PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mustang GT Mod List???

DrumSTW3
11-25-06, 11:53 PM
I just bought a new '06 GT Coupe (Auto) and here is my xmas list. Happy home from Iraq to me!!!

1) Cervini's Side Exhaust (uses Magnaflow Mufflers) Or Borla Catback (140135)
2) JLT CAI ::Done::
3) 3.73 Gears
4) Saleen HIDs ::Done::
5) Borla Long Tube Headers
6) Various Body Mods (Cervini's Quarter Window Louvres, California Dream Hood, Roush front end.)
7) Pioneer AVIC-Z1 DVD/Nav or Pioneer AVIC-D3
8) 2x JL Audio 10W7 w/ 2x JL Audio 500/1 (Already have these, just need to install)
9) Boston Z6 (front) and Boston Pro (Rear and Center) Speakers
10) JL Audio 500/5
11) 2 20" wheels that match my stock 18"s (18s in front and 20s in the back)
12) Glassback Roof

As you can see, most of these mods are kinda for fun, not "performance". I might supercharge it at some point in the future, when it's not a daily driver, but for now, I enjoy my 23 MPG. Any other ideas, comments, or advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm kinda new to the idea of modifying a perfectly good and brand new car!!! If anyone has an SCT tuner, or any of these parts theyre selling, let me know...

Jacostang
11-26-06, 09:22 AM
Welcome Home! Can't wait to see your car after your done!!!

ronb0410
11-26-06, 02:13 PM
I just bought a new '06 GT Coupe (Auto) and here is my xmas list. Happy home from Iraq to me!!!

Cervini's Side Exhaust (uses Magnaflow Mufflers)
JBA Headers
K&N or Injen CAI (any advice?)
Saleen HIDs
Various Body Mods (Cervini's Quarter Window Louvres, Rear Valence. Haven't decided on front end yet.)
Pioneer AVIC-Z1 DVD/Nav
2x JL Audio 10W7 w/ 2x JL Audio 500/1 (Already have these, just need to install)
Boston Z6 and Boston Pro Speakers
JL Audio 450/4
2 20" wheels that match my stock 18"s (18s in front and 20s in the back)

I'm also thinking about doing the glassback roof. As you can see, most of these mods are kinda for fun, not "performance". I might supercharge it at some point in the future, when it's not a daily driver, but for now, I enjoy my 19 MPG. Any other ideas, comments, or advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm kinda new to the idea of modifying a perfectly good and brand new car!!!

Welcome back.
Your mods are a good start.
Dont wait on a s/c too long.
Find someone up there or come to the valley or tuscon and get a tune on that gt.:awsome:

DrumSTW3
11-27-06, 07:15 PM
Any recommedations for good shops? What do i need done?

Indy
11-27-06, 08:02 PM
All of the JBA headers I've installed didn't fit very well. They normally hit the pass. side frame. The ones from Ford Motorsports fit like a glove, I haven't had any problems with those. Watch out for the cold air kits, most of the 05 and up stangs run lean once those are installed with a good exhaust. As long as you get it tuned afterwards you'll be fine. With an automatic I'ld recommend getting it tuned anyway it'll be alot more fun to drive. JMHO

AZSonicSnake
11-27-06, 08:23 PM
i too would suggest a tune, and if your gonna have it tuned i would hit up devin at performance solutions. he tuned my cobra, and i have totally impressed with the tune in my car. and he tunes for longevity and driveability, not just for numbers. :2thumbs:

Indy
11-27-06, 08:37 PM
I agree (about Devin)

DrumSTW3
11-29-06, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the advice guys... I'm new to AZ, what are the best car shows around here? Where are they and when are they? Thanks again guys

vicious781
11-30-06, 12:11 AM
From one soldier to another, welcome back! I remember how I felt when I got back from overseas.....the best feeling in the world!

DrumSTW3
12-02-06, 11:06 AM
I'm trying to decide on an intake... Any ideas? Which will give me the most HP? Will it kill my mileage?

Also, Which headers and X (or H) Pipe? Are the FRPP the best out there? What about Magnaflow, Bassani, etc. Your opinions and advice are greatly appreciated.

Indy
12-03-06, 11:18 AM
The FRPP headers fit the best IMHO out of all the ones I've installed. As far as the mid pipe goes they all make about the same power, so it just depends on which one you like. Although a set of gears will give you alot more seat of the pants feel then the exhaust, and it shouldn't change your gas mileage if you drive in a sane manor. I went from 3.55 to 3.90 in my Mach (one of the few automatic Machs) and it didn't change my gas mileage at all, but it feels alot faster around town.

DrumSTW3
12-05-06, 12:49 PM
How about intake? I'm looking at Injen, K&N, S&B, JLT, and a few others. With an unlimited budget, which will give me the best horsepower gains?

I just ordered the Cervini's side exhaust kit. Should be fun. Does anyone have an opinion on HID kits? I want Hi/Lo Beams. I've looked at the Saleen kits, but $900 seems like alot compared to the other kits i've seen. Thanks again everyone, Can't wait to see you guys at Race Day.

Jacostang
12-05-06, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the advice guys... I'm new to AZ, what are the best car shows around here? Where are they and when are they? Thanks again guys
Check out the Copperstate Calendar, there are Many shows two big ones by Copperstate, one in the spring and one in the fall at least two in Tucson, and Flagstaff, Pavillions every saturday night...83rd ave and Bell and still many more in California that we caravan to!!

DrumSTW3
12-05-06, 01:04 PM
i too would suggest a tune, and if your gonna have it tuned i would hit up devin at performance solutions. he tuned my cobra, and i have totally impressed with the tune in my car. and he tunes for longevity and driveability, not just for numbers. :2thumbs:

How do I get in touch with Devin? I can't find a listing anywhere for Performance Solutions in AZ. Let me know. What other kind of work does he do (paint, mechanical, electronic)? Thanks

AZSonicSnake
12-05-06, 01:21 PM
thier number is 602-269-8955....

Tortuga
12-06-06, 08:39 AM
I have the C&L intake kit on mine. It's supposed to have second best horsepower gains. The hp gain on the K&N intake was really bad. JLT I think is supposed to be the best.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/midnight_n_moon/151564932613.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/midnight_n_moon/151565299845.jpg

BMWJ17
12-20-06, 09:19 AM
How about intake? I'm looking at Injen, K&N, S&B, JLT, and a few others. With an unlimited budget, which will give me the best horsepower gains?

I just ordered the Cervini's side exhaust kit. Should be fun. Does anyone have an opinion on HID kits? I want Hi/Lo Beams. I've looked at the Saleen kits, but $900 seems like alot compared to the other kits i've seen. Thanks again everyone, Can't wait to see you guys at Race Day.

I put on the JLT-2 True Cold Air with an SCT-II Tune and It is awesome.

BMWJ17
12-20-06, 09:24 AM

1) Cervini's Side Exhaust (uses Magnaflow Mufflers) Or Borla Catback (140135)
2) K&N or JLT CAI (any advice?)
3) 4.10 Gears
4) Saleen HIDs
5) JBA or Kooks Long Tube Headers
6) Various Body Mods (Cervini's Quarter Window Louvres, California Dream Hood. Haven't decided on front end yet.)
7) Pioneer AVIC-Z1 DVD/Nav
8) 2x JL Audio 10W7 w/ 2x JL Audio 500/1 (Already have these, just need to install)
9) Boston Z6 (front) and Boston Pro (Rear and Center) Speakers
10) JL Audio 450/4
11) 2 20" wheels that match my stock 18"s (18s in front and 20s in the back)
12) Glassback Roof

As you can see, most of these mods are kinda for fun, not "performance". I might supercharge it at some point in the future, when it's not a daily driver, but for now, I enjoy my 23 MPG. Any other ideas, comments, or advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm kinda new to the idea of modifying a perfectly good and brand new car!!!

I have the AVIC Z-1 Installed and it is fricking awesome you will love it.

Ethan@S3M
12-20-06, 10:28 AM
With the BBK intake and their throttle body for that matter you dont need a tune when you install them. We have had Anthem Motors next door install some JBA headers and they fit fine without any problems. They are just as nice or nicer than the SSW headers we have seen. Just a little FYI if you go with a intake that dosnt need a tune like BBK,ARAID,and Roush and use Diablo's tuner the car will run like crap. We have had a couple of customers do that and the car wont idle. Once they took the tune out or moddified the tune them selfs it would run good. On the other hand the intakes that come with the diablo tuner run very good because they are tuned for that specific intake.

AZTERMINATOR
12-20-06, 11:40 PM
I put on the JLT Ture Cold air on my Cobra, the intake pipe shrunk at the clamp that is close to the cylinder head, eventually it would of leaked, switched out to a C&L alum piece, had it powercoated to match...works fine. JLT looks the best, no air filter or mass air meter to look at, all inside the fender....clean !!

elkabong
12-21-06, 08:11 AM
Welcome back. I too am new to the world of Mustangs. I am interested in your results.

AZSonicSnake
12-21-06, 09:47 AM
I put on the JLT Ture Cold air on my Cobra, the intake pipe shrunk at the clamp that is close to the cylinder head, eventually it would of leaked,

did it just warp from the heat? i have the same jlt intake.....

06blacksabbath
01-12-07, 02:50 PM
hey DrumSTW3 idk if you were thinkin bout getting the actual quarter window louvers or scoops from cervini's but i'd say go for louvers cause i have the scoops(ones off the C-500)...looks good from a distance but up close looks fake and cheesy :\

Casey39er
01-12-07, 05:32 PM
I have just orderd my Whipple SC kit so I have some parts I am selling.

1. C&L 05-06 Mustang True-Flow Air Intake System Package
w/ Diablo Predator Tuner: $450.00. http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=11196

2. Steeda 05-07 Mustang Underdrive Pulley System : $100.00
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2678_1_1213&products_id=7739

3. 2005-07 MUSTANG STRUT TOWER BRACE: $100.00
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8269

4.INTAKE COVER, POWERED BY FORD WITH RUNNING PONY LOGO
$50.00 http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-6949A%20%20%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS

If you are intrested in any or all of these items please Private Message me.

Dustin@On3
01-12-07, 08:17 PM
If you're going to get long tubes, it's worth the extra money to either get Kook's or Stainless Works.

In fact Stainless Works makes a complete LT header to cat-back system, take a look-see:

http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/images/M05HX%20LOW%20RES.JPG

DrumSTW3
01-12-07, 10:11 PM
I'm leaning toward the Borla Off road LT Headers w/ x pipe and their CatBack. It's expensive, but I think its what I want. The other systems i've been ooking at are the 2.5 and 3 inch Magnaflow and cervini's side exhaust. If i do one of those, i'd get the kooks headers. What do you think? Any vendors on here give me the hook up on any of these?

Dustin@On3
01-17-07, 02:56 PM
I'm leaning toward the Borla Off road LT Headers w/ x pipe and their CatBack. It's expensive, but I think its what I want. The other systems i've been ooking at are the 2.5 and 3 inch Magnaflow and cervini's side exhaust. If i do one of those, i'd get the kooks headers. What do you think? Any vendors on here give me the hook up on any of these?

We can save you a few dollars off of retail pricing from Kooks. :yes: