaperAZ
11-20-06, 11:51 AM
I know that the longtubes are going to hang lower but I don't want to hang real low like the ones from SLP. I ran MAC on my 94' and they didn't seem to fit that great. How do your fit?

Dustin

They seem to fit well, no leaks at all. My car sits pretty low with my H&R Super Sports and the cats on my mid pipes hit before the longtubes would. As for the difference between them on a boosted car I can offer a bit of info. A friend has the same blower set-up from the same company I got mine from, we both run pretty much the same tune. I have longtubes as well as an intake and throttle body on mine where he does not. I made 9 wheel horsepower more then he did, running 2 degrees less timing. So in the Spring when I add those 2 degrees back it will be even more.

BurnTire
11-20-06, 12:10 PM
I do plan on running nitrous but that will be after heads and cams. I am going to finish up my exhaust first then I am going to looking into the new trickflow intake. The nitrous will be alittle down the road. I want to bulid a strong NA motor frist.

Dustin

Sounds like a plan.:NOS1:

SuperDust22
11-20-06, 01:24 PM
Sounds like a plan.:NOS1:

What part of mesa are you in? I live over in gilbert right now the border of mesa.

Dustin

Dalamar
12-31-06, 11:50 AM
How 'bout Mid length's?
no ground clearance issues, and still has a collector?

BBK long tubes are also nice.