PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Questions

DrumSTW3
12-07-06, 09:30 PM
Does anyone have the Cervini's Side Exhaust? I want some opinions on it outside of Cervini's website. Does it scrape? Is it possible to replace the mufflers with Borla S Type? Does any anyone have pics of the underside of their car with it installed? I just got a JLT Intake, and I think i'm getting Kooks LT Headers. Also, is a new throttle body worth it? What HP/Torque increases can I expect? Thanks

jvm051
12-28-06, 05:44 PM
Does anyone have the Cervini's Side Exhaust? I want some opinions on it outside of Cervini's website. Does it scrape? Is it possible to replace the mufflers with Borla S Type? Does any anyone have pics of the underside of their car with it installed? I just got a JLT Intake, and I think i'm getting Kooks LT Headers. Also, is a new throttle body worth it? What HP/Torque increases can I expect? Thanks

I know a guy that has his, and he took off one of the sides by jumping a bumper. His car is lowered also. It does sound sick with a off road H-Pipe. As far as the Throttle Body, Stay away. Many people have mentioned having issues with theirs. Plus the factory piece is very efficient.

Torchmach
12-28-06, 05:59 PM
A new throttle body alone is not worth the investment. Ford does a pretty good job of engineeering the stock components to work together, to produce the stock horsepower and torque ratings.

If you change the throttle body, had your intake ported, installed an aftermarket CAI, then you would see a good increase in HP/TQ. My advice would be a CAI, axle back exhaust, and gear set. You would see the best bang for the buck with those three mods, and sound better.

DrumSTW3
12-28-06, 06:02 PM
I think i'm going with a Borla Exhaust, their LT Headers and S type Cat Back, I have the JLT CAI, and either 3.73 or 4.10 gears, then have it tuned