PDA

View Full Version : Tranny carnage

QTRPONY
11-20-06, 11:06 PM
For those that had to wait here's why:

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/500/DSCN1084.JPG

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/500/DSCN1088.JPG

When I pulled the tranny out the front cap\input shaft guide (not sure exactly what it is called) was seperated and stayed inside the bell housing. Other than the case everything looks OK BUT I am sure there are internal issues.

blacksunshine
11-21-06, 12:43 AM
You were running against my car when that happened...I thought you missed a shift and then the motor blew, atleast it sounded that way on video...good job on pulling over right away, the track officials were happy that you did...

AZSonicSnake
11-21-06, 11:22 AM
damn, that looks painful.

QTRPONY
11-21-06, 02:18 PM
You were running against my car when that happened...I thought you missed a shift and then the motor blew, atleast it sounded that way on video...good job on pulling over right away, the track officials were happy that you did...

I am glad it was not the motor. The tranny I can deal with.

WHo has the video? I would like to check it out and see what it looked like.

AZSonicSnake
11-21-06, 02:25 PM
blacksunshine has a vid. i don't think you see anything since he was taping his ride, but you hear it, big time.

blacksunshine
11-21-06, 07:25 PM
blacksunshine has a vid. i don't think you see anything since he was taping his ride, but you hear it, big time.

yeah unfortunatly my car was soooo far ahead of yours, that I couldn't get you in the screen. lol, just kidding. I was focused on my car that run, but you can definatly hear a loud crunch.

Lucafu1
11-22-06, 01:57 AM
damn that sucks. hope you get it fixed soon. it could be worse, i had my output shaft shear and the drive shaft let loose on my slobra.

The Nunn's
11-22-06, 10:55 AM
yeah unfortunatly my car was soooo far ahead of yours, that I couldn't get you in the screen. lol, just kidding. I was focused on my car that run, but you can definatly hear a loud crunch.

i dont think he was that far behind me i could still see him in the rear view mirror :z7shysterical:

Jacostang
11-22-06, 12:07 PM
Looks bad but could have been much, much worse!!!!! Bummer nothin but a little CASH won't fix!!!

Torchmach
11-22-06, 08:30 PM
Tough break Tuck. I am guessing that when you get back from your deployment there will be a full race prepped C-4 backing your motor. You will have to invite M1M over for a little demonstration.

Torchmach
11-23-06, 10:05 AM
If I remember correctly, you replaced the stock Tremec 3650 with a TKO 500, before you would break the 3650. So these are TKO 500's that have been breaking. Must be some serious torque numbers at work!

MinGry03
11-23-06, 12:02 PM
That sucks dude...Hope you get it fixed soon. As for a temporary fix, try JB weld or duck tape...:icon_biggrin: