PDA

View Full Version : Roll racing footage and pictures this weekend 12-17 or 12-18

Gene
12-13-05, 12:49 PM
I would like to go out in the day time and get some roll racing on tape. I would also like to get a group of us together so we can line up all of the terminators and take some pictures for the website. I was thinking we could meet on the west side this weekend around 2:00-3:00, get some pics and get some video footage. After that, head on over to an applebees and grab some half price happy hour. From there we could cruise on over to the car show on 83rd. Let me know who is available this saturday/sunday.

Dan
12-13-05, 02:06 PM
If you would like for me to be able to play the day would have to be sunday. I might have something planned but not sure yet. the wife wrecked the harley truck so im also dealing with this shit. but im inerested in doing this

Gene
12-13-05, 02:08 PM
Dude, that sucks about the truck. Even if we cant go for a cruse, atleast we could all meet up for some drinks and food while taking some pictures of our cars for the website.

Dan
12-13-05, 02:10 PM
Gene call me and we can set the details im at home right now if you want to call

602 321 8955

AZSnake98
12-13-05, 03:45 PM
Is this just for terminator owners O_o ?

Radeon
12-13-05, 03:46 PM
I would think that it would be for all members?

Gene
12-13-05, 04:24 PM
all members are invited. I'm at work, so I'll post about it later. Gene

Ethan@S3M
12-13-05, 05:30 PM
Do it sunday I gotta work saturday.

50 BMG
12-13-05, 06:49 PM
I'll make it out I guess

Venomous Bite
12-13-05, 07:43 PM
I can make it either day.

phenix
12-13-05, 08:02 PM
let me know and ill bring the ride out.

day and time info and some good directions woudl be nice!

AZSnake98
12-14-05, 01:28 AM
probably wont be there... blew a tire the other morning and the cobra is out of comission until payday... sucks getting paid monthly...

Gene
12-14-05, 08:40 AM
OK lets do it sunday since 2 dan and gonzo cant make it out on saturday. Let me get a poll going.

NOEQUAL
12-14-05, 08:11 PM
Hey guys ill try to make it out just let me know where were gunna meet up!!!!

03cobrazzz
12-15-05, 10:45 AM
i can also only make it sunday. let me know where and when

JimBobWay
12-15-05, 02:02 PM
I might be able to make it Sunday if we can break away from all the Xmas stuff. Have to get the wife unit bundeled up and wash up 2SSSLOW.

The Nunn's
12-15-05, 03:20 PM
Im going to try and see if Dan will let me be his bitch lol he may let me ride with him

Gene
12-15-05, 04:10 PM
OK Sunday it is, and what time does everyone want to meet up. I dont care about racing footage, just pics and a formal happy our so eveyone can get to know each other. Gene

50 BMG
12-15-05, 07:10 PM
FYI I will not be able to bring my car. My ****ing A1 tune went lean, 13.2 a/f at 4000 RPM's so its "back on stands."

I'll still come out with someone though.

Gene
12-16-05, 08:51 AM
Whats the A1 tune? Who's doing your tunes?

50 BMG
12-16-05, 09:45 AM
Copied from another thread...

Right now I'm pissed off at SVC cause my tune already leaned out in less than 1500 miles since they tuned it. I don't know shit about tuning and no one has tampered with the tune either...but I know enough that my a/f should not be at 13.2 on the DJWBC at 4000 RPM's...

Venomous Bite
12-16-05, 10:39 AM
Copied from another thread...

Right now I'm pissed off at SVC cause my tune already leaned out in less than 1500 miles since they tuned it. I don't know shit about tuning and no one has tampered with the tune either...but I know enough that my a/f should not be at 13.2 on the DJWBC at 4000 RPM's...
I am no tuner my self but I think that your sudden leaning out has nothing to do with how many miles you have since tuned. I however believe that you lean condition is being caused by two factors. First I think that the breather you took off may have been bleeding some boost off. Secondly I think that these cool temps out are also making you make more boost thus leaning out you tune. If I was you I would just through some torco or 101 in it unless you have a hand held tuner then I would add some fuel, or you can turn on you boost a pump which would add more fuel. These suggestions are just for the time being you should get it retuned but if you want to wait till you get a Whipple to retune I think these could work for the time being. Then again you know who I am so all of this I just typed doesn't mean shit.

Gene
12-16-05, 11:29 AM
I like Rob and SVC, dont get me wrong, but I wouldn't let him tune my car. James, If you have an SCT ship or xcal already, have James at RWTD fix this mess for 100 bucks. He tunes off the maf, so it doesnt matter how much more boost you throw at it or the change in weather, A/F will always be the same. The cool weather will definitely lean you out if Rob didn't tune off the maf. I'd be pissed too. But bottom line, a tune is a tune, it will not change with time or mileage. The cooler weather or a vacuum leak/unmetered air is the problem. I don't run breathers BTW.

50 BMG
12-16-05, 11:33 AM
I am no tuner my self but I think that your sudden leaning out has nothing to do with how many miles you have since tuned. I however believe that you lean condition is being caused by two factors. First I think that the breather you took off may have been bleeding some boost off. Secondly I think that these cool temps out are also making you make more boost thus leaning out you tune. If I was you I would just through some torco or 101 in it unless you have a hand held tuner then I would add some fuel, or you can turn on you boost a pump which would add more fuel. These suggestions are just for the time being you should get it retuned but if you want to wait till you get a Whipple to retune I think these could work for the time being. Then again you know who I am so all of this I just typed doesn't mean shit.

I know it has nothing to do with the miles I've turned, just stating the fact. Everyone regularly on this board knows that SVC took my car from bone stock to the way it sits in my garage right now (not that it was a secret); the only exception is the reconnected PCV hose.

If reconnecting the PCV hose and removing the breather filter had that much of a fluctuation on the tune I doubt JLT would even include both options in their kit (even though it says a retune is recommended). Again, mabey I'm wrong but everything I've read online (not that it means shit) says breather vs. PCV has little effect if none at all on the A/F ratio. Correct me if I'm wrong...I often wonder why SVC even installed that ****ing breather when the PCV reconnect was included with all the shit I gave them from JLT.

Also, you (Venemous Bite) were riding with me when I discovered this. I wasn't even at 10 PSI on the gauge when I was at 4000 RPM's...

I know colder weather/denser air has an effect but this car maxed 16 PSI at SVC when the finalized tune was completed in beginning of September. It's seen over 16 PSI just 1 time, and you were in the other lane when that happened last Saturday night.

BTW, I ****ing hate typing on laptops.

Gene
12-16-05, 11:39 AM
see my post in the terminator thread.

matt
12-16-05, 12:14 PM
Wish I had the time to go out and meet you guys but this Christmas stuff is keeping me busy. Any plans to meet at one of the car shows, as I may be able to squeeze that in?

NOEQUAL
12-16-05, 05:09 PM
SOOOO. . . . does any one actually know where were meeting?

Gene
12-16-05, 05:56 PM
hows 3:00 at the applebees on either 59th and peoria or 83rd and bell?

BurnTire
12-21-05, 11:02 PM

I know it has nothing to do with the miles I've turned, just stating the fact. Everyone regularly on this board knows that SVC took my car from bone stock to the way it sits in my garage right now (not that it was a secret); the only exception is the reconnected PCV hose.

If reconnecting the PCV hose and removing the breather filter had that much of a fluctuation on the tune I doubt JLT would even include both options in their kit (even though it says a retune is recommended). Again, mabey I'm wrong but everything I've read online (not that it means shit) says breather vs. PCV has little effect if none at all on the A/F ratio. Correct me if I'm wrong...I often wonder why SVC even installed that ****ing breather when the PCV reconnect was included with all the shit I gave them from JLT.

Also, you (Venemous Bite) were riding with me when I discovered this. I wasn't even at 10 PSI on the gauge when I was at 4000 RPM's...

I know colder weather/denser air has an effect but this car maxed 16 PSI at SVC when the finalized tune was completed in beginning of September. It's seen over 16 PSI just 1 time, and you were in the other lane when that happened last Saturday night.

RWTD=Good Tune

Dan
12-22-05, 07:49 AM

RWTD=Good Tune

every tunner makes mistakes especialy when you cant see it on the dyno to know what the air fuel is and when you cant see what the fuel trims are doing, also after a number of mines the computer will try to lean it out becausethe last tunner didnot shut the relearn off. and yes the cold air makes it more dence directly effection the tune.. just my .02

Lucafu1
12-22-05, 08:51 PM
What kinda MAF are you running? If its maxed or close to it then it wont be able to adjust with temp change and all that. The extra boost from dense air shouldnt have an effect on the tune. I have 2 breathers on my car and my AF hasnt changed when I switched. I would look for vacum leaks especially on the back of the blower. I had a line come off and I about shit myself one night after getting into boost. I was not funny then, but I laugh not how scared I was, lol. Also maybe you started the pull to late which wont let the AF drop as fast say if you started at 2k rpm. And then theres that relearn stuff that Dan mentioned, I get all kinds of confused when it comes to that and what it does to the AF and other things.

Maybe you can take it down to SVC and have them tweak it. I would think for how much money they charged and your there customer they should do this for free.

Best of luck!

Luis

Dan
12-22-05, 09:22 PM
What kinda MAF are you running? If its maxed or close to it then it wont be able to adjust with temp change and all that. The extra boost from dense air shouldnt have an effect on the tune. I have 2 breathers on my car and my AF hasnt changed when I switched. I would look for vacum leaks especially on the back of the blower. I had a line come off and I about shit myself one night after getting into boost. I was not funny then, but I laugh not how scared I was, lol. Also maybe you started the pull to late which wont let the AF drop as fast say if you started at 2k rpm. And then theres that relearn stuff that Dan mentioned, I get all kinds of confused when it comes to that and what it does to the AF and other things.

Maybe you can take it down to SVC and have them tweak it. I would think for how much money they charged and your there customer they should do this for free.

Best of luck!

Luis

well to tell you the truth I will do all my own stuff I have had no problems what so ever and for a eaton car I would go out on a linb and say it is one of the fastest eaton cars in town. I will have my car down at the new shop along with about 10 other svt cobras from this town. We / Performance Solution will be the new SVT cobra service center of Phoenix that will be our forte we should be open first week in feb. we also do custom fabercation

50 BMG
12-22-05, 10:04 PM
What kinda MAF are you running?

SCT2400 w/SCT Xcal 2 software

The car is fine, it has 11.5 A/F across the board, 22* timing on 91 octane. I was checking it wrong on the wideband. It was cleared up in another thread.

Didn't check the A/F in 5th cause I don't race in 5th anyways. Haven't checked the 100 octane tune yet either...in fact I've only ran the car twice with 100 octane :roll:

Lucafu1
12-22-05, 11:34 PM
Ok cool. I was just trying to throw some ideas out there. I didnt see the other thread but Im glad everything is good.
How much timing is in your 100oct tune?
Yeah I wouldnt do a pull in 5th, thats alotta load on the engine. I dont trust these pistons that much.

Luis

50 BMG
12-23-05, 06:50 AM
I'm actually not sure. It's one of the few things I forgot to ask Rob. I'd guess 24.5-26* depending on how safe he thought it was.

You can pull in 5th gear if your car is tuned for it...most tuners won't tune 5th gear which is why people destroy these engines on 150+MPH runs (or just burnout 7 and 8 ). Gotta pull a pissload of timing out to keep the cylinder temps down. But I still wouldn't do it.