PDA

View Full Version : who likes autos?

dantonaz
11-27-06, 09:22 PM
Ok heres my deal . I want to make my auto GT a manual. I"d like to trade someone that wants to make theirs an auto. My car is a 99 gt with 70,000. there is nothing done to the transmission. its 100% stock and works perfectly. I want to trade someone ALL of my auto part for ALL of their manual parts...including driveshafts, pedals, computer, console...EVERYTHING. So if anyone wants an auto this would be the easiest and cheapest way to go. In fact i even have a hooby shop we can use with lifts so in a weekend both cars could be swaped. I'm in Tucson btw.

SO anyone?

AZSonicSnake
11-27-06, 10:27 PM
hmmm...allmost tempting since my 98 is my daily driver. or would that be too old?

dantonaz
11-27-06, 10:52 PM
if it works good with no problems and everything between the 98 and 99 will swap then hell im game. my 99 is also a daily driver just wantto have more fun with out getting a new car or spending the money or time/headaches with pieceing together the parts to do it then selling my stuff etc.

MinGry03
11-28-06, 05:37 AM
Sounds like a project. Do some research before you start. I know on my 79 Pontiac T/A, I had to have the flywheel rebalanced for a the 400 block. The 400 was internal blanked and the 301 was external balanced. I do not know if this will affect you guys or not. Just thought I would through my two cents in.

AZSonicSnake
11-28-06, 09:08 AM
only issue i can see right off the bat is the computer, as my motor is most definetly not a pi motor, so the tuning is different. sounds like a little research will need to be done first...

Dan
11-30-06, 06:54 PM
I have a perfect 3650 trans for sale out of my 03 GT

dantonaz
11-30-06, 08:12 PM
i'd need so many parts other then the tranny that the only way i would even THINK about replacing my auto would be to swap with someone.
the clutch, petals, ecm, wiring harness, shifter, console insert, driveshaft and yoke, flywheel, clutch cable and related peices, and all the little nuts and bolts.its a long list, costs money and i won't gain any HP from it. PLUS its just a big pain in the ass. all that time and energy for JUST the ability to shift my own gears. i have never owned a manual and before i bought my 99 i had an 02 5sp (around a month) and i LOVED every second of it. so that's my modivation for doing the swap...the fun factor...lol if i do end up swapping ask me how i like it after a year of daily driving..

sorry so long

stay safe

Dalamar
12-25-06, 10:46 PM
I just swapped my auto for a TKO, and have another car I'm using the Automatic on.

A few other things you'll need is the lower and upper shift boot,
I'm not sure if the fly wheel's different, you'll also need to mess with the start dissable switch thingie. I'm not sure what other wires need messed with, but there's a few. I got my pedal assemblly from Stangparts.

Good luck.