PDA

View Full Version : Which k member for me?

SuperDust22
11-26-06, 09:07 AM
I plan on getting a set up hooker/flowtech longtubes soon and I firgured I would get a k member at the same time. I am not going to get CC plates or coilovers right now. What k member will bolt right now and be worth my money. I am leaning toward the PA racing one. I can get a good price on one.

Dustin

99_venom
11-26-06, 09:24 AM
I have the AJE K-member and lower control arms. Anthony makes a beefed up unit for road racing/street use that has an extra brace to handle the rough streets for daily driving. Can't beat the service you'll get with AJE. I went with MM coil overs to get a set that fit tightly on the Tokiko drag struts I have on the front. I really like the K-member, I have had it on there for a couple years now and no long term issues.

I put BBK LTs on mine and I bought the engine support to drop the factory K-member to install the headers. That is when I put the K-member in. I would suggest dropping the member for long tubes. Once you get the member out then drop the engine down 3-4 inches to make it easier to get to the bolts on the headers. If you need help/ advice on how to give me a shout...

AZSonicSnake
11-26-06, 11:00 AM
do you plan to mainly drag race or road race?

99_venom
11-26-06, 11:15 AM
I do both. I just adjust the coilovers for different ride height and set the shocks for the desired track. Being lighter in the front pays off at both kinds of tracks. I still have the IRS with all Poly bushings and have had a best of 1.71 60 ' times so far. Stiffen up the shocks, lower the front end, put the NT01 tires on and it will fly around the road course.

I was just out to Firebird Friday for the Pro-Autosport driver school and ran the main track. I had no trouble running with the Z06's and new Shelby GT500. They couldn't get by me in the turns, but would hang right there on the 5/8 mile straight. I wasn't spraying so I wasn't pulling away from them on the straight, but I could hold my own there. Did get passed by an 04 Cobra when he drove it in so hard into turn one that he almost went off the track.:Bucktooth:

I just love the fact that my Cobra and the Lightning will run both the 1/4 and the road course and do both well.

SuperDust22
11-26-06, 11:22 AM

Car is a DD and will see the drag track occasionally. Will never see a road course.

Dustin

AZSonicSnake
11-26-06, 11:44 AM
i do the same superdust, and i plan to go with the psr k-member that performance solutions makes. i would drop by the shop sometime, and they can show you thier k-member, as well as many of the competitors k-members.

SuperDust22
11-26-06, 11:56 AM
i do the same superdust, and i plan to go with the psr k-member that performance solutions makes. i would drop by the shop sometime, and they can show you thier k-member, as well as many of the competitors k-members.

I have been down to the shop and seen the k member. I can't remember what other k member they had down there comparing it too though. I wouldn't mind getting one of there thiers but I think money will stop me. Ill pm Dan and see what they are going for. The PA unit is prices is hard to beat.

Dustin

AZSonicSnake
11-26-06, 12:16 PM
yea, i knew they had most of the top dogs down there. as for the price, i think that falls under one of those, you get what you pay for kinda things. and a k-member is the last place i would wanna skimp on cash. :awsome:

SuperDust22
11-26-06, 08:02 PM
yea, i knew they had most of the top dogs down there. as for the price, i think that falls under one of those, you get what you pay for kinda things. and a k-member is the last place i would wanna skimp on cash. :awsome:

I agree completely with you on this one. But I never really heard anything bad ever about the PA unit and you have to put in to prospective of how many PA has sold compared to the PS unit. I am not knocking PS at all but they are new and it will take awhile to start getting the word on the street . I have seen the k member in person and it looked awesome no doubt. I would love to rep a local shop and help give them as much good feedback as I possibility. I truly believe we need to have a strong shop that people can trust and I think PS is in the leading pack right now. The few guys I have meet down there gave me top notch service and that means a lot to me as a customer. Well I don't know everything about cars. I can pick out bullshit statements real quick and I have ever really had that problem form PS. But at the PA unit has been around for years and has been proven. Plus the price is right. For a company that is just getting into building k member it will be hard for them to getting started for a little while. But if there claims are true I have no doubt they will be able to sell a shit load of units. Like I said unless I get a killer deal on one. And I know Dan isn't running a charity here and I don't expect handouts by any means just a best deal he can give me with him still making enough money on his end to make this worth it for him. I will most likely be sticking with the PA racing one. Money talks to me. And if I have heard zero complaints, there is very little stopping me. I am in college. Plus I will never ever go into debt for my car.

Thanks for all your guys help. Means a lot to me. I like reinsurance. I never want to second guess my self.

Dustin

AZSonicSnake
11-26-06, 08:08 PM
totally understandable. just throwing it out there.

btw- who sells the pa unit? and what kind of money is it?

SuperDust22
11-26-06, 08:15 PM
totally understandable. just throwing it out there.

btw- who sells the pa unit? and what kind of money is it?

I would be buying the PA mildsteel (DD car is mildsteel is my best bet).

The K member and motor mounts and spring perches with shipped come to 360ish. Like I said I will be running stock springs and a arms. I would be buying from Matt Hill Motorsports. Matt is the man, he is the one who tunes my car. A very good stand up guy.

I would love Dan to chime in and give me his thoughts I PMd him earlier. I don't know if the unit he sells works with stock a arms. I also wondered if he sells any brands. I doubt since they make there own.

Dustin

Dustin

AZSonicSnake
11-26-06, 08:42 PM
i do know that the psr unit does not work with stock control arms. but personally that is something i would want to upgrade at that time anyways. but we all upgrade at our own pace. lol. :awsome:

50 BMG
11-27-06, 05:51 AM
I agree completely with you on this one. But I never really heard anything bad ever about the PA unit and you have to put in to prospective of how many PA has sold compared to the PS unit. I am not knocking PS at all but they are new and it will take awhile to start getting the word on the street.

I work for PSR...since Dan is snoozing on the long weekend I'll answer as best I can.

PA will always be in the lead concerning units sold. Dan designed this unit from the ground up based on what he liked from other K members and what he wanted from his own design. PSR's K-member setup concentrates on 3 things: strength, weight, and clearance/fitment.

IMO this K-member really shines in the turbo department with a non OEM exhaust manifold, and this is one of the top three reasons it exists. This is where the K-member will make its name for itself. There are currently 6 turbo cars being done at the shop with the PSR K setup, and a couple of local non-turbo cars with the unit as well. In addition, Stormin Norman and Sambandit are also running PSR units. Finally, it's also holding up in excellent fashion to the Silver shop car slamming it up and down.

I would love Dan to chime in and give me his thoughts I PMd him earlier. I don't know if the unit he sells works with stock a arms. I also wondered if he sells any brands. I doubt since they make there own.

You need coil overs, MM or equivalent caster camber plates and PSR arms to run the PSR K-Member.

If you'd like, we can take care of you in w/e decision you make. 602-269-8955 ask for James (me).

SuperDust22
11-27-06, 06:11 AM
I work for PSR...since Dan is snoozing on the long weekend I'll answer as best I can.

PA will always be in the lead concerning units sold. Dan designed this unit from the ground up based on what he liked from other K members and what he wanted from his own design. PSR's K-member setup concentrates on 3 things: strength, weight, and clearance/fitment.

IMO this K-member really shines in the turbo department with a non OEM exhaust manifold, and this is one of the top three reasons it exists. This is where the K-member will make its name for itself. There are currently 6 turbo cars being done at the shop with the PSR K setup, and a couple of local non-turbo cars with the unit as well. In addition, Stormin Norman and Sambandit are also running PSR units. Finally, it's also holding up in excellent fashion to the Silver shop car slamming it up and down.

You need coil overs, MM or equivalent caster camber plates and PSR arms to run the PSR K-Member.

If you'd like, On3Motorsports (PSR's parts department) can take care of you in w/e decision you make. 602-269-0029 ask for Dustin and tell him I (James at PSR) sent you.

Thanks for the repsonse man. I have no plans of going turbo. I also don't plan on doing the a arms or coilovers anytime soon. It all boils down to money. Only reason I am doing the k member is because I am doing the longtubes. Ill contact Dustin at On3Motorsports to see if they sell other brands. Thanks for all your help guys!

Dustin

Dan
11-27-06, 08:41 AM
I have a used Q1A laying around I know that you can buy the sprig purch so you can use your stock units call me Ill make you a deal on this I no longer need this unit

thanks
Dan

Dalamar
12-31-06, 11:48 AM
you guys have any pics of this K member?I'd like to know more aobut it.How is it better than the QA1, or MM K member?

50 BMG
12-31-06, 05:59 PM
you guys have any pics of this K member?I'd like to know more aobut it.How is it better than the QA1, or MM K member?

QA1 = no comments. Someone else who is neutral can comment about QA1 quality.

As far as MM, MM is a road course unit and that is where it really shines. AFAIK it also weighs more than any other K-Member save the OEM unit. If I was looking for a 100% duty street/strip K-Member, MM would not be my first choice or my second. It's an excellent piece but there are lighter alternatives with equivalent straight line strength out there if you're a 99% straight liner.

But you already know this cause you have a MM unit...

Dalamar
01-01-07, 03:07 PM
Good to know.

I know what I've read, I haven't driven my car yet!
Just after I swapped the suspension, I got into the engine, and haven't got it back yet from the tuner.

Just wanting to know more about the other K members out there.
So it sounds like it's more of a Drag Racing, weight saving unit?

What would be your first or second choice?

50 BMG
01-01-07, 06:59 PM
So it sounds like it's more of a Drag Racing, weight saving unit?

What would be your first or second choice?

Right now it is a straight line unit. We may get bored and add some cross-beam steel pieces for triangulation but don't hold your breath.

PSR, PA, D and D would be my top 3 personal choices in order.

Dan
01-03-07, 08:14 PM
http://saleenpower.com/forums/uploads/post-594-1167880227_thumb.jpg

http://saleenpower.com/forums/uploads/post-594-1167880206_thumb.jpg

http://saleenpower.com/forums/uploads/post-594-1167880193_thumb.jpg

http://saleenpower.com/forums/uploads/post-594-1167880172_thumb.jpg

this is finished and Raw