PDA

View Full Version : question on check engine light

Nightmare
11-28-06, 12:06 AM
i have a 03 cobra i know have a T/B and plenum, cold air intake cat back and i just installed a on road x pipe and the Check engine light came on 2 days later...... i just had the code read done and autozone said the catalist limit or something this not normal. what is happening here do i need to get the rear o2s deleted in the PCM?

Lucafu1
11-28-06, 01:44 AM
i have a 03 cobra i know have a T/B and plenum, cold air intake cat back and i just installed a on road x pipe and the Check engine light came on 2 days later...... i just had the code read done and autozone said the catalist limit or something this not normal. what is happening here do i need to get the rear o2s deleted in the PCM?

yes you need the rear o2s off. you said ON road so im guessing you have a bassani or magnaflow catted x or something like that. get the rears shut off and youll be good.

MinGry03
11-28-06, 05:11 AM
yes you need the rear o2s off. you said ON road so im guessing you have a bassani or magnaflow catted x or something like that. get the rears shut off and youll be good.

+1......

Who do you use for a tuner? I have mine turned off and I still have the factory h-pipe. Who ever tunes your car, can turn them off in a blink of an eye.

Dana
11-28-06, 05:59 AM
The above suggestions are probably correct, but if turning off the rears doesn't work, check for an exhaust leak. Even a minor one can cause weird things to happen. The gasket on the passenger side is prone to leaking.

Dan

AZSonicSnake
11-28-06, 09:06 AM
hmm...i have a bassani on road x, and i have no issue with a cel....am i just lucky, or did my awesome tuner just shut it off? i never drove the car with it on before it got tuned, so...i dunno....