PDA

View Full Version : going to SW to retest the bottle

Indy
11-25-06, 05:39 PM
I'm heading to SW around 6:30pm to retest the bottle tonight. After having the soleniod fail last weekend on the first pass I'm lucky I didn't hurt the motor. So we replaced the soleniods and plugs this week, then retested it on the dyno. Everything looks good, it made @ 360hp & 460ftlb today, I'm hoping to hit the low 12's tonight.

AZSonicSnake
11-25-06, 07:22 PM
good luck man! i was gonna head out, but after a long ass day of dealing with crappy i-17 traffic, and shooting at table mesa road, i am cooked. let us know how it goes!!

Indy
11-26-06, 06:28 PM
Well do to me being a :beatup: dumb@$$, I thought I toasted the motor last night. They staged me with a full on race car:furious: that was so loud I couldn't hear or feel what my Mach was doing. Being a IDIOT I sprayed it against him when I should have just run on the motor and sprayed it on the next pass. During that run something went wrong and I thought the motor was history, so I had it trailered (thanks Seth and everyone else who helped) to the shop. I changed the plugs and Devin checked the cylinder with a bore scope everything looks good:thmbsup: . Devin took it for a test drive and said that it runs like a bat out of hell on the motor. So once again I was very lucky:yes: . I'm going to change a few thing in the car, then head to the track and try it again. On the first pass I went 12.8@98mph letting off a couple hundred feet early. On the next pass it went 12.7@112 spinning badly, I think it'll run pretty good once I can make it hook.

AZSonicSnake
11-26-06, 06:37 PM
what did it do that made you feel like it let go? mark had posted that a mach lost a motor on the bottle, and the first thing i said was...oh my. i hope its not a black mach 1. glad to hear its ok though, sounds like one scary night....allmost makes me glad i stayed my lazy arse at the house and tinkered on the cobra...

Indy
11-26-06, 07:15 PM
Yeah he was more then likely talking about me. When we put it on the trailer it didn't sound good. But it looks like I might be lucky, I'll know more after a coulpe days of driving.

Indy
11-26-06, 07:21 PM
[quote=AZSonicSnake;10632] mark had posted that a mach lost a motor on the bottle, and the first thing i said was...oh my. i hope its not a black mach 1. glad to hear its ok [quote]

where

AZSonicSnake
11-26-06, 08:10 PM
was on 1320stangs. so probably not many people saw it. lol. :slaphappy:

50 BMG
11-27-06, 05:55 AM

Traitor!

lol...I'm suprised that place is still up.

AZSonicSnake
11-27-06, 08:24 AM
yea, what can i say, i was bored yesterday, and svtperformance was slow and so was here...lol...:biggrin:

MinGry03
11-27-06, 08:37 AM
Instead of the bottle, why don't you look into a supercharger? It seems that you are pushing the limits on mistakes with the bottle?

BurnTire
11-27-06, 10:58 AM

What is the deal over there? There are like 2 posts a day.

50 BMG
11-27-06, 11:29 AM
Instead of the bottle, why don't you look into a supercharger? It seems that you are pushing the limits on mistakes with the bottle?

He's going straight to turbo when he gets $$$$

Gene
11-27-06, 11:41 AM
He's going straight to turbo when he gets $$$$

word, turbo FTW!

Indy
11-27-06, 05:30 PM
The bottle works great, its the loose nut behind the wheel that needs work. Besides I cann't afford a blower, the bottle was a bonus from work. I'm happy with it, I just need to relax and concentrate on what I'm doing when I use it. I shouldn't have used it during that race, but I was trying to get a good number. I didn't know how many more runs I could get in before the track closed so I said screw it and hit the unit. Next time I'll wait for next pass.

50BMG ---- don't give away all my secerts.LOL:thmbsup:

MinGry03
11-27-06, 08:49 PM
Sounds like a plan....Just go turbo....:Bucktooth:

BurnTire
11-27-06, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a plan....Just go turbo....:Bucktooth:

I'll go turbo someday. Just not on the cobra. It will be a Fox body race car. As soon as I can move back east and have a big garage again. LOL

AZSonicSnake
11-27-06, 10:18 PM
there are plenty of big garages here, and even better weather. :bounce:

MinGry03
11-28-06, 05:39 AM
I'll go turbo someday. Just not on the cobra. It will be a Fox body race car. As soon as I can move back east and have a big garage again. LOL

Moving back to Pittsburgh any time soon? :Bucktooth:

BurnTire
11-28-06, 11:56 AM
Moving back to Pittsburgh any time soon? :Bucktooth:

Charlotte is the plan someday.