PDA

View Full Version : New to HPS

Dana
11-26-06, 11:47 PM
Since Jeff invited me over, I thought I would introduce myself.

I have an '03 Cobra with a few mods.

I have done some work on a few other and if you have some questions, I may be able to help. Maybe...

I am also part owner of LDC Chicago and if you have any questions regarding out products, please feel free to ask me.
http://ldcchicago.com/

Dan Marovich

MinGry03
11-27-06, 04:10 AM
Welcome to the site.....:2thumbs:

RockysMom
11-27-06, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the site, Make sure you post some pics of your baby for all too see:2thumbs:

AZSonicSnake
11-27-06, 08:20 AM
welcome!

btw- thanks big time for the clutch freeplay kit, it made me able to stand this pos spec clutch in my cobra....:awsome:

50 BMG
11-27-06, 09:33 AM
Since Jeff invited me over, I thought I would introduce myself.

I have an '03 Cobra with a few mods.

I have done some work on a few other and if you have some questions, I may be able to help. Maybe...

I am also part owner of LDC Chicago and if you have any questions regarding out products, please feel free to ask me.
http://ldcchicago.com/

Dan Marovich

Welcome, we've been buying quite a few correction kits lately...and will continue to do so in the future :icon_biggrin:

Dana
11-27-06, 10:10 AM
Welcome to the site, Make sure you post some pics of your baby for all too see:2thumbs:

I would like to, but I don't think I can. I don't know why...

welcome!

btw- thanks big time for the clutch freeplay kit, it made me able to stand this pos spec clutch in my cobra....:awsome:

Glad it's helping. I've been using it for about 3 years.

Dan

Jacostang
11-27-06, 10:50 AM
Welcome!!!

BurnTire
11-27-06, 10:53 AM
I would like to, but I don't think I can. I don't know why...

Dan

Just upload them to the photo gallery.

Dana
11-27-06, 11:56 AM
Ok, posted a couple of pics in the gallery and a time slip from this summer in the time slip gallery.

My car looks pretty stock from the outside and that is the way I wanted it. Not much dress up or bling stuff except the Bullitt side scoops and you don't notice them unless you are looking for it.
Even the cage is hidden behind the pillars and tint on the windows.

Dan

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/500/LDC_LED_kit005a.jpg

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/500/park20a.jpg

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/500/Hard_LaunchB.JPG

Gene
11-27-06, 01:51 PM
cool man, welcome! I just ordered the clutch freeplay kit LOL!

Dan
11-27-06, 06:29 PM
cool man, welcome! I just ordered the clutch freeplay kit LOL!

It's our new hot item down here at the shop...

AZSonicSnake
11-27-06, 06:48 PM
its the "in" thing to do...:2thumbs:

Lucafu1
11-27-06, 06:58 PM
welcome. ive had the clutch free play kit since its been out, i love it.

Indy
11-27-06, 08:07 PM
Welcome

I use to live in IN, but the weather sucked so I moved out here.

Dana
11-28-06, 05:53 AM
Welcome

I use to live in IN, but the weather sucked so I moved out here.

It sucks even worse in Illinois, but after this last move, which I have not yet completely finished, I swore I would never move again.

Seriously,
If it wasn't for the weather, I think it would be almost perfect here. Nothing but corn fields and deserted roads around me for miles. A few really cool neighbors too.

The house has a 1500 sq ft shop out back that was built by the former owner as a huge spray booth. Too bad I'm not into body work.
Right now it has 3 Cobras in it in various stages of assembly.
It also serves as LDC's experimental lab. HA! HA!

Thanks again for your support of LDC's products and watch for a new one in the next 4 to 6 weeks. And again, if I can help out with any questions, feel free to contact me.

Dan

AZSonicSnake
11-28-06, 09:18 AM
if i remeber correctly, beecher is not horribly far from my home town of kankakee. my whole family lives in that city. what a small world. :awsome:

tazzracing1
11-28-06, 10:29 AM
Welcome I know you will enjoy your stay.

u1arunit
11-28-06, 09:05 PM
Welcome Dan, good to have you on HPS!

Dana
11-28-06, 10:07 PM
if i remeber correctly, beecher is not horribly far from my home town of kankakee. my whole family lives in that city. what a small world. :awsome:

Kankakee is about 15 minutes from where I live.

Lyle is also close too.

If you ever go visiting the family, plan on stopping by. There is usually something going on here.

We just finished installing a KB 2.2 and all the supporting mods and a few other things on an 03 Cobra. Makes a lot of noise though. A lot of whine. :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Now poor Jeff has to learn to drive all over again. :awsome:

AZSonicSnake
11-28-06, 10:10 PM
awesome. if i am back visiting i will make it a point to drop in a say hi. :2thumbs:

MinGry03
11-29-06, 09:00 AM
I see you have the black box option too.....:2thumbs:

Awesome pictures.

Dalamar
11-29-06, 09:28 AM
Welcome.
Great looking Mustang.

I want one of those freeplay kit's.
Just put a Spec 3+ on my car, haven't driven it yet, car's at the Tuner.
Does it just adjust the slack out of it?

Please let me know.
thanks.
:smile:

Dana
11-29-06, 08:18 PM
Welcome.
Great looking Mustang.

I want one of those freeplay kit's.
Just put a Spec 3+ on my car, haven't driven it yet, car's at the Tuner.
Does it just adjust the slack out of it?

Please let me know.
thanks.
:smile:
Set the throw out bearing so that it is back off of the pressure plate fingers a little, maybe 1/8 inch.
This should result in about 1 inch of freeplay at the top of the pedal. Without the LDC kit, this freeplay will appear as slop or a loose pedal, but with the kit, it will feel like normal freeplay.
All of this applies only if you have an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster. The clutch kit actually replaces spring movement lost when the stock quadrant is removed.
A side benefit is that the kit keeps the TOB off of the pressure plate fingers, extending its life, provided you adjust it correctly.

Dan

Dalamar
12-04-06, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the info, I just ordered one. :icon_razz: